Steve Johnson

Cuze

I have a real hard time speaking highly of Chad Jackson after watching the Indy game. Four of his five catches were short, comeback routes against scrubs, and of course he had the great catch from Brohm deep for 25+/- yards. But he was targeted far more than the five times he caught the ball, and those plays scared me off. Jackson is a 4.3 guy, so he's got speed. But there were several times he couldn't get separation which, especially on deep routes, with his speed, and considering the competition he faced, is a big concern. The thought that Johnson might not "make the team" is insane, but he hasn't really stood out as the clear cut #2 across from Evans. I'd still wager that Johnson wins it at this point, but I'd like to see what Hardy's got when healthy. We drafted him high for a reason - he was a force at Indiana.

The big deal here about the failure of any Bill to command the #2 slot is simply that history has shown us that Evans is far less effective if the opponent can can dt him. Unless the Bills have someone lined up at #2 who at least makes the opposing DC think about giving him more than 1 on 1 attention it simply hamstrings the whole O.

I have a real hard time speaking highly of Chad Jackson after watching the Indy game. Four of his five catches were short, comeback routes against scrubs, and of course he had the great catch from Brohm deep for 25+/- yards. But he was targeted far more than the five times he caught the ball, and those plays scared me off. Jackson is a 4.3 guy, so he's got speed. But there were several times he couldn't get separation which, especially on deep routes, with his speed, and considering the competition he faced, is a big concern. The thought that Johnson might not "make the team" is insane, but he hasn't really stood out as the clear cut #2 across from Evans. I'd still wager that Johnson wins it at this point, but I'd like to see what Hardy's got when healthy. We drafted him high for a reason - he was a force at Indiana.

I'm not sure i'm sold yet that he should be are number 2 receiver. Don't get me wrong i like the guy and think he has a lot of upside but i just haven't seen him do much this preseason to warrant that.I think Chad Jackson has shown him up thus far in preseason and i wouldn't be suprised if Chad Jackson runs with the first team sometime this preseason.Anybody else thinking the same thing? GO BILLS.

Take the guy with the most immediate potential and let him go for it.....at this point looks like Jackson to me.