Thoughts while watching Panthers / Jets

cage

A) He's starting

B) He had 2 monster sacks in the first Quarter from RDE. Isn't Jets LT, D'brickashaw Ferguson a Pro Bowler? First sack he slammed Sanchez like a ragdoll. 2nd sack he overcame a double team block to dump him again.

C) On a more positive front, both Clausen and Sanchez looked pretty bad out there...

Edited by cage

A) He's starting

B) He had 2 monster sacks in the first Quarter from RDE. Isn't Jets LT, D'brickashaw Ferguson a Pro Bowler? First sack he slammed Sanchez like a ragdoll. 2nd sack he overcame a double team block to dump him again.

C) On a more positive front, both Clausen and Sanchez looked pretty bad out there...

As I replied in another thread, I wanted us to take Everette Brown (or Connor Barwin) when both were still around when we picked Jairus Byrd at #41.

I didn't like the Maybin pick and I thought it would be best to stack pass rushers so that at least one of them would pan out.

Once we passed on Brown and Barwin, I then wanted us to draft Lawrence Sidbury in the 4th round when we picked Shawn Nelson, for the same reason as above.

I'm not surprised Everette Brown is looking good. I was amazed at how far he slid in the draft.

A) He's starting

The oddity of this offseason is that the Jet's have acted like they have an 10 year vet at QB who throw for 5000 yards last year. They traded away their best running back and failed to realize that LT has nothing left in the tank. If Sanchez has a sophomore slump they are in BIG trouble.

Although considering how little Sanchez did passing last year it'll be hard to figure out what a slump looks like.

The oddity of this offseason is that the Jet's have acted like they have an 10 year vet at QB who throw for 5000 yards last year. They traded away their best running back and failed to realize that LT has nothing left in the tank. If Sanchez has a sophomore slump they are in BIG trouble.

Although considering how little Sanchez did passing last year it'll be hard to figure out what a slump looks like.

I know its just preseason, but LT has looked pretty damn good so far.

Maybin got 2 sacks last pre-season. Just sayin'.

These were impressive sacks against first string. Like I said on the 2nd one, he didn't just beat a double team, but went through it. These weren't jabroni coverage sacks.

Oh yeah, and Jim Leonhard looked good too. INT, plus SACK, plus returning punts