Kyle Freeking Williams

KW should be the face of this franchise. Balls out, tough and makes plays, this guy will be a Pro Bowler this year. I was nervous about the move to NT at first because playing 2 gap at his size will wear him down by week 6. But the Bills are playing him as a 1 gap most of the time and he has been unblockable so far and he should be near the top of the league in TFLs.

The only problem I see with using him in that role is that it will allow G's and C's to release on the MLB's and that is where the Bills will get gashed in the running game. Taking on and shedding blockers have never been Poz's strongsuit and unless they run blitz him like Fewell used to every other play, it's going to be a long season for the polish prince.

Very encouraged by the DL and the depth. The way KW looks, Troupe will only see the field in short yardage pack's....

Here's to KW on his upcoming Pro Bowl season! :thumbsup:

He's not going to be a pro-bowler, come on man. I would love for you to be right, but he doesn't fit the scheme at all. I'm hoping he's serviceable at NT and can eat up blocks like people twice his size, but pro bowl is a little too optimistic. I was impressed by his play last night, but remember, we played a lot of four-man fronts to combat the Indy 3WR sets.

He's not going to be a pro-bowler, come on man. I would love for you to be right, but he doesn't fit the scheme at all. I'm hoping he's serviceable at NT and can eat up blocks like people twice his size, but pro bowl is a little too optimistic. I was impressed by his play last night, but remember, we played a lot of four-man fronts to combat the Indy 3WR sets.

You should watch the game over again. When the Bills are in the 3-4, he's still being used as a 1 gap NT. He played very little 2 gap last night and in the Washinton game regardless of offensive personnel. I'm as cynical as it gets about the Bills but give credit where credit is due. When guys like Donte and Poz get all of the pub for missing tackles, taking bad angles and not realizing that defense is played at the LOS and not 10 yards downfield, you gotta give credit to the Bills best defender. I stand by the Pro Bowl prediction and check the TFL column at the end of the year because KW will be up at the top.

You should watch the game over again. When the Bills are in the 3-4, he's still being used as a 1 gap NT. He played very little 2 gap last night and in the Washinton game regardless of offensive personnel. I'm as cynical as it gets about the Bills but give credit where credit is due. When guys like Donte and Poz get all of the pub for missing tackles, taking bad angles and not realizing that defense is played at the LOS and not 10 yards downfield, you gotta give credit to the Bills best defender. I stand by the Pro Bowl prediction and check the TFL column at the end of the year because KW will be up at the top.

I'm not trying to slight him, I just don't see how he fits the scheme. I remember we started in a base nickel defense with four down linemen, and he was a distraction from the get-go. Someone here recommended he be a 3-4 DE which I disagree with, but I do want to find a place for him to play.

I've got the game DVR'ed still. Want to go over it play-by-play?? :thumbsup:

He's gonna have to beat out Jenkins, Wolfork and several other great NT's before you can talk probowl. He's been playing well, better than expected. But your talking out your a_ _ with the probowl stuff.

He's gonna have to beat out Jenkins, Wolfork and several other great NT's before you can talk probowl. He's been playing well, better than expected. But your talking out your a_ _ with the probowl stuff.

Not really. Kyle was a Pro Bowl alternate last year (edit: and you know he didn't get the one-third voting from the fans…it was all coaches and players voting for him).

Jenkins has to prove that he can stay healthy this year. He only played 6 games last year (the third time he's played 6 or fewer games in a season) and is entering his 10th season.

KW should be the face of this franchise. Balls out, tough and makes plays, this guy will be a Pro Bowler this year. I was nervous about the move to NT at first because playing 2 gap at his size will wear him down by week 6. But the Bills are playing him as a 1 gap most of the time and he has been unblockable so far and he should be near the top of the league in TFLs.

The only problem I see with using him in that role is that it will allow G's and C's to release on the MLB's and that is where the Bills will get gashed in the running game. Taking on and shedding blockers have never been Poz's strongsuit and unless they run blitz him like Fewell used to every other play, it's going to be a long season for the polish prince.

Very encouraged by the DL and the depth. The way KW looks, Troupe will only see the field in short yardage pack's....

Here's to KW on his upcoming Pro Bowl season! :thumbsup:

Amen, brother. He brings it...

I expect them to play a lot of 4 man fronts all year and don't think KW to the Pro Bowl is that far-fetched. On top of that, when they do play him at the nose, they play him as a 1 instead of a 0, so he's still playing one gap most of the time.

I think Williams is one of the most underrated players in the AFC. I mean he really saw that screen play coming, shed a blocker and made the play. That's what Pro Bowlers do.

Looking forward to the 3rd preseason game when the starter play the whole half then some. The Bills held there own vs the Colts starters.