Antonio Cromartie is PATHETIC

Wow! Throwing money at the children's Mothers makes him responsible? You're assuming that the Mothers are all upstanding human beings who can handle an influx of 100K per child. I would assume that these "baby's mommas" are nothing more than road meat seeing that they are from 5 different states. Either that or Cromartie has Sky miles that the President would envy!

I get it, mistakes happen. But when he started to have more children per season that INT's how responsible was he being then? Misguided beyond belief bro.

But but but but he's a PROVIDER! :worthy: Cromartie has had a far greater negative impact on his children, than positive. Lets call him responsible though because he is paying his mandatory child support. Way to go Antonio!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But but but but he's a PROVIDER! :worthy: Cromartie has had a far greater negative impact on his children, than positive. Lets call him responsible though because he is paying his mandatory child support. Way to go Antonio!

Alright guys, those of you who have had an absentee father that didnt pay child support, please tell me, would you have been better off if he AT THE VERY LEAST, fulfilled his role as provider. I know I would have.

Alright guys, those of you who have had an absentee father that didnt pay child support, please tell me, would you have been better off if he AT THE VERY LEAST, fulfilled his role as provider. I know I would have.

I can't understand how any father could abandon his kids. My daughter means the world to me.

So if you're better than the worst you're good? Sorry Bill

he's being responsible for at least making the payments, is he being irresponsible by not covering up, yes, but at least he's doing something. He obviously must know where the kids are (or his financial guy does), and we dont know if he is involved in their lives or not.

My main reason for not hating on this guy like others have is that IMO, something is better than nothing.

I'm not hating on Cromartie and don't wish him ill-will. That doesn't mean I'm going to give him a reward for nobility for providing support for his kids. He has no choice. He is legally obligated to pay support. I'm very sure there are court orders from all the jurisdictions his children reside at. Now a days governmental agencies are very diligent in establishing paternity and requiring payments for child support.

Times have changed. A father can walk away from the emotional support of children but he is not going to be allowed to walk away from the money side of the issue. I'm sure in AC's case he is not sending in the support checks to his chldren because the money is directly taken out of his checks and sent where it needs to be sent.

I give you credit for having a generous heart for AC's self made situation. My view of him is much harsher than your less judgmental view of his plight. He takes being reckless to an incomprehensible level. Sometimes not having a person in one's life isn't necessarily a bad thing.

So if you're better than the worst you're good? Sorry Bill

I know that when i was a kid, i knew he wouldnt be there, but more than that, he wouldnt even pay the CS, so instead of decent school clothes, we got hand me downs and good will, and thats just one little example. Money is not everything, but it certainly helps, especially in a single parent home. Thats all im getting at.

I know that when i was a kid, i knew he wouldnt be there, but more than that, he wouldnt even pay the CS, so instead of decent school clothes, we got hand me downs and good will, and thats just one little example. Money is not everything, but it certainly helps, especially in a single parent home. Thats all im getting at.

And I don't think anyone would dispute that the kids are better off with the child support than without it. It just takes more than that IMO to be considered a good father or even a decent human being.

I'm not hating on Cromartie and don't wish him ill-will. That doesn't mean I'm going to give him a reward for nobility for providing support for his kids. He has no choice. He is legally obligated to pay support. I'm very sure there are court orders from all the jurisdictions his children reside at. Now a days governmental agencies are very diligent in establishing paternity and requiring payments for child support.

Times have changed. A father can walk away from the emotional support of children but he is not going to be allowed to walk away from the money side of the issue. I'm sure in AC's case he is not sending in the support checks to his chldren because the money is directly taken out of his checks and sent where it needs to be sent.

I give you credit for having a generous heart for AC's self made situation. My view of him is much harsher than your less judgmental view of his plight. He takes being reckless to an incomprehensible level. Sometimes not having a person in one's life isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I know that truth all too well

And I don't think anyone would dispute that the kids are better off with the child support than without it. It just takes more than that IMO to be considered a good father or even a decent human being.

I would never say he's being a good father, but he's at least doing something right by making the payments.

No

If and when you do, you'll understand just how rotten someone's got to be to be like Travis Henry or Cromartie, support or not.

That kid is HALF YOU. Bound by blood. Some men have no honor.

Edit: Of course, if a "father" is going to be an abusive bastard or a drunkard or somehow endanger the kids, he shouldn't be around. But if a guy is upright and honest, there's no excuse for abandoning your responsibility.

I hate to think poorly of a person.

But I know Antonio Cromartie has had some issues as a teammate before these paternity disclosures came to light.

Firstly he has had some vehicle driving issues where he flat out failed to appear in court.

On top of that he had all these paternity suits brought against him. I don't know this area of the law but it seems like a paternity suit would be the last resort of a mother trying to make a father accountable.

In addition, AC soured his relationship with the Chargers. The team didn't think Cromartie was giving good effort on the field although in fairness, the team did not disclose the fact that the player was playing all season long with a hip injury.

So I think he is at least, very immature and perhaps, a very marginal character.

What is the over/under in years that Cromartie stops paying child support after he's done playing?

(If you don't want to be criticized by others like I'm likely to be, don't answer the question.)