Antonio Cromartie is PATHETIC

True! My Mother always told me never to let my Father be an excuse for anything in my life and I never have. When I finally met him, I thanked God that he didn't raise me! He's nuttier than a squirrel's diet! :worthy:

kinda the same here, although he wasn't nutty, just an asswhole. Now that i'm an adult, i am my own man, i make no excuse, i take responsibility for all my actions, but as a helpless child, things were different.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On top of that he had all these paternity suits brought against him. I don't know this area of the law but it seems like a paternity suit would be the last resort of a mother trying to make a father accountable.

(If you don't want to be criticized by others like I'm likely to be, don't answer the question.)

SJB, Times have changed. If the mother seeks any governmental aid the agencies involved are very diligent in making sure that the paternity is established and that a financial resposnibility will be legally established. Oftentimes payment is made to a governmental agency which will then pay out to the mother and family.

If a mother doesn't seek help from a governmental agency she still can go to the authorities, have the paternity established and then have a court order issued for payment.

What is the over/under in years that Cromartie stops paying child support after he's done playing?

In cases such as Cromartie where he has substantial earning capacity for a limited number of years and then the earning capacity dramatically drops it is not too difficult to predict what happens next. A person such as Cromartie who is clearly reckless in his behavior and does not have the maturity and sophistication to handle his finances and investments (if there are any) in such a way to guarantee enough income after his playing days are over will succumb to his financial responsibilities. He can go to court to get them reduced but he will probably never be able to recover for his irresponsible behavior.

I'm not trying to be funny but the best thing that happened to Travis Henry is that he went to jail on drug charges. He owed so much in child support that he would never be able to escape the financial burdens he created. For him, going to jail probably gave him some relief from the mess he got himself into.

Yeah I saw an article linked via PFT to Kevin Acee of the San Diego newspaper.

Safety Eric Weddle and CB Quentin Jammer basically publicly said that they were glad Antonio Cromartie is no longer on the team.

Not often former teammates will be that brutally honest about a former teammate.

He blows off court appearances, does the Travis Henry routine, annoys his employer due to a lack of effort, and alienates former teammates. Not a pretty picture.