From Tim Graham's interview with Jason Taylor

Lothar

How would missing butler THIS year be different than last year? Last year, butler was IR almost all season. We were a better team with him, but comparing to last year, he wasn't exactly around either.

The line is better than last year. The interior will (Wood, hangartner, levitre) have had more snaps and time to gell. Conrell Green is better at RT than Chambers and whatever other crap we had last year. Then there is LT, which still sucks and is dragging the oline down. But this line should be more improved than last year.

I would expect three or four of the guys on the line to be better this year than last. But only two, our guards, are likely to improve enough so that it makes a difference. The OL isn't going to be good.

How would missing Butler be different this year? Last year we thought he was coming back.

Eball, you said re: the QBs, "I don't have enough information to make that judgment. I know Gailey has been successful elsewhere with "lesser" talent, so if he can't get something out of these guys I'll have no choice but to agree with you."

Hey, if you want to kid yourself, go ahead, but not Kordell Stewart, not Jay Fiedler and not Tyler Thigpen are worse than our guys. All were better. Thigpen had less experience than Trent, so there's that, but that team had how many wins?

Again, kid yourself if you want, but don't expect us to believe that stuff.

If one of our guys can take a huge step up, fantastic. But at their current levels or even with slight improvement, this team is pathetic at QB.

I thought I should return the favor. :wallbash:

Thanks. But I'll be a lot closer to laughing as the season goes along, because I already know not to expect much this year.

Split with the Jets and Miami? I know four days you won't be smiling. Well, mmmmmaybe three, as I'm not all that convinced about Miami either, but even the not very good teams are going to beat us this year.

Thanks. But I'll be a lot closer to laughing as the season goes along, because I already know not to expect much this year.

Split with the Jets and Miami? I know four days you won't be smiling. Well, mmmmmaybe three, as I'm not all that convinced about Miami either, but even the not very good teams are going to beat us this year.

Well, that's why they play the games. And if there's one thing I learned, it's that when it comes to division rivals, you can throw out the records.

I would expect three or four of the guys on the line to be better this year than last. But only two, our guards, are likely to improve enough so that it makes a difference. The OL isn't going to be good.

The interior should be good. You yourself are expecting the OG's to be good, and Hangman will be better for it because he won't be playing between 2 rookies. At LT, Meredith kept a guy who notched 11 sacks as a rookie away from his QB for a quarter and a half. Does that mean anything? Maybe, but it also may be too early to tell. Now at RT, Green has missed a lot of time and I can't evaluate it until he (or Meredith, if Bell does well at LT) gets in there. Then again, most people thought Butler was a desperation move by the Bills and going to be a disaster at RT last year. Speaking of which...

How would missing Butler be different this year? Last year we thought he was coming back.

He would have been coming back from a major injury, which while an injury from which coming back is likely, there are no guarantees. And in any case, they knew he was gone with enough time to do something about it (i.e. sign Green).

Are you a moderator or something? Seriously. Look, I don't need to fight with you, but I also don't need you telling me whether I've posted something appropriate or not. I've been around here a fair amount of time and think I have a pretty good handle on what makes this place tick. You haven't earned the right to be the arbiter of what constitutes proper decorum.

Well, let me tell you something. Your ignorance is beyond belief. What in the world would makes you think I am trying to be some kind of arbiter? I was given you a damn compliment and you twisted the post into another insulting disrespectful post. You have no class whatsoever.

Good handle on what make this place tick? Would that be insulting people and using the Troll comment every other post.

Your not even worthy of washing my underwear....