Pot: Not just for losers any more

ieatcrayonz

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah brutal. Glad I could make your day. :D

Really, if you have never told me how old you are I'd swear you were 12.

I would say this was as brutal as what I have seen in PPP, as everyone one of your points has been smashed quite similar to someone else, but I promised not to do so.

I still find you amusing in other posts. :rolleyes:

I would say this was as brutal as what I have seen in PPP, as everyone one of your points has been smashed quite similar to someone else, but I promised not to do so.

I still find you amusing in other posts. :beer:

Thank goodness there are so many brilliant people in this thread that it turned from a picture of a BABY SMOKING POT into a series of weak diatribes by a bunch of people that are probably STONED RIGHT NOW to LEGALIZE THE SUBSTANCE THE BABY IS SMOKING.

Yes, Chef Jim has been "smashed". :D:rolleyes::blink:

Mine is grown in the backyard of a very nice lady here w/no pets whatsoever.

You are in over your head here, Cincy. When is the last time you bought illegal drugs? Dealt with a drug dealer? Saw pot plants growing with your own eyes?

Now, are there some pot growers like the ones you describe? Yup. Legalization should put them out of business, or make them legit, pretty damn quickly, don't you think?

Far from it, Dean. You only have read what I've decided to tell.

I still find you amusing in other posts. :D

No I think it's quite interesting that the people "smashing" points are using prohibition. Well I think it's is safe to say the the re-legalization of alcohol aided in the sale of illegal drugs in the country by the very people "hurt" by the repeal of prohibition. The "mob" just moved on to something more lucrative just as the cartels will if/and when marijuana is legalized. In my opinion the availability and use of heroin, cocaine and meth will rise if this happens. The drug dealers will push these other drugs seeing pot will be legal. It's interesting how my points can be "smashed" when they are (as well as theirs) are 100% speculation as to what will really happen.

No I think it's quite interesting that the people "smashing" points are using prohibition. Well I think it's is safe to say the the re-legalization of alcohol aided in the sale of illegal drugs in the country by the very people "hurt" by the repeal of prohibition. The "mob" just moved on to something more lucrative just as the cartels will if/and when marijuana is legalized. In my opinion the availability and use of heroin, cocaine and meth will rise if this happens. The drug dealers will push these other drugs seeing pot will be legal. It's interesting how my points can be "smashed" when they are (as well as theirs) are 100% speculation as to what will really happen.

I know you are doing your usual troll. You haven't addressed the points brought up against your argument and are unlikely to do so. So I am just registering my vote for how you have been punked by the other posters. Feel free to argue their points, somehow, I doubt you will. I might play, but you you haven't even come close to successfully arguing against the people who are debating you at the moment. At least IMO.

I'd be extremely happy if what happened to the mafia happens to the cartels. The heads of the mob went from being the richest men in America, to simply wealthy men. If you think they found something more lucrative, its not worth debating with you. Any person who knows a shred of information about organized crime knows that the mafia had it's heyday during alcohol prohibition. But hey, there is this mysterious activity that these cartels will engage in that is "more lucrative" than selling marijuana. God knows why they haven't done it already, after all, it will make them more money than selling weed.

Also, can you please explain how they will "market" harder drugs? 90% of people going to dealers now, will have no reason to when weed is legal. The streets are already full of very potent heroin and meth, so flooding the market won't do anything. Not to mention that these Cartels make far less on the harder drugs, as they have to be bought from the Colombians and other organizations (with the exception being meth).

I'm actually quite astounded that you think that people will start doing harder drugs simply because marijuana is legal, Chef. If anything it will go way down. If i have my first joint from a 7/11, there is no need to go see a drug dealer and be introduced to that element of society. People who drink beer aren't suddenly going out and shooting up heroin, and it will be no different with marijuana.

I guess those evil cartels will have to start advertising their methamphetamine during American Idol once California legalizes pot.

If one cares to look back into crime statistics (understanding that the recording of such is subject to re-writing, e.g. Good ole' Bill jiggering the Uniform Code in 1992 to make him look good on crime - did you know that a male can no longer be raped?) - during prohibition, a lot of crime dipped - the local squabbles, the wife beatings, petty thefts, local murders, beatings etc. Which made and makes sense now - booze is a big factor in crime.

Drugs, too - but I guess we give a pass to smokables. :D

I know you are doing your usual troll. You haven't addressed the points brought up against your argument and are unlikely to do so. So I am just registering my vote for how you have been punked by the other posters. Feel free to argue their points, somehow, I doubt you will. I might play, but you you haven't even come close to successfully arguing against the people who are debating you at the moment. At least IMO.

Their point is that if you legalize pot the people who profit from pot will have to downsize, go to something else or go out of business. My point is they will go to option number two and sell something else and it ain't gonna be tacos. So what's it gonna be? I'll let you guess. Their point also is that if pot is legal there will be less demand for hard drugs so the cartel won't have a market. I say bull ****. They push it, the market is there and they will do whatever than can to keep the flow and need for the product open. Hard drugs are brutal, we're not talking pot. You ever use cocaine, heroin, meth, crack? These are all very addictive, how do you think crack use exploded? These guys debating me are just pot smokers but there are an awful lot of pot smokers that would easily be moved on to something more addictive. Now don't take that to mean I think that pot is a gateway drug, I don't know the answer to that, but it was for me.

Oh and the person equating this to the housing bubble and coke (the dark cola, not the powder one) becoming illegal? Well that doesn't even deserve a rebuttal.

If one cares to look back into crime statistics (understanding that the recording of such is subject to re-writing, e.g. Good ole' Bill jiggering the Uniform Code in 1992 to make him look good on crime - did you know that a male can no longer be raped?) - during prohibition, a lot of crime dipped - the local squabbles, the wife beatings, petty thefts, local murders, beatings etc. Which made and makes sense now - booze is a big factor in crime.

Drugs, too - but I guess we give a pass to smokables. :rolleyes:

If you are equating violence caused by alcohol to violence caused by marijuana, then you should not even be discussing the subject. I think people should actually understand what they are talking about before they comment. I've never seen someone get high and want to beat his wife, but I have seen plenty of people get violent when drunk. Ask anyone who has done both and they will tell you the difference.

People are really going to be going out and killing people for their $100 ounces of bud. :D

Their point is that if you legalize pot the people who profit from pot will have to downsize, go to something else or go out of business. My point is they will go to option number two and sell something else and it ain't gonna be tacos. So what's it gonna be? I'll let you guess. Their point also is that if pot is legal there will be less demand for hard drugs so the cartel won't have a market. I say bull ****. They push it, the market is there and they will do whatever than can to keep the flow and need for the product open. Hard drugs are brutal, we're not talking pot. You ever use cocaine, heroin, meth, crack? These are all very addictive, how do you think crack use exploded? These guys debating me are just pot smokers but there are an awful lot of pot smokers that would easily be moved on to something more addictive. Now don't take that to mean I think that pot is a gateway drug, I don't know the answer to that, but it was for me.

Oh and the person equating this to the housing bubble and coke (the dark cola, not the powder one) becoming illegal? Well that doesn't even deserve a rebuttal.

Bold - See Fingon's and Deans' posts.

Italicized - Coke a few times when I was say 18-20. I did it because the women wanted to do it, not drug pushers.

I'd be extremely happy if what happened to the mafia happens to the cartels. The heads of the mob went from being the richest men in America, to simply wealthy men. If you think they found something more lucrative, its not worth debating with you. Any person who knows a shred of information about organized crime knows that the mafia had it's heyday during alcohol prohibition. But hey, there is this mysterious activity that these cartels will engage in that is "more lucrative" than selling marijuana. God knows why they haven't done it already, after all, it will make them more money than selling weed.

Also, can you please explain how they will "market" harder drugs? 90% of people going to dealers now, will have no reason to when weed is legal. The streets are already full of very potent heroin and meth, so flooding the market won't do anything. Not to mention that these Cartels make far less on the harder drugs, as they have to be bought from the Colombians and other organizations (with the exception being meth).

I'm actually quite astounded that you think that people will start doing harder drugs simply because marijuana is legal, Chef. If anything it will go way down. If i have my first joint from a 7/11, there is no need to go see a drug dealer and be introduced to that element of society. People who drink beer aren't suddenly going out and shooting up heroin, and it will be no different with marijuana.

I guess those evil cartels will have to start advertising their methamphetamine during American Idol once California legalizes pot.

Ok so maybe organized crime didn't go on to something more lucrative after prohibition but they went on to something else none the less and it was drugs right? And the only point I'm making is that if pot is legalized the cartels will go on to something so they can continue their lifestyles and in my opinion it will be other drugs.

Yup you got me man. :D

Ok so maybe organized crime didn't go on to something more lucrative after prohibition but they went on to something else none the less and it was drugs right? And the only point I'm making is that if pot is legalized the cartels will go on to something so they can continue their lifestyles and in my opinion it will be other drugs.

And they will be far less powerful, as they will be dependent on other groups to make money (The Colombians). Not to mention, that the DEA will go from flying helicopters over public parks, to fighting the use of harder drugs. If you are worried about the increase of hard drug use, then perhaps you should be advocating Portugal-style drug laws. They have slashed the number of drug users by 50% or more in some cases.

How about we stop worrying about legal/illegal and used some good old fashioned shame to call a loser a loser when we see one smoking pot and hold ourselves to higher standards. Pot is a gaetway drug. No, it's not. Yes it is. No it's not. :D:rolleyes:

Who friggin cares. It is for losers and it creates more losers. Maybe laws don't matter as much as having all of us letting these losers know they are losers instead of allowing them to misguidedly think they are enlightened or cool. Maybe then there won't be any cool pictures of babies smoking pot.

And they will be far less powerful, as they will be dependent on other groups to make money (The Colombians). Not to mention, that the DEA will go from flying helicopters over public parks, to fighting the use of harder drugs. If you are worried about the increase of hard drug use, then perhaps you should be advocating Portugal-style drug laws. They have slashed the number of drug users by 50% or more in some cases.

And there you go. If you're going to legalize drugs legalize them all don't cherry pick. Put the cartels 100% out of business. And that my friends is my whole !@#$ing point.

How about we stop worrying about legal/illegal and used some good old fashioned shame to call a loser a loser when we see one smoking pot and hold ourselves to higher standards. Pot is a gaetway drug. No, it's not. Yes it is. No it's not. :D:rolleyes:

Who friggin cares. It is for losers and it creates more losers. Maybe laws don't matter as much as having all of us letting these losers know they are losers instead of allowing them to misguidedly think they are enlightened or cool. Maybe then there won't be any cool pictures of babies smoking pot.

I'm all for socially ostracizing Ipad owners.