OT- Do you guys remember?

rolly

Well, I asked for everyone's thoughts on purchasing some stock from Sirius satellite radio. I opted not to buy stock due to uncertainty and lack of funds.

From that time to the present Sirius stock has raised $4.00 in about a month and a half period. It has been rising consistenly ever since. At this point I am kind of kicking myself and it hurts to check that stock every day. :rolleyes:

Sirius

I bought in when Stern signed and doubled my money in a little over a month. I was going to invest every dollar I had on a hunch (a very risky and usually stupid move), but I was talked out of it ... still, I've never had such luck with a stock before. I keep watching it go up and can't believe the change. Right now it's riding on potential only ... the company has yet to make money and is still risky. Just be careful.

I bought in when Stern signed and doubled my money in a little over a month.  I was going to invest every dollar I had on a hunch (a very risky and usually stupid move), but I was talked out of it ... still, I've never had such luck with a stock before.  I keep watching it go up and can't believe the change.  Right now it's riding on potential only ... the company has yet to make money and is still risky.  Just be careful.

146077[/snapback]

I haven't had such luck with a stock before either. I've made a good chunk of change and plan on keeping it for awhile, at least until next year after Stern joins. However long-range (10 year) estimates are that satellite radio will have 30-40M subscribers, so I'll probably end up keeping it for a long time.

Small caps like that can make you a lot of money ore lose you a lot. The think about the stock market is if you miss the boat on one stock that caught fire, there is always another opportunity somewhere. Stern is not my cup of tea so I wouldn't have bought the stock if I thought it was going to be a ten bagger (a stock that multiplies in value by ten).