My Favorite Bills Offensive Formation

WickedGame

It's a two-receiver/two-back set, with Spiller motioning out of the backfield to the slot receiver position. You've get a tight end in on the left side for pass protection and as a possible 4th/5th receiving option if he releases.

WR Evans

TE Matthews/Nelson/Stupar

LT ??

LG Levitre

C Hangartner

RG Wood

RT Green

WR S. Johnson

RB Jackson

RB Spiller

QB Edwards

The defense wants to use a safety to double on Evans. They'll leave a CB in one-on-one coverage on Johnson, and the other safety creeps into the box for run support or added QB pressure.

Spiller motions out to the slot. Now what does the D do? Slide the safety out of the box into coverage against Spiller? That gets rid of the 8-man front, takes pressure off Edwards, and opens up room for Jackson to run. Let a LB cover Spiller? I don't think so. Stack the box against a Freddie Jackson run? Wide open pass to Spiller or Johnson. Go single coverage against Evans? Touchdown.

And just imagine of S. Nelson could block in addition to catching...

Whaddya think?

It's a two-receiver/two-back set, with Spiller motioning out of the backfield to the slot receiver position. You've get a tight end in on the left side for pass protection and as a possible 4th/5th receiving option if he releases.

WR Evans

LT ??

LG Levitre

C Hangartner

RG Wood

RT Green

WR S. Johnson

RB Jackson

RB Spiller

QB Edwards

The defense wants to use a safety to double on Evans. They'll leave a CB in one-on-one coverage on Johnson, and the other safety creeps into the box for run support or added QB pressure.

Spiller motions out to the slot. Now what does the D do? Slide the safety out of the box into coverage against Spiller? That gets rid of the 8-man front, takes pressure off Edwards, and opens up room for Jackson to run. Let a LB cover Spiller? I don't think so. Stack the box against a Freddie Jackson run? Wide open pass to Spiller or Johnson. Go single coverage against Evans? Touchdown.

Whaddya think?

Hey buddy, I'm gonna give you a pass because you're new, but we don't talk about football on this board. We talk about what Bills players are tweeting, and which members of the sports media we want to kick the asses of. This type of talk about formations and such won't sit well with us. <_<

Seriously though, I'm curious...are you saying this is something you've noticed in training camp practices, or is it a brain child of yours? Either way, seems good to me.

Hey buddy, I'm gonna give you a pass because you're new, but we don't talk about football on this board. We talk about what Bills players are tweeting, and which members of the sports media we want to kick the asses of. This type of talk about formations and such won't sit well with us. <_<

Seriously though, I'm curious...are you saying this is something you've noticed in training camp practices, or is it a brain child of yours? Either way, seems good to me.

Just something I cooked up. Although, it wouldn't surprise me if it's part of the base install. There's nothing fancy about the formation -- I didn't mention routes or reads.

Something tells me Chan doesn't need me as an offensive coach. I'm sure he's got some smart plays drawn up for the talent he has. Even with Trent's limitations and an O-Line that needs works, you can use mismatches to take pressure off the QB.

Interesting idea. I think the D would tend to counter with a nickel package if they ever saw those 2 in the backfield, but that would make running easier.

Here's mine:

WR Evans

TE Stupar/Nelson/Matthews

LT Du Jour

LG Levitre

C Hangartner

RG Wood

RT Green

WR Parrish

RB Lynch

RB Spiller

QB Jackson

<_< If we hired a left tackle named Du Jour, I think we could say all that was meant to be done in this life had been done. Put a bow on it and call it a day.

Here's my limited depth chart:

WR Evans

TE Stupar/Nelson/Matthews

LT ???

LG Levitre

C Hangartner

RG Wood

RT Green

SE Spiller/Parrish

WR Johnson/Parrish

RB Jackson/Spiller/Lynch

QB Edwards/Brohm/Brown

WR Evans

LT ??

LG Levitre

C Hangartner

RG Wood

RT Green

WR S. Johnson

RB Jackson

RB Spiller

QB Edwards

Whaddya think?

Are any of you old enough to remember when the Bills decided to start using Steve Tasker more? It was great when he'd line up outside or in the slot and the roll back to take the hand off for an outside run. I have been thinking a lot about CJ's speed and using the same play.......

WR Evans

LT ??

LG Levitre

C Hangartner

RG Wood

RT Green

WR S. Johnson

RB Jackson

RB Spiller

QB Edwards

Whaddya think?

Bring a nickel back in to cover spiller. Nobody is afraid of one on one w Johnson. Now you are in 3-3 formation essentially with db covering spiller and creep safety down for run support. Anyway if you are running youll have support of safety that was gonna cover Evans.

WR Evans

LT ??

LG Levitre

C Hangartner

RG Wood

RT Green

WR S. Johnson

RB Jackson

RB Spiller

QB Edwards

Whaddya think?

That would be a great formation/personnel grouping. This whole line of thought is what gets me excited for this upcoming season. We finally have a coach that seems to be good enough at what he does not coach to his player's strengths instead of his own strengths. I hope it leads to him having players do things they are good at instead of trying to force players into playing out of position or just giving them responsibilities that they aren't entirely comfortable with executing. A lot of these guys aren't good in the NFL because they are put into positions they aren't at their best in. If the coach puts these guys into roles that they can execute, I think we have a shot to be decent this year - at least better than people expect. Regardless of how well they do, it should be interesting to watch them.

My favorite Bills formation is the victory formation. That's the one where the quarterback takes a knee to run out the closck and preserve the win.

+1.

Honorable mention for the field goal team from the 2 yard line for a 1 point attempt.