Senate pass the ____ act of ____

Fezmid

http://idle.slashdot.org/story/10/08/10/13...oves-the-Act-Of

It was officially announced as a bill to tax bonuses to execs who received TARP money. But then someone simply deleted the entire bill and replaced it with text about aviation security. And then it was deleted again, and replaced with something having to do with education. However, because of these constant changes, many of the services that track the bill have the old details listed.

http://idle.slashdot.org/story/10/08/10/13...oves-the-Act-Of

It was officially announced as a bill to tax bonuses to execs who received TARP money. But then someone simply deleted the entire bill and replaced it with text about aviation security. And then it was deleted again, and replaced with something having to do with education. However, because of these constant changes, many of the services that track the bill have the old details listed.

Weren't they called back to DC to vote on a bill to help fund public service employees in the individual states? I heard it was something like 26 Billion. I wonder how much of that money is going to go for union dues and ultimately be contributed to their favorite politicians? <_<

The passing of the 26B union payoff prior to the election is unbelievably disgusting. The more I read about it, the more pissed off I get. It's amazing to me that any liberal could ever show their face in public and admit their political leanings while watching this administration consistently take money we don't have just to give it to their union pals...from the GM buyout to this latest maneuver to fill the NEA coffers, including states that don't even need the money.

Nice job, DC. Way to work the system. I really like the way this administration shows how it won't be business as usual in Washington.

The passing of the 26B union payoff prior to the election is unbelievably disgusting. The more I read about it, the more pissed off I get. It's amazing to me that any liberal could ever show their face in public and admit their political leanings while watching this administration consistently take money we don't have just to give it to their union pals...from the GM buyout to this latest maneuver to fill the NEA coffers, including states that don't even need the money.

Nice job, DC. Way to work the system. I really like the way this administration shows how it won't be business as usual in Washington.

Oh, its business as usual, just on a much grander scale.

Oh, its business as usual, just on a much grander scale.

And this just in: Now that we've taken care of the NEA, how's about we take care of some bad mortgages?

The Obama administration announced it will spend another $3 billion to help unemployed workers pay their mortgages.

The $3 billion will be divided among the District of Colombia and 17 states hit hardest by the housing crisis and high unemployment. The new cash infusion means the total cost of the program, intended to help the unemployed hold on to their homes, is now $4.1 billion.

"We remain committed to helping struggling homeowners, and this program will provide additional assistance to states hit hardest by unemployment," said Herb Allison, assistant secretary for financial stability at Treasury.

It seems that every time I think they can't do anything worse, they find a way.

There are so many things going wrong that would have been month-long issues when Clinton/Bush were in office, due to the 24 hour news cycle. However, with these guys? Massive foolishness only lasts a few days to a week because it gets replaced by the next ideologically-driven cluster F.