I've been watching aerial ballet this morning

stuckincincy

I have a great view - out the window next to my computer. They started around 9 AM, and have topped off 2 of 3, 40 ft.+ trees in my across-the-street neighbor's back yard. Now its 4 trees...they are also chopping a dead one now, near the corner of the property. Gawd - they must be spending several thousands.

Fascinating how they put up rigging to control the fall.

It's 90+ here now, with heavy humidity. I admire hard work - I can sit and watch it for hours! <_<

I have a great view - out the window next to my computer. They started around 9 AM, and have topped off 2 of 3, 40 ft.+ trees in my across-the-street neighbor's back yard. Now its 4 trees...they are also chopping a dead one now, near the corner of the property. Gawd - they must be spending several thousands.

It's 90+ here now, with heavy humidity. I admire hard work - I can sit and watch it for hours! <_<

This is the coolest thing I've seen for tree clearing.

The jarraff

Speaking of Tree Trimers, this happened here in my neck of the woods yesterday and today.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ- YOUCH!!!!

where does one see that in Manhattan?

I'm sure we can find creative uses for that one on the streets here.

But actually, I saw it on the Thruway this week as they were clearing the side trees.

How does it compare to watching the pioneers clearing the forests in the midwest during the days of western expansion?

How does it compare to watching the pioneers clearing the forests in the midwest during the days of western expansion?

Chain saws, 7 workers, bucket truck, nylon roping, dump truck, block and tackle, safety slings, wood grinders hitched to a truck, bobcat with grasping jaws, insulated water cooler jugs

vs.

One man with an axe.

Chain saws, 7 workers, bucket truck, nylon roping, dump truck, block and tackle, safety slings, wood grinders hitched to a truck, bobcat with grasping jaws, insulated water cooler jugs

vs.

One man with an axe.

Geez grandad your memory is really good!!! :thumbsup: