Listening to the Today show

VABills

I am getting ready to go to church and they are showing pieces of an interview with GWB that will air tomorrow. They ask who's military service was greater, his or Kerry's. GWB flat out says Kerrys was greater, he put himself in harms way by going to Vietnam. GWB said all he did was fly jets. SAid if his unit had been called to go he would have. But Kerrys service was a lot greater and he had a lot of respect for the man.

He also mentioned that the election isn't based on what happened 30 years ago, but what happens in the future.

Straight from the mouth. Again, a lot of you don't like him, for whatever reason, but this humbleness that I believe he got from his father is one of the reasons I do like him. I wish he would get rid of some of the idiots in his cabinent.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I am getting ready to go to church and they are showing pieces of an interview with GWB that will air tomorrow.  They ask who's military service was greater, his or Kerry's.   GWB flat out says Kerrys was greater, he put himself in harms way by going to Vietnam.  GWB said all he did was fly jets.  SAid if his unit had been called to go he would have.  But Kerrys service was a lot greater and he had a lot of respect for the man. 

He also mentioned that the election isn't based on what happened 30 years ago, but what happens in the future. 

Straight from the mouth.  Again, a lot of you don't like him, for whatever reason, but this humbleness  that I believe he got from his father is one of the reasons I do like him.  I wish he would get rid of some of the idiots in his cabinent.

10702[/snapback]

He may be humble on THIS occasion, but it's not because it is TRUE, it's all politics. I don't think Kerry would be honest if he was in the same position either... He HAS to make that admission, trying to make himself look like the better man. His actions so far leave a lot to be desired... let's see him be humble, and work on correcting the problems that have been created in government. Now THAT would truly be praiseworthy.

He should dump Cheney for Powell, and can Ashcroft and Rice. That would be a HUGE step in the right direction.

I am getting ready to go to church and they are showing pieces of an interview with GWB that will air tomorrow.  They ask who's military service was greater, his or Kerry's.   GWB flat out says Kerrys was greater, he put himself in harms way by going to Vietnam.  GWB said all he did was fly jets.  SAid if his unit had been called to go he would have.  But Kerrys service was a lot greater and he had a lot of respect for the man. 

Straight from the mouth.  Again, a lot of you don't like him, for whatever reason, but this humbleness  that I believe he got from his father is one of the reasons I do like him.  I wish he would get rid of some of the idiots in his cabinent.

10702[/snapback]

I heard that on a radio last night... I thought I was dreaming... I guess not.

Good for the man.

They should put this sillyness away.

I still believe that GWB has a snow balls chance in hell in uniting this country... It is just not gonna happen. He will never gain the respect of the world and half this nation. Too bad he burned his bridges with this silly war. Like I said before, he could have had his cake and eat it to... He just choosed to play it wrong. No matter how hard he tries to be "Mr. Humility"... The rest aren't going to capitulate. It is kinda of like "Battered Wife Syndrome", instead it is "Battered Prez. Syndrome"... After all the damage, now he's bringing the roses?

Dump the creep husband... Errr, Prez.... Give it to a fresh horse. We got nothing to lose, all to gain.

Hmmmm and for the past 4 weeks when all this swift boat crap was going on, why didn't he say any of it then to demonstrate his humility and ability to unite?

Oh that's right, because back THEN it wasn't general knowledge that his chief legal advisor had also advised the group AND that one of the group was actually on his re-election campaign's veterans' panel.

And probably also because most news outlets are condemning the group and their divisive ads, and most people now believe Bush is behind them, and only a small fraction of people (most of them HERE) believe that Kerry was dishonest.

Yeah, humble, right. If he's humble then I'm conservative. But at least I'm not gullible.

Hmmmm and for the past 4 weeks when all this swift boat crap was going on, why didn't he say any of it then to demonstrate his humility and ability to unite?

Bush has said this incessantly over the past 4 weeks. I've heard of blind partisanship, apparently the libs in this thread suffer from deaf partisanship as well.

Bush has said this incessantly over the past 4 weeks.  I've heard of blind partisanship, apparently the libs in this thread suffer from deaf partisanship as well.

10772[/snapback]

No he hasn't. His SPOKESMAN, Scott McClellan, has said that Bush said in the past Kerry served admirably. When pressed he made some mealy-mouthed resonse. THAT in reaction to John McCain's call for Bush to repudiate the ads, as Kerry repudiated an anti-Bush ad (immediately I might ad). He wouldn't repudiate the ads, as he should have. Why not? Let them to his dirty work.

It was only when this blew up in his face that he addressed it directly. And how do we know that? Because IF he had come right out and said "this is stevestojan and it should stop", it may have. Even if it didn't, it wouldn't have gotten all the play in the press and it would have died on its own.

McCain is on record as planning to have a few - or many - words with Bush on the topic this week during the convention.

He was backed into a corner and had no choice. And the AP poll released yesterday proved it.

No he hasn't.  His SPOKESMAN, Scott McClellan, has said that Bush said in the past Kerry served admirably.  When pressed he made some mealy-mouthed resonse.  THAT in reaction to John McCain's call for Bush to repudiate the ads, as Kerry repudiated an anti-Bush ad (immediately I might ad).  He wouldn't repudiate the ads, as he should have.  Why not?  Let them to his dirty work.

It was only when this blew up in his face that he addressed it directly.  And how do we know that?  Because IF he had come right out and said "this is stevestojan and it should stop", it may have.  Even if it didn't, it wouldn't have gotten all the play in the press and it would have died on its own.

McCain is on record as planning to have a few - or many - words with Bush on the topic this week during the convention. 

He was backed into a corner and had no choice.  And the AP poll released yesterday proved it.

10779[/snapback]

Is that the poll showing Bush leading the electoral vote by at least 10, and possibly more?

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Is that the poll showing Bush leading the electoral vote by at least 10, and possibly more?

10816[/snapback]

Polls are WORTHLESS. Just ask Dewey and Gore.

YES! :doh:

YES!  :doh:

10820[/snapback]

I agree, that post of mine was meant to be sarcasm.

The funny thing is today's sermon in church was about humility and not always taking credit for every little thing you do. I believe, from my warped view, that GWB has done a lot of this all along, and I believe it gets him into trouble with the folks that always want to toot their horn. based on things I have seen and heard, there is a lot being done to protect us every day, that either the administration is not touting, or the media refuses to recognize.

I also hate the media, for what they aren't doing in regards to our current war heroes. In past wars we have had the Chesty Pullers, the Dan Dalys, and others who bravely served not trying to overstate their contributions, but each was awarded the MOH, Daly twice. these are the heroes. I am sure they exist in Iraq today, yet the media, would rather concentrate on the bad and the politics, and not recognize the people who give their all.

They talk about a guy who got a scratch from a grenade he dropped 36 years ago. The talk about the same guy who pulled someone out of the water, maybe he was under fire, maybe he wasn't depending on what you believe.

But we have men and women fighting a war now, and this country doesn't care, because the media doesn't let them. We have guys that have done a lot more in combat then either of the two jerks running.

The difference is one served but didn't go to combat, but he is humble and has stated several times that he rcognizes the other contriibutions, but he wants to talk about real issues.

The other guy continue to live of the glory of what may or may not have happened 36 years ago, and he seems to want all the credit in the world. Well humilty doesn't seem in any way shape or form to be any where in his little pea brain.

Thank you John Kerry for serving, but so did a lot of us. Now shut up and tell us something else. Tell us how you will make our lives better. Tell us why we are great. Let us accept some of the gratutity from the people and quit focusing on yourself.

George, I think you have made some mistakes. I think you have some people who at times forget they are here for the people of this country. Get rid of them, you are too good to be brought down by these fools. Keep the focus on what is right for this country and the rest of the world into the future. I could care less what France, Spain, Russia or Germany say, because all they care about is their lost Iraqi contracts, and what it means for them today. They don't care about the future.

Oh that's right, because back THEN it wasn't general knowledge that his chief legal advisor had also advised the group AND that one of the group was actually on his re-election campaign's veterans' panel.

And probably also because most news outlets are condemning the group and their divisive ads, and most people now believe Bush is behind them, and only a small fraction of people (most of them HERE) believe that Kerry was dishonest.

Yeah, humble, right. If he's humble then I'm conservative.  But at least I'm not gullible.

10761[/snapback]

Welcome back Nizzlenit...er, Blzrul...

No he hasn't. 

10779[/snapback]

Not sure what programs you have been listening to, but I have heard President Bush on a number of occassions the last several weeks both speak out against the SBA's and state that he considers Kerry an honorable war vet. Over and above his own service.

Yeah, humble, right. If he's humble then I'm conservative.  But at least I'm not gullible.

10761[/snapback]

Yes, just like Kerry comdemned Fahrenheit 9/11 and refused to let Michael Moore attend the DNC. Just like Kerry condemned all the vicious attack ads coming out of moveon.org, including ones that ATTACK BUSH'S OWN MILITARY RECORD. Just like Kerry has asked people to stop making outrageous claims about Bush - everything from him knowing 9/11 was going to happen to him starting a war in Iraq to help his oil buddies profit (all much worse that the Swift Vets claims).

Oh, OK.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
1 ---> But we have men and women fighting a war now, and this country doesn't care, because the media doesn't let them.  We have guys that have done a lot more in combat then either of the two jerks running. 

2 --->The difference is one served but didn't go to combat, but he is humble and has stated several times that he rcognizes the other contriibutions, but he wants to talk about real issues. 

3 --->Thank you John Kerry for serving, but so did a lot of us.  Now shut up and tell us something else.  Tell us how you will make our lives better.  Tell us why we are great.  Let us accept some of the gratutity from the people and quit focusing on yourself. 

4 --->George, I think you have made some mistakes.  I think you have some people who at times forget they are here for the people of this country.  Get rid of them, you are too good to be brought down by these fools.  Keep the focus on what is right for this country and the rest of the world into the future.  I could care less what France, Spain, Russia or Germany say, because all they care about is their lost Iraqi contracts, and what it means for them today.  They don't care about the future.

10860[/snapback]

1. They aren't fighting a war in Iraq, they are defending the new Iraqi government from chaos, disorder, and possible coup attempts. I think the country DOES CARE, too much, and that is why Bush is constantly being grilled by the opposition. We HATE seeing our men and women in uniform die due to concoted circumstances, and just like the Gulf of Tonkin incident, the WMD incident will not be forgotten. I believe we were JUST getting the healing process of Vietnam over with, and then the Iraqi war tears open ALL the old wounds. It disgusts me, personally.

2. He does NOT want to talk about real issues, just like Kerry. They are both willing to carry on this battle of innuendo and smears to its natural conclusion. I refuse to buy that GWB is any more humble or noble than Kerry. They are politicians, plain and simple.

3. I agree. Where are the issues? F abortion, gay marriage, and all that sideshow crap... let's talk education, health, economics, foreign policy, employment!!!!!

4. I care what the TRUE allies of the U.S. think, but if we act unilaterally in all cases, we run the risk of making ourselves isolationist. It does NOT WORK. What we need to do is pursue a responsible foreign policy, find Bin Laden, streamline the military to react to the threat of terrorism, and work together with the UN, distance ourselves from Israel, and make an all-out WORLD effort to fix the Middle East crisis. This DOES NOT MEAN being at the whim of the UN, but INTELLIGENTLY holding the protagonists accountable (i.e. Israel and the Palestinians). We don't have to establish a 'New World Order' to be effective. Let's take the high road, and get to work... no more bully tactics.

Not sure what programs you have been listening to, but I have heard President Bush on a number of occassions the last several weeks both speak out against the SBA's and state that he considers Kerry an honorable war vet. Over and above his own service.

That's right, OTR. As I said earlier, we have ushered in the era of deaf partisanship...

Bush has said this incessantly over the past 4 weeks.  I've heard of blind partisanship, apparently the libs in this thread suffer from deaf partisanship as well.

10772[/snapback]

Wake up people - it's easy to say one thing and have your campaign manager in cahoots with the culprits at the same time! Quite frankly, when directly asked the question (and our modern day media does not ask ANYONE very good, probing questions anymore), he really had no choice. This 'debate' has to take place in a subversive way because this is a comparison where he has NO upside - they can dog Kerry all they want, but at least there are people around who saw him there and criticize what he did - all of this is really stupid, not relevant to what will happen in the next four years, and certainly took attention away from Bush's questionable record of military service.

YES!  :doh:

10820[/snapback]

#1 - the exit polls in Florida were right - more people did INTEND to vote for Gore;

#2 - the 47,000 folks fraudulently kept from voting because of supposed felony convictions is the real crime. Records show that only a small number of these were legitimate and, 'surprisingly', black folks were restricted from voting (erroneously) in far greater proportions than latin Americans (Cuban Americans are much more likely to vote Republican).....they are trying to head down the same road again, but there is a lawsuit to make them reveal the new list before election day....unbelieveable.

Yes, just like Kerry comdemned Fahrenheit 9/11 and refused to let Michael Moore attend the DNC.  Just like Kerry condemned all the vicious attack ads coming out of moveon.org, including ones that ATTACK BUSH'S OWN MILITARY RECORD.  Just like Kerry has asked people to stop making outrageous claims about Bush - everything from him knowing 9/11 was going to happen to him starting a war in Iraq to help his oil buddies profit (all much worse that the Swift Vets claims).

Oh, OK.

10899[/snapback]

Actually Kerry DID condemn the Moveon.org ad.

The issue is this: by law NEITHER campaign is supposed to have any control over what 527s or PACs do. So the campaign can't approach a PAC and steer their activities. That's the way it works. The groups do what they want.

Supposedly.

When Moveon's ad came out Kerry acted SWIFTLY to condemn it.

Bush condemned NOTHING about the Swift Boat Thugs for Bush, although people from his own party requested he do so. If pressed he'd say "well I said before Kerry served admirably" but he didn't call on the group to cease and desist. After all it was getting all sorts of press.

So Bush ignored those calls and the Kerry campaign filed suit after learning that Bush operatives had been involved. The issue wasn't the funding, everyone knew it was funded by a big Bush supporter in TX, and the Kerry camp was ok with letting people draw their own conclusions about that one.

But when it came out that, in violation of McCain-Feingold, Bush people were advising the group, suddenly 527's are bad, real bad. And Bush has filed suit to eliminate them.

Even though HE signed McCain-Feingold, did he not? I guess he didn't read it, or else he didn't dream the liberal groups would out-raise him by bazillions. Personally I don't like that they spend money on negative ads. I think there are far more effective ways of getting the truth out - just by stating the facts, for example. But I don't have any say over what they do either.

Regarding the Michael Moore thing, it's a movie. Kerry's not a movie critic. If anyone bothered to make a pro-Bush movie would you expect him to say anything about that? What about all those anti-Bush books? Should Kerry make a sweeping announcement that any writer, pundit, talking head, film maker etc. should NEVER say anything bad about Bush.

You'd probably like that but there's still a first amendment in place. I understand the right is upset because all they ever get for celebrity support are pretty much washed-up has-beens, but that's life. Broaden your appeal and you'll broaden your base.

Wake up people - it's easy to say one thing and have your campaign manager in cahoots with the  culprits at the same time!  Quite frankly, when directly asked the question (and our modern day media does not ask ANYONE very good, probing questions anymore), he really had no choice.  This 'debate' has to take place in a subversive way because this is a comparison where he has NO upside - they can dog Kerry all they want, but at least there are people around who saw him there and criticize what he did - all of this is really stupid, not relevant to what will happen in the next four years, and certainly took attention away from Bush's questionable record of military service.

11142[/snapback]

The only thing questionable is the libbers :huh::doh:

The  only thing questionable is the libbers  :huh:  :doh:

11190[/snapback]

No, the only thing questionable are the idiots who spout the party line and don't think, talk or act on their own. They are lemmings. The rights has them, right RIO, and the left has them. It just seems on this board the marjority of the democrats are lemmings, although there are a half dozen or so righties who are lemmings.

People when are you going to wake up and stop saying Bush is bad, and Kerry/Dean is good.

Or Bush good, Kerry is a dork.

They both have problems, but each person needs to decide on their own what they like about each candiadte and what they don't like and make up their minds. Stop voting democrat or republican just because. And stop spouting the party retoric just because you are too !@#$ing lazy to go out learn, thin and decide of your own accord.

The vast majority of the people in this forum are chicken stevestojan lemmings, who is unwilling to take a chance. So be, you will get what you deserve in the end.