Trent on the Radio

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787
Trent Edwards live on 97 Rock, 8:20 am with Norton http://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/citadel/?sid=2936

In a nutshell, TE views the struggles on offense at times is only a testament to our improving defense and is confident both the offense and defense are on the right path and will do well this season. Edwards views the time CJ Spilller is missing now in training camp as necessary and doesn't believe it will slow down the process to much as far as learning the new system goes, at this point anyway.

Trent Edwards took his share of the blame last year and admits he missed open receivers, believes with a year under their belt our O-line will be improved, (especially interior). TE has been working on developing the proper relations/chemistry needed between himself and his teammates to help achieve success.

Talked about TE's sideburns/hair, yada,yada, yada, talked about the WR competition, mentioning Easley, Chad Jackson and that Steve Johnson is possibly going to do a rap song about TE, (already has one for Jaiurus "the bird man" Byrd)

Overall a good interview, TE seems to be saying and doing all the right things,

I'm sure I'm missing something and If anyone else can think of anything to add by all means chime in,

Steve Johnson is possibly going to do a rap song about TE, (already has one for Jaiurus "the bird man" Byrd)

When Trent goes out.....on the town

All the girls want to dance....with Captain Checkdown

Miami, New England and the Jets

Not one of those teams ever frets

To the other teams, he ain't too scary

that's cuz Trent's a glove wearing Mary.

Guest dog14787
When Trent goes out.....on the town

All the girls want to dance....with Captain Checkdown

Miami, New England and the Jets

Not one of those teams ever frets

To the other teams, he ain't to scary

that's cuz Trent's a glove wearing Mary.

:D

In a nutshell, TE views the struggles on offense at times is only a testament to our improving defense and is confident both the offense and defense are on the right path and will do well this season. Edwards views the time CJ Spilller is missing now in training camp as necessary and doesn't believe it will slow down the process to much as far as learning the new system goes, at this point anyway.

Trent Edwards took his share of the blame last year and admits he missed open receivers, believes with a year under their belt our O-line will be improved, (especially interior). TE has been working on developing the proper relations/chemistry needed between himself and his teammates to help achieve success.

Talked about TE's sideburns/hair, yada,yada, yada, talked about the WR competition, mentioning Easley, Chad Jackson and that Steve Johnson is possibly going to do a rap song about TE, (already has one for Jaiurus "the bird man" Byrd)

I'm sure I'm missing something and If anyone else can think of anything to add by all means chime in,

Am I the only one that sees that as a pansy ass statement? Screw developing proper relationships. He needs to just work on throwing the damn ball to his recevers. Their relationships and the team's will suddnely become better once he stops looking around trying to go through his reads for 5 seconds and just throws the damn ball.

Guest dog14787
Am I the only one that sees that as a pansy ass statement? Screw developing proper relationships. He needs to just work on throwing the damn ball to his recevers. Their relationships and the team's will suddnely become better once he stops looking around trying to go through his reads for 5 seconds and just throws the damn ball.

Why don't you ask Jim Kelly why he insisted on taking the O-line out and buying them super from time to time or Drew Brees why he bends over backwards to form good relations with each and every player on the team and does everything in his power to bring them all together. Camaraderie amongst teammates is an important ingredient for any successful team in my opinion.

Awww come on man/Dan, get real :lol:

Why don't you ask Jim Kelly why he insisted on taking the O-line out and buying them super from time to time or Drew Brees why he bends over backwards to form good relations with each and every player on the team and does everything in his power to bring them all together. Camaraderie amongst teammates is an important ingredient for any successful team in my opinion.

Awww come on man/Dan, get real :lol:

Did you ever hear Kelly talking about trying to develop chemistry. No. He demanded it. The linemen and WR's did their job or he ripped teir heads off. That's when they developed a noce chemistry and all go along. He demanded it, he didn't' develop it.

Brees is the unquestioned leader of that team. He doesn't talk about working on his relationship. He gets in the huddle, yells everyone into a frenzy, and then goes out and leads them to championships. I've never heard him talk about trying to develop some relationships.

So, yes, they do it. But, they don't sit around and talk about it. They go out and do it. So, my stance is... Trent just friggin go out and lead the team and demand that they all get on the same page. Don't sit and talk about how you need to get better at it.

Did you ever hear Kelly talking about trying to develop chemistry. No. He demanded it. The linemen and WR's did their job or he ripped teir heads off. That's when they developed a noce chemistry and all go along. He demanded it, he didn't' develop it.

Brees is the unquestioned leader of that team. He doesn't talk about working on his relationship. He gets in the huddle, yells everyone into a frenzy, and then goes out and leads them to championships. I've never heard him talk about trying to develop some relationships.

So, yes, they do it. But, they don't sit around and talk about it. They go out and do it. So, my stance is... Trent just friggin go out and lead the team and demand that they all get on the same page. Don't sit and talk about how you need to get better at it.

You can't demand chemistry Dan, it's either there or it isn't, and sometimes you have to work at it.

Guest dog14787

Demanding something from a rookie lineman that he doesn't have the experience to give you is senseless don't you think,

Yelling or intimidation doesn't get it done , why do you think Cowher and Parcells dropped out of coaching or why do you think Tom Coughlin toned his act down. Scream in someones face constantly you alienate them, it just doesn't work anymore.

You make a good point, as usual. But I think a good relationship, ON FIELD relationship, is very important. Kelly clearly had that with Reed.

Kelly, and Brees are great QBs, who had/have success. They don't need to talk about the relationship they have with their WRs. (Although I'm not entirely sure they never mentioned their rapport with their favorite WRs.) Trent is obviously not a great QB, and equally as obviously doesn't seem to have a great on field relationship with his best WR, Evans. Say what you will about JP, but he seemed to have a pretty good on field relationship with Evans. JP was willing to let the ball go and trust Evans to make the play. Trent seems to be reluctant to throw unless, and until, the WR is wide open (hence the constant check-downs).

I try not to judge players by their statements in the press, particularly when they are as innocuous as Trent's. The proof will be in the pudding, as it were. I am one who believes Trent and his WRs should be working together off season, and during their free time otherwise. Study together, eat together, drink together, etc. Sure it isn't necessary if you have that chemistry or are good enough it comes naturally. I just don't think that's the case with Trent. I will take ANY extra effort to building that chemistry as a good sign, I guess.

Demanding something from a rookie lineman that he doesn't have the experience to give you is senseless don't you think,

Yelling or intimidation doesn't get it done , why do you think Cowher and Parcells dropped out of coaching or why do you think Tom Coughlin toned his act down. Scream in someones face constantly you alienate them, it just doesn't work anymore.

Good point. I would hope that Trent would first take care of his end of the bargain. That is he would throw the ball downfield rather than standing around looking indecisive. If he's doing that andd WR's aren't catching the ball or linemen are giving up on their blocks. Then I'd expect him to demand more. But, his biggest problem is he's trying to work on all this touchy feely crap when he just needs to work on throwing the ball faster to is WRs. Until then, I'll agree, he can't' demand anything.

Guest dog14787
Good point. I would hope that Trent would first take care of his end of the bargain. That is he would throw the ball downfield rather than standing around looking indecisive. If he's doing that andd WR's aren't catching the ball or linemen are giving up on their blocks. Then I'd expect him to demand more. But, his biggest problem is he's trying to work on all this touchy feely crap when he just needs to work on throwing the ball faster to is WRs. Until then, I'll agree, he can't' demand anything.

Let me clarify, demanding something from a rookie lineman that the rookie linemen simply doesn't have the experience to give you is pointless.

You forgot to add one point. Trent Edwards is a loser!

Guest dog14787
You forgot to add one point. Trent Edwards is a loser!

Do you honestly think a man like Chan Gailey would look to Trent Edwards as the leader of his football team if he thought TE was a loser.

Trent Edwards is going to be the starter and he's going to succeed so get used to it or find another team to root for because talking crap about our starting QB is for our opponent to do, not a real Bills fan.

Guest dog14787
Then don't start him.

Most of the line was made up of inexperienced Rookies last season Dan, who would you like to start when its all you have.

Most of the line was made up of inexperienced Rookies last season Dan, who would you like to start when its all you have.

The veterans they released a week before the seaon might have helped.