Troup vs Cody

Fingon

Yep. Here is a good read on it:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2008/5/7/481...sity-modern-3-4

So from what I gather, Williams will continue to do what he's been doing, which is penetrate an OC-OG gap, while Edwards and Stroud handle the OT-OG gaps (I suppose if Stroud and Edwards can 2-gap, the defense will be that much better for it). The unaccounted-for OC-OG gap is the responsibility of a MLB, and the outside (of the OT's) gaps are the responsibility of the OLB's.

That's a great article, thanks. :sick:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it looks like Torrell Troup is in the fold and will be present for all of training camp.

Meanwhile, I was listening to local sportstalk radio on KNBR and the host, Damon Bruce announced what the actual fitness test that Terrence Cody failed:

One 25 yard sprint down and back (total 50 yards) followed by a 70 second rest.

A second 25 yard sprint down and back (total 50 yards) followed by a 70 second rest.

A third and final 25 yard sprint down and back (total 50 yards).

I bet that 90% of the population including geriatrics and children and the obese, could pass this "fitness" test.

Cody's failure to pass this test on the first official day of his professional life…well as I said before the test was known…it's hard to put it into perspective.

Well, the actual test parameters certainly make that perspective much more clear.

edit: No details on how far Cody made it and/or whether he just gave up, passed out or how it was determined that he failed the test. There was no mention of any time parameters for the test. And yes, I am aware that Cody has since passed the test.

Seems like a standard shuttle run, I'm guessing the 3 trials were timed, and the time you run the 3rd has to be within a certain number of seconds of the 1st. Testing your bodies ability to recover. The distance seems extremely short however.

Keep in mind that Ratliff plays in a Wade phllips 3-4..., which is a completely different scheme than the standard 2-gap 3-4. A 1-gap 3-4 (Phillips) generally doesn't require a large, fat, and otherwise gigantic NT. Just one that can penetrate, similar to a 3-technique undertackle in a 4-3.

Has their been any word as to what type of 3-4 the Bills will be running this season?

Seems speculative, I was wondering if there was anything concrete from the coaching staff etc.

There has been no definitive word from the coaching staff. But Kyle Williams said that what they're doing now is pretty much what he was doing last year, which was lining-up between the OG and C and shooting the gap.