T.O. is the only player in NFL History

It bothers me when people on here say T.O. took plays off and didn't try here. If you're watching T.V. you see T.O. on only small percentage of the plays, since the cameras can't show all 11 players complete their full routes.

I filmed for a college team last year, and if I learned on thing it was that coaches are so damn busy watching the how the play unfolds they don't have time to breath let alone individually evaluate players. That is why they spend until 10pm every night of the season going back over tape of previous games and grading how each player executed each play.

If you have access to those tapes I'll listen to you. Other than that, you can't tell me you get a true indicator of a guys performance when you see him 1 out of every 4 plays on your glorious 50-inch plasma, and please don't tell me you can see it in the stadium surrounded by 50000 drunk 20 year olds screaming better than a coach in a silent booth with binoculars.

Another thing, during the Colts game last year, I loved to see T.O. play around in the snow, and get up on the Bills bench, stand towards the crowd and get them into it when the team was on defense. I don't know how many people know this, but after the game, T.O and George Wilson both made complete laps around the stadium shaking hands of the fans that were left, they both bypassed the tunnel to get out of the cold and made sure to get every fan that was left in the stadium.

T.O then went and took that huge Bills flag they wave around after scores and ran around the field with it, eventually running it off with it into the tunnel and into Bills history. There were only a few dozen fans left in the seats by this time. With the way the players of both teams and the fans wanted out of their and into someplace warm, I thought that was a pretty cool thing for him to do.

Is he slowing down? Probably. Is he too expensive? Probably was. Would he have been a 1000 yard receiver in a semi-decent offense? Probably. Everyone on this team was depressed and listless last year. Do we need to resign him? *shrug* Who knows. We just need more players like him who feed off of the competition and hate losing.

Nicely said!!!

No statement is truer. And someone will replace TO as the Bills #1 this year, just as he temporarily displaced Evans last year. You can change the name of your primary receiver--that player is still going to catch most of your passes-whether it's 40, 55 or 100.

Yep, and someone will catch those 100+ passes of Welker's this year for the Pats, right? Of course.

It's nice that TO would say goodbye to the fans after the last home game. It is a classy move.

But to say that "everyone on this team was depressed and listless" is nonesense--a completely made up notion you are hoping will support your belief that TO ran every route hard, never gave up and was completely misjudged by some Bills fans.

TO hates losing? Where did you read that?

Good points. It's obvious by the awesome production from the offense that they were happy and motivated, and giving it their all on every play. Only to be brought down by TO. Who doesn't hate to lose; he just hates his QB's. :rolleyes:

It bothers me when people on here say T.O. took plays off and didn't try here. If you're watching T.V. you see T.O. on only small percentage of the plays, since the cameras can't show all 11 players complete their full routes.

I filmed for a college team last year, and if I learned on thing it was that coaches are so damn busy watching the how the play unfolds they don't have time to breath let alone individually evaluate players. That is why they spend until 10pm every night of the season going back over tape of previous games and grading how each player executed each play.

If you have access to those tapes I'll listen to you. Other than that, you can't tell me you get a true indicator of a guys performance when you see him 1 out of every 4 plays on your glorious 50-inch plasma, and please don't tell me you can see it in the stadium surrounded by 50000 drunk 20 year olds screaming better than a coach in a silent booth with binoculars.

Another thing, during the Colts game last year, I loved to see T.O. play around in the snow, and get up on the Bills bench, stand towards the crowd and get them into it when the team was on defense. I don't know how many people know this, but after the game, T.O and George Wilson both made complete laps around the stadium shaking hands of the fans that were left, they both bypassed the tunnel to get out of the cold and made sure to get every fan that was left in the stadium.

T.O then went and took that huge Bills flag they wave around after scores and ran around the field with it, eventually running it off with it into the tunnel and into Bills history. There were only a few dozen fans left in the seats by this time. With the way the players of both teams and the fans wanted out of their and into someplace warm, I thought that was a pretty cool thing for him to do.

Is he slowing down? Probably. Is he too expensive? Probably was. Would he have been a 1000 yard receiver in a semi-decent offense? Probably. Everyone on this team was depressed and listless last year. Do we need to resign him? *shrug* Who knows. We just need more players like him who feed off of the competition and hate losing.

hell yeah, well said.

Good points. It's obvious by the awesome production from the offense that they were happy and motivated, and giving it their all on every play. Only to be brought down by TO. Who doesn't hate to lose; he just hates his QB's. :rolleyes:

I thought elements of the defense played very well---didn't seem depressed at all. As for the offense, Jackson played well--he didn't seem to me to be depressed or listless. Even Fitz seemed to play with passion as opposed to "listlessness" (you're a "doctor", perhaps you can help us understand this claim by the other poster). Lynch was a supernumerary testicle---not depressed. More likely a personality disorder combined with subnormal IQ.

I thought elements of the defense played very well---didn't seem depressed at all. As for the offense, Jackson played well--he didn't seem to me to be depressed or listless. Even Fitz seemed to play with passion as opposed to "listlessness" (you're a "doctor", perhaps you can help us understand this claim by the other poster). Lynch was a supernumerary testicle---not depressed. More likely a personality disorder combined with subnormal IQ.

The defense looked depressed and listless (probably because of the play of the offense; and no need for quotations bud, I'm as much of a doctor as you) in the 4th quarter, while the offense looked like crap all season long. But the underlying point is that to claim that TO was the only one dogging-it on offense is laughable. And at least it's an explanation for less-than-ideal production, versus lack of talent ("passionate" play only gets you so far). The only other player who played well on offense was Jackson, but if we take away his best game...

The defense looked depressed and listless (probably because of the play of the offense; and no need for quotations bud, I'm as much of a doctor as you) in the 4th quarter, while the offense looked like crap all season long. But the underlying point is that to claim that TO was the only one dogging-it on offense is laughable. And at least it's an explanation for less-than-ideal production, versus lack of talent ("passionate" play only gets you so far). The only other player who played well on offense was Jackson, but if we take away his best game...

Who says that TO was the only player dogging it?

Oh, I get it---you made that up in order to redirect your argument successfully.

Check.

Who says that TO was the only player dogging it?

Oh, I get it---you made that up in order to redirect your argument successfully.

Check.

I must have missed it, but who has said any other player was dogging it last year? Outside of possibly the 3rd ball Lynch? The answer is: no one.

Again doc, his 55 catches for 829 yards and 6 TD's by themselves, nevermind the putridity of the offense, say that his career is far from "over." And he was the #2 WR on the team. Sure "someone had to lead the team in receiving," just like "someone had to win the SB." But it wasn't anyone else. So while he may have gotten lazy at times, he still outproduced everyone on offense except for Fred Jackson, who got a hell of a lot more chances. What does that say about everyone else? I think you know the answer.

The whole damned team was a mess after game 1 against the pats. They saw themselves as snakebitten, Jauron couldn't get them going, and there was little to do. The team was much more talented than they played. Another listless season and we'll actually BE a very bad team as the talent departs. Hence my expectation that we had better get nine wins this season. While some say this is not realistic, I would maintain it is not realistic only because nix and Gailey failed to keep the players they should have, to get players through trade or free agency, or to draft players who would have had immediate impact on the situation. You don't get three or four years to "rebuild" a team these days. I think we are headed down the wrong path, and if nix and gailey don't get the nine wins they should be out.

The whole damned team was a mess after game 1 against the pats. They saw themselves as snakebitten, Jauron couldn't get them going, and there was little to do. The team was much more talented than they played. Another listless season and we'll actually BE a very bad team as the talent departs. Hence my expectation that we had better get nine wins this season. While some say this is not realistic, I would maintain it is not realistic only because nix and Gailey failed to keep the players they should have, to get players through trade or free agency, or to draft players who would have had immediate impact on the situation. You don't get three or four years to "rebuild" a team these days. I think we are headed down the wrong path, and if nix and gailey don't get the nine wins they should be out.

If anything, the team might have been depressed and listless about another year under Jauron, the way things unfolded with the offense before the season started, and the MNF game. But there is a new coach now. They don't need to get 9 wins this year. And Gailey and Nix shouldn't be fired if they don't. The Bills have trouble getting GM's, coaches, and players as it is, so firing people after 1 year would be a disaster.

If anything, the team might have been depressed and listless about another year under Jauron, the way things unfolded with the offense before the season started, and the MNF game. But there is a new coach now. They don't need to get 9 wins this year. And Gailey and Nix shouldn't be fired if they don't. The Bills have trouble getting GM's, coaches, and players as it is, so firing people after 1 year would be a disaster.

Then they better get nine wins.

I must have missed it, but who has said any other player was dogging it last year? Outside of possibly the 3rd ball Lynch? The answer is: no one.

Plenty of people at this site have said that he was dogging it. This is a discussion about TO, so other names haven't, that I recall, come into the conversation. You could start a thread such as.."who else was dogging it besides TO last year?". That's probably the most direct way to get an accurate answer to your question--if that's what your looking for.

Again doc, his 55 catches for 829 yards and 6 TD's by themselves, nevermind the putridity of the offense, say that his career is far from "over." And he was the #2 WR on the team. Sure "someone had to lead the team in receiving," just like "someone had to win the SB." But it wasn't anyone else. So while he may have gotten lazy at times, he still outproduced everyone on offense except for Fred Jackson, who got a hell of a lot more chances. What does that say about everyone else? I think you know the answer.

So he may have gotten lazy at times but he wasn't dogging it. OK. I'll let you rest on that hair splitting job. He was the "#2 WR on the team" and the leading receiver? OK. Anyway, metaphorically speaking, it would be more accurate to say "someone of our three RBs will be our leading RB this season (likely at the expense of last year's leading RB)".

Hey, crappy Trent Edwards did better throwing to Evans in '08 than anybody did in '09. Oh, that's right---it's because we had such a better O-line in '08 (I hardly remember you feeling that way at the time) and a top notch OC (ditto).

Plenty of people at this site have said that he was dogging it. This is a discussion about TO, so other names haven't, that I recall, come into the conversation. You could start a thread such as.."who else was dogging it besides TO last year?". That's probably the most direct way to get an accurate answer to your question--if that's what your looking for.

I didn't realize I needed to ask. In TO's case, people offered unsolicited commentary and didn't implicate anyone else.

So he may have gotten lazy at times but he wasn't dogging it. OK. I'll let you rest on that hair splitting job. He was the "#2 WR on the team" and the leading receiver? OK. Anyway, metaphorically speaking, it would be more accurate to say "someone of our three RBs will be our leading RB this season (likely at the expense of last year's leading RB)".

Hey, crappy Trent Edwards did better throwing to Evans in '08 than anybody did in '09. Oh, that's right---it's because we had such a better O-line in '08 (I hardly remember you feeling that way at the time) and a top notch OC (ditto).

Oy. I never said he didn't dog it at times. Who didn't (okay there, I asked, happy?)? Would you say that everyone gave maximal effort on every play? A majority of the time?

As for what happened in 2008, it has NO bearing on 2009. Just like you and others say that Flutie's losing record with the Chargers has no bearing on his winning record with the Bills.