Keeper league - help requested

Fezmid

I have to submit my list of which 4 players I'm keeping. The rest of the players go into an auction at the end of August.

I think it's a pretty easy choice, overall, but just wanted to see what others thought.

Here's my roster:

QB Philip Rivers

QB Kurt Warner

RB Steven Jackson

RB Knowshon Moreno

WR Roddy White

WR Marques Colston

TE Tony Gonzalez

K Robbie Gould

RB Reggie Bush

RB Fred Jackson

RB Samkon Gado

WR Terrell Owens

WR Pierre Garcon

Roddy White and Marques Colston are locked, as is Steven Jackson. So that leaves one more keeper spot. I think the safe/smart move it to keep Rivers. Part of me wants to keep Moreno though, since he has a good chance of breaking out. That said, I might be able to get him cheap in the auction, depending on how he does in preseason.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
I have to submit my list of which 4 players I'm keeping. The rest of the players go into an auction at the end of August.

I think it's a pretty easy choice, overall, but just wanted to see what others thought.

Here's my roster:

QB Philip Rivers

QB Kurt Warner

RB Steven Jackson

RB Knowshon Moreno

WR Roddy White

WR Marques Colston

TE Tony Gonzalez

K Robbie Gould

RB Reggie Bush

RB Fred Jackson

RB Samkon Gado

WR Terrell Owens

WR Pierre Garcon

Roddy White and Marques Colston are locked, as is Steven Jackson. So that leaves one more keeper spot. I think the safe/smart move it to keep Rivers. Part of me wants to keep Moreno though, since he has a good chance of breaking out. That said, I might be able to get him cheap in the auction, depending on how he does in preseason.

Thoughts?

Gotta go with Rivers, White, Jackson.... I like Moreno too... depending on what else is available receiver wise, I might be tempted to pick up Moreno, and let either Colston or Jackson go. I like them both, but New Orleans spreads the ball around quite a bit, and, for some reason, I think Jackson might break down... but, I think your choices are fine!

• 4 weeks later...

Rivers, White and Garcon. Not thrilled on any of the others

What??? You wouldn't keep Steven Jackson...?!

I ended up keeping Rivers, Jackson, White, and Colston.

We had our auction yesterday and my team now looks like this:

QB: Rivers, Bradford (big risk)

HB: Jackson, Spiller, Wells, Jones, Kevin Smith

WR: White, Colston, Bowe, Mason

TE: Owen Daniels

K: Lindell

D: Bengals

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D, and six times a year we can play 3 WR and 0 TE which should help me out.

What??? You wouldn't keep Steven Jackson...?!

I ended up keeping Rivers, Jackson, White, and Colston.

We had our auction yesterday and my team now looks like this:

QB: Rivers, Bradford (big risk)

HB: Jackson, Spiller, Wells, Jones, Kevin Smith

WR: White, Colston, Bowe, Mason

TE: Owen Daniels

K: Lindell

D: Bengals

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D, and six times a year we can play 3 WR and 0 TE which should help me out.

I think I was thinking in terms of keepers for next season. Not sure why but yes of course Jackson. duh. Not thrilled with him long term though. I kinda don't care for Colston so much because it seems that Brees has just too many weapons to choose from. Even more than Peyton. Also don't care much for him because I owned him two seasons ago and lost by ONE point on a weekend because Colston got ZERO points. Freakin ZERO how does that happen?? When I saw that I assumed that he got injured that game but no. Anyway, I've resented him ever since and would never consider drafting him let alone keeping.

Edited by Dante

Also don't care much for him because I owned him two seasons ago and lost by ONE point on a weekend because Colston got ZERO points. Freakin ZERO how does that happen?? When I saw that I assumed that he got injured that game but no. Anyway, I've resented him ever since and would never consider drafting him let alone keeping.

I can relate... In a game last season, Colston was tackled 6" short of the endzone (after a replay)... And I was playing a guy who was undefeated. On the next play, Brees threw to Shockey, who was the tight end on my opponent's team. 12 point swing.

I ended up being the 2nd seed instead of the 1st seed. And if Colston had gotten that extra 6" (or if ANYBODY other than Shockey had scored), I would've actually won the Superbowl last season and made a nice pile of cash. Instead, I won my division ($50), but that's it... :(

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.