The OLine isn't that good people!

stevestojan

I think the line has gotten better, as the team as a whole has gotten better. There are still gaps here and there, but all in all every aspect of the Bills game has picked up.

I'm with the "review the games" crowd, Steve. If you watch the line play over the last month it looks like a different team out there than the one that started 0-4. WM has all the tools one would want in a RB, no question, but there have also been blitzes picked up by the front five when he's gone into the pattern.

Bledsoe has also somehow learned to move his feet, albeit slowly, and actually release the ball more effectively. The combo of the two (even when he throws it to the other team) has helped him to help his line protect him.

Yes, it could be better, but a really effective O-line needs to play and practice with each other to develop their own intuitive sense of what's happening each play. They are several steps above where they started. No Pro-Bowlers, but a fairly solid B-level unit at this point. Maybe a little more durability can be picked up in the FA market, but there's a foundation to build on. Not in defense of Travis, but just an observation-if he were a hundred percent his numbers might not look too bad right now with this line. Yes, WMs bounce off TD was heads up, but I've also seen him have some nice running lanes to spurt through. Don't forget the contribution Shelton is making. He's a player.

I will indeed. I know you're not trying to be an ass, but from the 4 games i did see him play, it was like night and day on blitz pickup. But I will watch at least one game when I go home for xmas... but the only thing its going to show me is really how good mcgahee is, i fear.

:lol:

143285[/snapback]

1438 and 4.4

&

1356 and 4.1

Those are 2003 and 2002 Rushing Yards and YPC #'s for Travis behind what we all will agree was a terrible line, please don't question what Travis can do behind a bad line or that he could have benefited from Mouse McNally as well...BTW Willis is currently averaging 3.8 YPC....

1438 and 4.4

&

1356 and 4.1

Those are 2003 and 2002 Rushing Yards and YPC #'s for Travis behind what we all will agree was a terrible line, please don't question what Travis can do behind a bad line or that he could have benefited from Mouse McNally as well...BTW Willis is currently averaging 3.8 YPC....

143303[/snapback]

Travis can't block. Willis can and it makes a huge difference in this offense. B)

1438 and 4.4

&

1356 and 4.1

143303[/snapback]

I think your point is lost. Travis might be dumb as dirt sometimes, but I hope they are both with the Bills next year. Probably won't happen, but it would be nice.