Bills/Colts Review

clayboy54

After the drive back to Fort Wayne, here are my comments from tonights game.

1. Mike Williams and Chris Villarial aren't clicking at all. When one zigs the other zags. Big trouble. Smith & Sullivan looked like Pro Bowlers in comparison. All this, primarily on running plays. Pass protection wasn't as bad as I honestly expected. Sully did get beat badly once. Smith lost his shoe and Tucker wasn't ready to come in, so they had to burn a timeout. Mularkey gave him an earful, bigtime.

2. In an effort to get a pass rush, the LBs are coming so frequently that if a back breaks containment or gets past the first line of defense, its a long gainer. Yes, the pressure was good all night, but the cost for that pressure is quite few long runs and short passes going for 20-30 yards. I don't know if I like this better than no pass rush at all.

3. Willis McGahee is not ready for prime time. He hits the holes and runs with power, but has no speed or burst. None at all. Not a bit. Plus, he put the ball on the carpet once. Kiss my a$$ Rosenhaus. Shaud Williams is a better runner right now.

4. Goodbye Travis Brown. That injury looked bad, real bad. I haven't seen a leg bend that way since Joe Theisman did it. I was in row 9. Ouch. (it hurt me, it looked so bad. Anyhow, Flutie could've gotten the ball further than Travis did on that long ball INT.

5. On that blocked punt, it wasn't anybody's fault on the field. Too bad the guy who was supposed to be in there was watching the implants on the cheerleaders. Of course, somebody should've noticed and called time out.

6. What happened to Coy Wire's tackling??? He can still hit, and he's around the ball, but he can't tackle to save his life. Two plays later he makes the pick. With Malloy out, maybe he makes the team. Otherwise, hit the road.

7. Both teams looked tired. I guess that's what you get on the last week of camp. Bledsoe looked as good or better than Manning all 3 quarters they played. If we would have had Henry in there we would've moved the chains more.

8. Few penalties... a great thing. Bledsoe's pick was clearly Shaw's fault. He cut the route off short as Bledsoe led him upfield. Bad read by the wideout.

Has anybody seen Lee Evans? Somebody out there wore his shirt, but whoever that was, he isn't ready for the NFL.

9. Once again I am reminded how great the Ralph is. Let me tell you, the RCA Dome sucks. So do the fans that sat near me. Those that had a brain didn't have any class and those without... please wipe up your drool. Anyhow, I had a heluva time fitting my ass between the cupholders on those god-awful theatre seats. $79 friggin dollars apiece for a piece of crap seat.

That is all for tonight.

Thanks for the first hand report.

If last year did not burn us fans badly enough (regarding high expectation), this game will at least dim the hopes of a few optimists.

Like me, I guess. Boy, this really sucks to be hit like this before the season even starts.

Another nice report! :doh:

After the drive back to Fort Wayne
Fort Wayne rocks! Better party town than Indy. :doh:

Mike Williams and Chris Villarial aren't clicking at all.  When one zigs the other zags.  Big trouble.
First Pucillo, now Chris V. When is MW gonna finally get some help from his left side? :)

Willis McGahee is not ready for prime time.  He hits the holes and runs with power, but has no speed or burst.  None at all.  Not a bit.  Plus, he put the ball on the carpet once. 
I don't think the fumble was all his fault.

What happened to Coy Wire's tackling???  He can still hit, and he's around the ball, but he can't tackle to save his life.  Two plays later he makes the pick.  With Malloy out, maybe he makes the team.  Otherwise, hit the road.
But he had a pick, WOW! :) Still, I think Prioleau starts if Lawyer isn't ready.

Few penalties... a great thing.

Agreed.