4 Bills players ranked in NFL.com's Top 200 fantasy rankings

QUOTE (PDaDdy @ Jun 25 2010, 11:03 AM) *

It's easy. He puts on the move. Makes himself available in a small window or burns his guys deep. Then the QB throws him the ball....OH....ya....right...the QB can't throw him the ball deep or into tight windows. *sigh* wallbash.gif MORONS!!!

You must not have done to well in reading comprehension in school. I said "OR". It was a simple answer to a dumb statement someone made regarding an inability for Lee to beat double coverage. I have seen him beat double coverage. I have also seen Trent not throw him the ball!!!!!! Keep swinging from Trents' man parts. He is obviously the answer and the next Jim Kelly. Now if we could only get him some better receivers than Lee Evans and TO!!!!

ROFLOL

Lee can't constantly beat double coverage like a #1 WR should be able to. You mentioned Steve Smith, IMO Smith is one of the best, short WR's in the game. But look at Smith compared to Evans, Smith's arm's are about twice the size of Evans. Evans is not physical enough to consistently outleap and outmuscle DB's and also consistently shed double coverage. IMO, Evans is a class act, a great #2 WR and I'm glad he's on the team.

Now, if this year, Evans has 80 catches and has over 1,000 yards receiving under Chan Gailey, then I will eat crow at the end of the season. Fair enough?! If he doesn't, then how long will you make up excuses for him?

Lee can't constantly beat double coverage like a #1 WR should be able to. You mentioned Steve Smith, IMO Smith is one of the best, short WR's in the game. But look at Smith compared to Evans, Smith's arm's are about twice the size of Evans. Evans is not physical enough to consistently outleap and outmuscle DB's and also consistently shed double coverage. IMO, Evans is a class act, a great #2 WR and I'm glad he's on the team.

Now, if this year, Evans has 80 catches and has over 1,000 yards receiving under Chan Gailey, then I will eat crow at the end of the season. Fair enough?! If he doesn't, then how long will you make up excuses for him?

I think we have gotten to the heart of the problem. No WR constantly beats double coverage. NONE. Another thing. Beating double coverage is not just about out jumping or out muscling DBs. That is only 2 ways of many. If that is you criteria for a #1 WR we disagree on the definition. By that criteria almost every athletic TE in the league is actually a #1 WR. Would you say that since Larry Fitzgerald can't consistently "out run" double coverage that he is not a #1 WR? No of course not. Outrunning double coverage is only one way to beat it.

If Lee Evans gets 80 catches and has over 1000 yards with the bums we have at QB I will nominate him into the hall of fame. I really am at a loss for explanation to people that don't understand that a WR can't throw himself the ball. Did Steve Smith put up those numbers in Carolina last year with a crappy QB????? NO he didn't. Is Steve Smith no longer a #1 in your eyes now because his QB sucked? Steve Smith is a great example which is why I always bring him up. He is a great example of how good vs bad QB play from the same QB can make a guy look good or bad.

Another thing about the supposed size difference between Steve Smith and Lee Evans. Steve Smith has some big guns on him but Lee Evans is ACTUALLY BIGGER THAN STEVE SMITH. Info from www.nfl.com below:

Steve Smith | #89 | WR

Carolina Panthers | Official Team Site

Height: 5-9 Weight: 185 Age: 31

Lee Evans | #83 | WR

Buffalo Bills | Official Team Site

Height: 5-10 Weight: 197 Age: 29

I think we have gotten to the heart of the problem. No WR constantly beats double coverage. NONE. Another thing. Beating double coverage is not just about out jumping or out muscling DBs. That is only 2 ways of many. We could say that Larry Fitzgerald can't consistently out run DBs so he is not a #1 WR? No. That would be dumb too.

If Lee Evans gets 80 catches and has over 1000 yards with the bums we have at QB I will nominate him into the hall of fame. I really am at a loss for explanation to people that don't understand that a WR can't throw himself the ball. Did Steve Smith put up those numbers in Carolina last year with a crappy QB????? NO he didn't. Is Steve Smith no longer a #1 in your eyes now because he QB suckled?

Another thing about the supposed size difference between Steve Smith and Lee Evans. Lee Evans is ACTUALLY BIGGER THAN STEVE SMITH. Info from www.nfl.com below:

Steve Smith | #89 | WR

Lee Evans | #83 | WR

Just like the WR can't throw the ball to himself, the QB can't make the WR get open.

I think we have gotten to the heart of the problem. No WR constantly beats double coverage. NONE. Another thing. Beating double coverage is not just about out jumping or out muscling DBs. That is only 2 ways of many. We could say that Larry Fitzgerald can't consistently out run DBs so he is not a #1 WR? No. That would be dumb too.

If Lee Evans gets 80 catches and has over 1000 yards with the bums we have at QB I will nominate him into the hall of fame. I really am at a loss for explanation to people that don't understand that a WR can't throw himself the ball. Did Steve Smith put up those numbers in Carolina last year with a crappy QB????? NO he didn't. Is Steve Smith no longer a #1 in your eyes now because he QB suckled?

Another thing about the supposed size difference between Steve Smith and Lee Evans. Lee Evans is ACTUALLY BIGGER THAN STEVE SMITH. Info from www.nfl.com below:

Steve Smith | #89 | WR

Lee Evans | #83 | WR

So, the Bills QB's are suppose to throw to Evans, regardless if he's double covered and can't get open? That makes a lot of sense :thumbsup:

So, the Bills QB's are suppose to throw to Evans, regardless if he's double covered and can't get open? That makes a lot of sense :thumbsup:

Who said that? That's pretty dumb. The QB is supposed to throw the ball when the WR IS OPEN!!!! Evans DOES get open. Do I need to look up my quote from Jim Kelly about EXACTLY that?!?!?!!?? :lol:

Who said that? That's pretty dumb. The QB is supposed to throw the ball when the WR IS OPEN!!!! Evans DOES get open. Do I need to look up my quote from Jim Kelly about EXACTLY that?!?!?!!?? :thumbsup:

Since you're so hell bent on 'Evans getting open and not getting the ball', tell us then, how many times has this happened? Exact numbers, not an exaggeration.

Since you're so hell bent on 'Evans getting open and not getting the ball', tell us then, how many times has this happened? Exact numbers, not an exaggeration.

Instead of arguing back & forth about the QB situation, receivers not getting the ball, receivers not getting open...etc, let's just wait until the regular season and take this subject up then. We all know how horrible the offense was under jauron, so let's see what the offense does under Gailey, who is a better offensive coach.

Dumb request. Like I'm going to scour 16 weeks of game footage to give you a number. I have a great idea. HOW ABOUT YOU JUST WATCH THAT GAMES LIKE I DO. Then you'll see :thumbsup:

Instead of arguing back & forth about the QB situation, receivers not getting the ball, receivers not getting open...etc, let's just wait until the regular season and take this subject up then. We all know how horrible the offense was under jauron, so let's see what the offense does under Gailey, who is a better offensive coach.

Other than ignoring all of the good points, examples and analogies I gave you this is a good idea!! Even if it is Trent "Noodle Arm, No Balls" Edwards at the helm I hope the team does well. We should be able to see how this plays out in the future although I am confident of how it played out in the past.

Dumb request. Like I'm going to scour 16 weeks of game footage to give you a number. I have a great idea. HOW ABOUT YOU JUST WATCH THAT GAMES LIKE I DO. Then you'll see :thumbsup:

The reason why you can't give any type of stats on your theory is because you can't. You mean to tell me every good QB in the league always throws to their #1 WR every single time they are open? Stop making up excuses for Evans, he's a #2 WR at best.

Other than ignoring all of the good points, examples and analogies I gave you this is a good idea!! Even if it is Trent "Noodle Arm, No Balls" Edwards at the helm I hope the team does well. We should be able to see how this plays out in the future although I am confident of how it played out in the past.

You bring up some good points. IMO, the last coach that knew how to really use Evans effectively was Mularkey (not that I'm saying Mularkey was a good HC). Mularkey had Evans lined up all over the field to get him open. With Jauron, Evans was primarily lined up on the outside. When Losman was demoted (hence, deepball to Evans was gone), Evans numbers went down.

That's why I'm interested to see what Gailey can do with Evans and the rest of our WR's. I'm hoping Brohm pans out, because he throws a nice deep ball (not to get on the wobbler subject).

Well fortunately fantasy football doesn't mean **** in the real world or you would have a point. Fantasy football is based on individual statistical production ONLY. WR fantasy football rankings are also in LARGE part related to the QB throwing the rock. Find me a WR that can throw the ball to himself and I will agree that fantasy football rankings are as relevant as the real NFL rankings.

Go back to playing Madden kid!!

Always always check the MADDEN ratings!!!

So, let's see ... our offensive philosophy the last couple of years is to throw 5 yard passes when we need 8 yards to get a first down and never ever think about downfield because then you might be trying to win the game rather than playing not to lose.

The Fantasy ratings just like Madden are only as good as the prior year's performance, which many times is dictated not by the player but by the offensive coaching staff's play calling. There is no way Evans could have been ranked any higher beccause under Dick's strategy there were games when Evans wasn't even looked at because down field passes were not part of the game plan. I can recall several games where commentators asked each other why the Bills didn't look to Evans who was open ... of course we can blame the QB's too if they were making the decisions on the primary receivers and the O-Line for not giving the protection.

In my FL this year, I would be happy if Evans ends up as one of my wide-outs.