Bengals will decide our fate!

On my way to work, I was speaking to Floemoe a regular poster on TSW. In our opinion, our only chance of catching the Ravens for the last playoff spot rests with them choking to Cincinnati on Sunday. If they do not, they will end up 10 -6 and have all tie breakers with the Bills. We are also not catching the Jets. I was so excited with the thought of a playoff run, now I am kinda sad.

According to what Bills/Sabresfan and I figured out was that the Ravens, who are 7-4 right now, have games remaining against Cincy this week, the Giants, Colts, Steelers and Fins. If they beat CIncy, Giants and Fins, they are probably in and the Bills out of the playoffs. The point is, we really need to beat Miami, which is obvious, but also need Cincy to win considering that the Jets probably will take one of the two wild card spots unless they meltdown completely. An upset by Arizona really would have helped last week! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Dennis Green for using Shawn King!!

Mr Bear,

I am the biggest Buffalo homer. Beside my wife and child, the Bills are my greatest hobby. Even I know, the Giants have no prayer of pulling the upset.  I like your optimism, but it is not going to happen!!!!

142355[/snapback]

For starters, they don't HAVE to lose to the Giants, it is just another team that it would be great if they lost to.

Second, yes the Giants have a chance to win that game. If Eli can put together a good game, it certainly possible. Likely, no, but I think there is a better chance of it than you may think.

Baltimore's offense is horrible. Their defense keeps them in games, but that won't keep you in every game. All the Giants, or anyone else, has to do is play safe ball on offense and let their defense step up.

Wouldn't be a huge upset.

BTW, this has nothing to do with being a homer. I have said many times I don't think the Bills have a chance in hell for the playoffs. I may still be rooting for it to happen, but I don't expect it to.

That damn 4th-and-forever play against the Jags will haunt us all offseason - and I knew it walking out of the Ralph that day.

142364[/snapback]

I think all Bills fans that were there and that watched that game on TV realized that, that one single play would probably haunt us all season long. As I walked to the parking lot that afternoon, I was talking with a friend of mine and we both said at the same time, that loss, that one play, being to an AFC opponent will come back to bite us in the ass all season long. Here we are 10 weeks later and every day on this board, that single play gets mentioned more than any other play all year.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Clements for not just knocking it down instead of trying to showboat!!

Guest Guest_billsfaninfla_*

Jets could easily have a melt down hope they lose 3 afc games I for one just want the bills to keep winning and maybe the football gods will smile on us

Jets could easily have a melt down hope they lose 3 afc games I for one just want the bills to keep winning and maybe the football gods will smile on us

142372[/snapback]

We might need an AMEN for that. Can we get an AMEN?

AMEN!!

:P

No, no, no. You got it all wrong.

THE BILLS, AND ONLY THE BILLS, WILL DECIDE THEIR FATE.

Either the Bills "Bring it" these last 5 games or they schedule their "tee times".

They must decide between the two... "playoffs" or "tee times".? Which do they want more? This is what it comes down to.

For starters, they don't HAVE to lose to the Giants, it is just another team that it would be great if they lost to.

Second, yes the Giants have a chance to win that game.  If Eli can put together a good game, it certainly possible.  Likely, no, but I think there is a better chance of it than you may think.

Baltimore's offense is horrible.  Their defense keeps them in games, but that won't keep you in every game.  All the Giants, or anyone else, has to do is play safe ball on offense and let their defense step up.

Wouldn't be a huge upset.

BTW, this has nothing to do with being a homer.  I have said many times I don't think the Bills have a chance in hell for the playoffs.  I may still be rooting for it to happen, but I don't expect it to.

142358[/snapback]

Unfortunately, there are some bright spots on Baltimore's offense, beginning with its offensive line. Add to that one of the better running games in the league, and a top tight end in the form of Todd Heap. Kyle Boller has been improving as the year has gone on. In order to win, a team like NY needs to control the clock. Otherwise, Baltimore's running game will gradually wear down NY's defense.

Unfortunately, there are some bright spots on Baltimore's offense, beginning with its offensive line. Add to that one of the better running games in the league, and a top tight end in the form of Todd Heap. Kyle Boller has been improving as the year has gone on. In order to win, a team like NY needs to control the clock. Otherwise, Baltimore's running game will gradually wear down NY's defense.

145944[/snapback]

Any other year I would agree with all that, but Lewis has nagging injuries that are slowing him down. Last I heard they were planning on splitting carries this weekend. He is still dangerous, but he's not what he was last year.

Also, Todd Heap has been out pretty much the whole season, and I wouldn't expect much of him when he comes back. He has a back problem, and that isn't something easy to get over when you are a big target that likes to catch the ball in traffic.

Baltimore is good, but I don't think it's impossible for the Giants to win if they play smart ball.

On my way to work, I was speaking to Floemoe a regular poster on TSW. In our opinion, our only chance of catching the Ravens for the last playoff spot rests with them choking to Cincinnati on Sunday. If they do not, they will end up 10 -6 and have all tie breakers with the Bills. We are also not catching the Jets. I was so excited with the thought of a playoff run, now I am kinda sad.

142343[/snapback]

Lets just win our games. A 10-6 record is still a good accomplishment, and next year's expectations will be soaring.

I think all Bills fans that were there and that watched that game on TV realized that, that one single play would probably haunt us all season long. As I walked to the parking lot that afternoon, I was talking with a friend of mine and we both said at the same time, that loss, that one play, being to an AFC opponent will come back to bite us in the ass all season long. Here we are 10 weeks later and every day on this board, that single play gets mentioned more than any other play all year.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Clements for not just knocking it down instead of trying to showboat!!

142370[/snapback]

Sorry, guy but alot of players deserve the blame!

He wasn't the only one that allowed 3 straight 4th down conversions on that last drive. :doh:

That was a complete and total team disaster. The Jags were overrated then and still are.

Sorry, guy but alot of players deserve the blame! 

He wasn't the only one that allowed 3 straight 4th down conversions on that last drive.    :doh:

That was a complete and total team disaster.  The Jags were overrated then and still are.

146145[/snapback]

The Jaguars are not an overrated team. They are a young up and coming team.