Terrell Troup

I wish they wouldn't have shot off their mouth before the draft, and not announced to 31 other teams that they were going to a 3-4 and were in the market for a NT. Same with the "scatback' pap...grrr. :thumbsup:

Even the idiot Candy Stripers by the Ohio River realized the value of keeping one's trap shut...

"Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer hasn't decided yet if he's going to show more 3-4 looks out of his base 4-3 this year than in his two previous seasons in Cincinnati. He's not showing his cards. Just to keep foes guessing, he has simplified the scheme and given more players more roles just in case the Bengals do use more 3-4."...

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/New-...93-15d29dc0acf7

The Jets kicked the Bengals' asses in Cincinnati in the playoffs last year, and Rex Ryan could care less about who knew that his defense was a base 3-4 or not. In fact, every team announced what their base defense is, (other then the Bengals, I guess), in order to sign the right kinds of free agents every off season. Andra Davis knew the Bills were going base 3-4 and I'm sure that played into him signing on with Buffalo. Your point about Mike "sneaky" Zimmer is basically senseless, because even in the quote you provided, it announces that his base is 4-3.

I love the whole mentality that somebody needs to be 330 to play DT in a 3-4. Kelly Gregg is a fine nose in Baltimore and he's 6'0" 305. Jay Ratliff in Dallas isn't that big, he's about 305. Its about the mentality.

Sorry, there really is a reason you do not see a slew of undersized NT in the league.

Kelly Gregg is such a fine nose in Baltimore, the Ravens drafted Cody.

And can we stop with the Kyle Williams - Jay Ratliff comparisons? One, ONE undersized NT that is playing well does not mean Kyle will be the same or better.

Ratliff is the exception, not the standard.

There is not a player in the league who will outwork Kyle Williams. Troup will be an important rotational piece, no doubt. But, Williams will surprise me if he doesn't hold it down in the middle. All this guy has done since he was drafted was prove people wrong.

The Bills run defense last year ranked 30th in the league, and gave up 4.7 yards a crack.

That's with Kyle Williams.

I like Kyle Williams. But if he's the starting NT, expect more of the same.

The Bills run defense last year ranked 30th in the league, and gave up 4.7 yards a crack.

That's with Kyle Williams.

I like Kyle Williams. But if he's the starting NT, expect more of the same.

At the end of the day this is the bottom line. KW is a good player with heart and energy. But he's not going to line up and push two guys bigger than he is into the backfield 40 times a game. If the Bills thought so they wouldn't have burned a #2 on Troup. KW will be great on third downs but Troup has to perform from day one for us to have a chance at stopping the run. That said, a front three rotation of Troup, KW, Carrington, Edwards and Stroud looks damn promising.

y'know, most of the players we've got now, especially the younger ones, talk about working hard, and paying their dues, etc. i like that, but there's one notable exception to the rule, and it's actually on the positive side.

who remembers the rookie video(it's gone now), where Troup was talking, with a big nasty grin, and saying "we GET to have another practice before we're done this week"? not we HAVE to practice, like it was a chore, but "yeah... let's go, baby.. more, more, MORE!" <- that's why he'll learn the D quickly, and pick up far more technique before the season than anyone else would have. then he'll apply it with enthusiasm once the season begins. i think that THIS is why he won out over any other possible 2nd draft pick, and i like it.

combine this with Kyle, who has one speed: GO.. and we've got 2 guys in the middle that just might get something done.

obviously, they'll need help from the ends, and who knows if Stroud can still play after last year. but that's why we added Dwan and Carrington. the D line has to be a rotation of capable personnel. that way, you don't depend on one "star" playing the whole game- they really can't anyway.

we won't really know what we have for a few months. meanwhile, we can look forward to it, or cry like 2-yr-olds about what MIGHT go wrong.

... made my choice !

~AS

Lots of opinions on Mr. Troup...

Who here has seen him play???

Just sayin... <_<:thumbsup:

I have seen him, as I am in FL, and my buddy is a die hard UCF fan (crazy but true) and he says he is one of the bet players he has ever seen.

I have seen him, as I am in FL, and my buddy is a die hard UCF fan (crazy but true) and he says he is one of the bet players he has ever seen.

he looks like Predator raped a cabbage patch doll, that being said i still like him. :thumbsup:

I, I don't care if they, if they lay me off either, because I, I told Bill that if he moves my desk one more time, then, then I'm quitting. I'm going to quit. And I told Dom too because they've moved my desk four times. I used to be by the window, where I could see the squirrels and they were merry. But then they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline. They have my staples for the Boston and I kept the staples from the Swingline stapler.

Umm .. Yeaaahhhh.....We're just going to go ahead and have you move into the basement....and yeahhhh I'll just go ahead and take my stapler back.