Capturing old analog video to digital

damj

Has anyone captured analog video to digital? I want to capture my old 8mm tapes and I'm looking for recommendations on capture devices.

I have a couple of old USB capture devices, so I know how it works, but the quality they produce isn't that hot.

I've googled it, but can't find any good reviews on the different devices out there.

I have USB 2.0 and firewire.

Thx

Canopus makes a few. I have an ADVC 200 which gives bidirectional conversion. Their 100 is a one-way converter. Works fine on PC or Mac. Synchs the voice and video very well.

Cool ... thanks ... I'll look into it. Does it / have you captured full length videos (ie; 2 hours)?

Cool ... thanks ... I'll look into it. Does it / have you captured full length videos (ie; 2 hours)?

It's simply a piece of electronic equipment that converts the signal from analog to digital.

Your software editing will control the session length and other parameters.

As far as the fact that you have unlimited storage - you can keep that puppy going for days. :thumbsup:

It's simply a piece of electronic equipment that converts the signal from analog to digital.

Your software editing will control the session length and other parameters.

As far as the fact that you have unlimited storage - you can keep that puppy going for days. :thumbsup:

With 1.5 TB in my desktop and 1.5 TB of external storage I have lots of room