Coming from out of town to a game.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you're looking for a Steak and Cheese or Chicken Finger Sub then no Wegmans is not the place to go, but if you want a great cold cut sub or wrap Wegmans is definitely at the top of the list IMO.

The Frito's Corn Chips at Wegman's are to die for!

The whole cookout/grilling experience is a ritual which I've participated in dozens of times. I was usually the one to organize the whole deal. We used to be the kind of idiots that would show up at 7 am to get the fire going start downing cold lagers. Lots of fun when you're young and there's a big group to party with. It's a wonderfully communal thing, with different folks bringing their own specialties for the barbeque, salads, breads, etc. It's inevitable someone will forget the knife, napkins, or charcoal lighter fluid.

On the other hand, as I've gotten longer in the tooth and the old gang has dispersed, it's usually me and a few friends these days - if I go at all. The comforts of home and HD are making it more and more difficult to want to deal with the stadium jackasses who will no doubt be sitting directly behind or in front of me (or both) on game day.

In the past I would have screamed "blasphemy" to Promo's suggestion of dependence on supermarket fare, but I'm more inclined to simplify these days. If someone else wants to be be in charge of all the logisitics, equipment, and bother of the big barbeque, I'll bring my weiners and buns to join in. But if it's just me and my bro and the wives, some pre-made subs and some chips doesnt sound like a bad option.

I love Wegman's, but if I want a good Buffalo-style sub, I'd opt for the sausage/cappicola Royalé, the Italian, or da steak & cheese from a local sub shop that serves 'em on toasted Costanzo rolls.

Just wanted to know if anyone could give me information if I were to visit from out of town for a game. I've been a Bills fan all my life and never been to a game (shameful, I know) and I want to finally go to one this year. Do you have any informaiton on hotels, tailgating, or just simply what to do in the area for the weekend? It doens't sound like there's much to do but I figure you all would know best. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Ever hear of Niagara Falls? You should check it out!!