Chargers sign LT Tra Thomas

It almost goes without saying that Buddy Nix was instrumental in drafting McNeill.
It almost goes without saying in what sense?

In the sense that we have no idea whether or not it was true, and therefore it should not be said? Because if that's what you meant, you're right on.

For all we know, Nix was frantically arguing against McNeill in the draft room.

Neither you know or I know how Nix felt about the Chargers drafting McNeill in the 2nd round 4 years ago.

So how bout we stick with what we do know?

Nix was the Assistant General Manager and Director of College Scouting for the Chargers.

Nix specifically scouted the SEC.

McNeill played at Auburn.

Auburn is in the SEC.

So in light of all this, what are the chances that I am wrong and that maybe AJ Smith overruled strenuous objections from Nix in order to draft McNeill?

What do you think happened in that war room on the day that McNeill was drafted?

Geez, Thurman. You attack me…I defend myself…and you disappear.

Then you state that the Bills "pleaded with Schobel to return" when it's more likely that they simply left the door open for him.

If you're not willing to finish something you started, then don't start it.

Have some honor. You have three options.

You could support your argument…or admit that you were wrong. Or you could slink away. But if you try to slink away, I'll call you on it. I won't be the victim of hit and runs.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesn't the amount of the tender decrease if a player doesn't sign it before the June 15 deadline? I thought I read it somewhere that its something that automatically happens.

AP,

From reading this piece (and Florio is a lawyer), the amount of the tender does not automatically go down after June 15th.

It's a team decision.

So a lot of these teams are really starting to play hardball.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...uction-letters/