Phil Simms thinks Buffalo will be horrible

valle7878

It's ok... it's just a preseason game. I bet the NE fans were saying the same thing after their week one thrashing a year ago. Let's focus on the positive. I saw an improvement in Drew this week. Tonight it looked like he counted to 4 and then threw it to a TE. If he can keep hitting those short passes to the tight ends, then the running game will open up.

Phil simms said it today on the telecast that he thinks buffalo will be no better then 6-10.  I don't know abou tthis Offensive line we suck!!!!!!!!!!    The team sucks!!!  Donahoe go out and get offensive line men fast.

10578[/snapback]

I respect Phill as he one of the brighter announcers but I still think our defense is as good/if not better then last years (of course if Milloy is out for a serious amount of time that might bring us down a notch or two). You have to think the offense has to improve as there's no way I see Drew repeating a 11 TD season, if Moulds can stay healthy he should have at least 15-20 which could bring us to 8-8. If the O-line can come together 10-6 is still realistic.

I agree with Phil. Our K, QB, and OL situations are flat out scary and could easily cost us 10 games this season. What a shame considering how talented the rest of this team is and how big of an upgrade the new coaching staff will probably be.

When TD gets fired no later than 2 seasons from now, we will look back at his demise and clearly see where he went wrong:

1. Hiring GW (obvious)

2. Trading for Bledsoe (aside from boosting ticket sales and his first 8 games as a Bill, have we benefited at ALL by having him???)

3. Lack of respect for the offensive line positions (especially the interior...you can't just take any random tackle and make him a solid NFL guard/center)

4. Lack of respect for the kicking game (there are the occasional moments in an NFL GM's tenure where he needs to just open up the checkbook and overpay...Hollis didn't have the most powerful leg in football, but at least you didn't have to hold your breath whenever he made a kick of less than 45yds)

I thought 7-9, and I beginning to think that's what it's going to be. Face it folks, our OL has been a problem for a number of years now. I remember Flutie making our OL look good. But realistically, our OL hasn't been solid for 9 years.

And I thought my night couldn't get any worse. I did a big favor for a friend and ended up out till 5AM (TOTALLY SOBER) then come home to fine out we lost. Ok preseason no big deal. Then I see Brown went down. Not good. It kind of magnifies the Loss of Losman (no pun intended.).........

Phil simms said it today on the telecast that he thinks buffalo will be no better then 6-10.  I don't know abou tthis Offensive line we suck!!!!!!!!!!    The team sucks!!!  Donahoe go out and get offensive line men fast.

10578[/snapback]

hey phil :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Scandanavian, Norweigen, Dutch, Sweedish, Albino.....ahh, what the hell!!! 

to tell a family secret, my grandmother is dutch.

Anyways, simms is smoking crack. this team will make the playoffs, even with the backup holder injured.

I agree with Phil. Our K, QB, and OL situations are flat out scary and could easily cost us 10 games this season. What a shame considering how talented the rest of this team is and how big of an upgrade the new coaching staff will probably be.

When TD gets fired no later than 2 seasons from now, we will look back at his demise and clearly see where he went wrong:

1. Hiring GW (obvious)

2. Trading for Bledsoe (aside from boosting ticket sales and his first 8 games as a Bill, have we benefited at ALL by having him???)

3. Lack of respect for the offensive line positions (especially the interior...you can't just take any random tackle and make him a solid NFL guard/center)

4. Lack of respect for the kicking game (there are the occasional moments in an NFL GM's tenure where he needs to just open up the checkbook and overpay...Hollis didn't have the most powerful leg in football, but at least you didn't have to hold your breath whenever he made a kick of less than 45yds)

10594[/snapback]

Number 3 is by far the most important and would get him fired by the end of THIS SEASON in a normal gig. The Bills GM position is not normal due the fact the Bills owner has degenerated into a doddering old fool. The new owner(s) will have to get rid of Donahoe. If he ever had it, he's lost it by paying absolutely no attention to the OL. Without a stellar OL, even the DB acquiisition makes no sense.

If Bledsoe stays healthly, we're looking at 6 - 10. If he gets injured, subtract from there.

The Bills GM position is not normal due the fact the Bills owner has degenerated into a dowdering old fool.

bingo. we have a winner. I really hate to say it, but "it's" coming sooner rather than later. This is why TD needs to be more proactive with shoring up this team. To save his job after "it" happens.

Cant predict an outcome based on a preseason game. I for one feel the bills will be in playoff contention. Why would any offensive coordinator want to show all the gimmics during a preseason game.

IT'S JUST PRESEASON FOLKS. EASE UP.