PAC-10 to invite 6 from Big 12

Cynical

Saw this story linked on another board:

Story is located in the Texas section of rivals (a/k/a orangebloods.com) and dated June 3, 2010.

Linky

"Because it appears the Pac-10, which has its meetings in San Francisco starting this weekend, is prepared to make a bold move and invite Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Colorado to join its league, according to multiple sources close to the situation."

Saw this story linked on another board:

Story is located in the Texas section of rivals (a/k/a orangebloods.com) and dated June 3, 2010.

Linky

This would probly be the end of the Big 12 if it goes down. I don't think I like that. I like the regional flavor of college football. Texas,Oklahoma,Nebraska,etc.,need to have their own conference,imo.

This would probly be the end of the Big 12 if it goes down. I don't think I like that. I like the regional flavor of college football. Texas,Oklahoma,Nebraska,etc.,need to have their own conference,imo.

I hate it. This race to build these mega-conferences is going to hurt college football.

Strictly rumors (no source), but being talked about on a Bama board:

Texas A&M split about going to the PAC-16.

Some want to continue the close ties to Texas, while others want out, citing the move to the PAC does nothing to help them, as the new revenue deal for the PAC would still favor Texas and others.

Apparently, it has been confirmed (again, based on a rumor on a Internet message board, fwiw) that the SEC has contacted Texas A&M about joining the conference, and there is some serious interest.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.