Coach Gailey on 97 Rock this morning

http://97rock.com/Article.asp?id=1828751&spid=21996

It's about 7:30 minutes and as we've come to find out about Coach, it's that he's very business-like. He's not a fancy guy.

You might be able to go directly to the audio from here: http://rope.wgrf-fm.fimc.net/Norton_Interv...chan_060410.mp3

Not sure.

http://97rock.com/Article.asp?id=1828751&spid=21996

It's about 7:30 minutes and as we've come to find out about Coach, it's that he's very business-like. He's not a fancy guy.

You might be able to go directly to the audio from here: http://rope.wgrf-fm.fimc.net/Norton_Interv...chan_060410.mp3

Not sure.

Was just gonna post the direct link too. Good interview.

The second link took me directly to the interview. Here are some highlights;

The team is still working on basics. The players seem to like the new schemes. He still hasn't figured out all of the ways he can use the RB's. His whole family flew in recently and they toured Buffalo together. The practice on Saturday is just going to be a regular practice with the team working on the basics still. If somebody taped the practice and put it up on the internet there wouldn't be anything to help out opponents.

I guess some of the players have said that his practices are a lot harder than they're used to and this was Gailey's response.

"If you don't expect greatness, you'll never get greatness. If you don't demand toughness and expect toughness, you'll never get toughness." - Chan Gailey

Every time this guy opens his mouth I like him more! :ph34r:

I am so sick of this poser stealing Coach Jauron's best quotes.

:ph34r:

I thought Jauron said;

"If you don't expect mediocrity, you'll never get mediocrity. If you don't demand injuries and expect injuries, you'll never get injuries." - Dick Jauron

:ph34r:

I thought Jauron said;

"If you don't expect mediocrity, you'll never get mediocrity. If you don't demand injuries and expect injuries, you'll never get injuries." - Dick Jauron

The most famous quote by Jauron and the only one that really matters is "its hard to win in the NFL". Which is the dumbest quote of all time by the way because 50% of teams win every single week and 50% of the time is not a low percentage. What Jauron's quote should have been is "its hard for ME to win in the NFL".

On Chan, I said from day one that he was the BEST choice for coach for us. I liked him better than Cowher who is another Mike Ditka who only won because the whole franchise was solid all around him. Cowher should stay retired because he will never get another world championship anywhere else. He'll be like Ditka in New Orleans. And Shanahan is an offensive genius but not the best at running a draft and not the best at putting out a good defense. And all the hot offensive coordinators are a crap shoot as HCs. They could do well or terrible as HCs and we can't afford the time for the learning curves for them to develop.

It hasn't taken Gailey long to get the whole team behind him. I could care less if the national media thinks much of him because the national media is so uninterested in this team that they know a lot less than we do about the Bills. They think because we didn't draft Clausen or an LT in the first round we will go 3-13 this year. The national media are idiots concerning the Bills and are too busy to spend any time understanding what is happening with this team.

On Chan, I said from day one that he was the BEST choice for coach for us. I liked him better than Cowher who is another Mike Ditka who only won because the whole franchise was solid all around him. Cowher should stay retired because he will never get another world championship anywhere else. He'll be like Ditka in New Orleans. And Shanahan is an offensive genius but not the best at running a draft and not the best at putting out a good defense. And all the hot offensive coordinators are a crap shoot as HCs. They could do well or terrible as HCs and we can't afford the time for the learning curves for them to develop.

The Chan Gailey selection by Nix was a solid selection. What the Bills organization needed more than anything else after a decade of futility is consistent quality decision making. Gailey falls within that parameter. Donahoe was a failure because he wanted to show everyone else how brilliant he was with his outside the box draft selections and personnel decisions. This ego maniac got rid of good players associated with the prior regime because he wanted his own people.

The Levy/Jauron disaster can be attributed to the goofy owner who after being subjected to Donahoe's control freak style wanted someone who he felt comfortable with, namely the congenial Levy. Not being equipped to do the job wasn't much of a factor for the buffoon owner compared to working with the more pleasant and accommodating Levy.

What the erratic Bills needed more than anything else is someone who had a concept on how to build a winning franchise and a workmanlike approach to implementing the plan. Nix and Gailey are not star personalities, to put it kindly. They are very stolid. What the Bills need more than anything else is the front office making smart decisions to establish a long term foundation and quality coaching which gets the most out of the players who are acquired. Quick fixes and glitzy names are not long term solutions. Buddy Nix's hire of Chan Gailey was a good selection.

The Chan Gailey selection by Nix was a solid selection. What the Bills organization needed more than anything else after a decade of futility is consistent quality decision making. Gailey falls within that parameter. Donahoe was a failure because he wanted to show everyone else how brilliant he was with his outside the box draft selections and personnel decisions. This ego maniac got rid of good players associated with the prior regime because he wanted his own people.

The Levy/Jauron disaster can be attributed to the goofy owner who after being subjected to Donahoe's control freak style wanted someone who he felt comfortable with, namely the congenial Levy. Not being equipped to do the job wasn't much of a factor for the buffoon owner compared to working with the more pleasant and accommodating Levy.

What the erratic Bills needed more than anything else is someone who had a concept on how to build a winning franchise and a workmanlike approach to implementing the plan. Nix and Gailey are not star personalities, to put it kindly. They are very stolid. What the Bills need more than anything else is the front office making smart decisions to establish a long term foundation and quality coaching which gets the most out of the players who are acquired. Quick fixes and glitzy names are not long term solutions. Buddy Nix's hire of Chan Gailey was a good selection.

Let's hope you are correct.