Chris Kelsay speaks again....our new OLB

From Buffalo News article recently, Chris said: "They were talking about the transition to the 3-4 and how I wouldn't make the transition to stand-up outside linebacker," Kelsay said. "They're not the only ones who put me into that category or stereotype me in that way. I just use that as fuel to the fire. I feel like I've always been able to do what I put my mind to."

Yeah Kelsay sure does achieve his goals doesn't he? I mean how hard is it to "put your mind to" racking up about 3 whole sacks a season for 7 years?? And to think some media experts think he won't be able to transition to OLB? Just because he has zero quickness, has never played in space during his NFL career, and completely disapears for quarters at a time during any given game, why would anyone think he couldn't play outside linebacker?? I'm sure Chris can "put his mind to" missing at least 5 good one-on-one tackles against fast running backs around his end per game, and to continue his "pace" of 3 sacks per season, and to never being able to cover a back or tight end for more then one half of one second in pass coverage. And for all of those goals he will most certainly "attain", I'm sure the Bills will continue to pay him his 4 Million Dollars per season, right??

He is a liability. He is completely fooled by every single reverse or draw. I watch film on the bills and while Schobel is never fooled, Kelsay is fooled by offensive trickery 90% if the time. He gets off blocks well against the run, and is tall.

Maybin has no chance. We should admit we screwed up and get rid of them both in the most financially responsible way.

We all knew Losman was never going to develop. We all know Maybin sucks. Why cant the front office admit it?

Kelsay must be confusing actual achievement, with his HUGE contract.

I just don't see him playing OLB. On the rare occasion when he has made it it into the backfield, I've seen him

look like he was on roller skates trying to change direction. Hope I'm wrong.

:rolleyes:

From Buffalo News article recently, Chris said: "They were talking about the transition to the 3-4 and how I wouldn't make the transition to stand-up outside linebacker," Kelsay said. "They're not the only ones who put me into that category or stereotype me in that way. I just use that as fuel to the fire. I feel like I've always been able to do what I put my mind to."

Yeah Kelsay sure does achieve his goals doesn't he? I mean how hard is it to "put your mind to" racking up about 3 whole sacks a season for 7 years?? And to think some media experts think he won't be able to transition to OLB? Just because he has zero quickness, has never played in space during his NFL career, and completely disapears for quarters at a time during any given game, why would anyone think he couldn't play outside linebacker?? I'm sure Chris can "put his mind to" missing at least 5 good one-on-one tackles against fast running backs around his end per game, and to continue his "pace" of 3 sacks per season, and to never being able to cover a back or tight end for more then one half of one second in pass coverage. And for all of those goals he will most certainly "attain", I'm sure the Bills will continue to pay him his 4 6 Million Dollars per season, right??

It's worse than you thought. He signed a deal averaging $6M/season - just a hair under Schobel's $7M/season.

He seems to be doing a lot of interviews. Maybe he is trying to behave like an important part of the team, with the hope that it might make the coaching staff think he "brings something special to the table", or is somehow needed in the locker room.

I hope he is cut....

All of you Kelsay bashers are morons. Just because he doesn't get the sack, doesn't mean he doesn't get the job of "getting pressure on the qb" done. He's consistantly one of the best at getting pressure. He's one of the best on our team at stopping the run. And I think he has THE BEST character on this team next to Poz and Wilson. Proof why his team mates make him captain all the time. I can't say enough good things about him wish we had more players on the team like him. If he made 2 mill a year you guys would consistantly talk about how underrated he is so shut up. And please somebody get all antsy in your pantsy and bash what I said... Get some knowledge you babies.

I love how whenever a player says something confident, he gets flamed here. I guess the rule is, if the fanbase isn't satisfied with your play, you don't ever get to open your mouth.

Kelsay isn't the best example, but I think that a guy like Whitner or Lynch would literally get flamed for saying ANYTHING.

while his play overall hasnt warrented the money he is being paid, last season was the exception. i wouldnt say he earned every penny but it was easily his best season as he was one of the best defenders on the entire team

so really, the 'kelsay sux'-ers at the top of this thread look pretty foolish if you ask me

He seems to be doing a lot of interviews. Maybe he is trying to behave like an important part of the team, with the hope that it might make the coaching staff think he "brings something special to the table", or is somehow needed in the locker room.

I hope he is cut....

I think everyone has to agree the guy is OVER paid, and he is NOT another Schobel that one cracks me up.

He is athletic, he is quick he can move around in space but at DE he's way undersized and if an offensive lineman is able to get his hands on him he's done. He's been a disappointment at defensive end basically no factor even though he gets the one on one every snap. Here is the sick part often it's the tight end. I don't think he will be a good OLB but I wouldn't completely shock me

I think everyone has to agree the guy is OVER paid, and he is NOT another Schobel that one cracks me up.

He is athletic, he is quick he can move around in space but at DE he's way undersized and if an offensive lineman is able to get his hands on him he's done. He's been a disappointment at defensive end basically no factor even though he gets the one on one every snap. Here is the sick part often it's the tight end. I don't think he will be a good OLB but I wouldn't completely shock me

I've guessed I've missed something. I have not seen quickness or any ability to move in space. I don't think he can cover anybody out of the backfield or a TE and he doesn't have the quickness to get to the backfield. I really believe he is going to be cut. If Schoebel surprises and comes back its a definite.

If the good character is so important get him some pom-poms or a clipboard. He was the typical Marv pick. White guy with a "high motor." Unfortunately it has been stuck in neutral for his career.

He is a liability. He is completely fooled by every single reverse or draw. I watch film on the bills and while Schobel is never fooled, Kelsay is fooled by offensive trickery 90% if the time. He gets off blocks well against the run, and is tall.

Maybin has no chance. We should admit we screwed up and get rid of them both in the most financially responsible way.

We all knew Losman was never going to develop. We all know Maybin sucks. Why cant the front office admit it?

I disagree give Maybin a chance . He is a better fit to play OLB. Perfect size and has great speed

Yeah Kelsay sure does achieve his goals doesn't he? I mean how hard is it to "put your mind to" racking up about 3 whole sacks a season for 7 years?? And to think some media experts think he won't be able to transition to OLB? Just because he has zero quickness, has never played in space during his NFL career, and completely disapears for quarters at a time during any given game, why would anyone think he couldn't play outside linebacker?? I'm sure Chris can "put his mind to" missing at least 5 good one-on-one tackles against fast running backs around his end per game, and to continue his "pace" of 3 sacks per season, and to never being able to cover a back or tight end for more then one half of one second in pass coverage. And for all of those goals he will most certainly "attain", I'm sure the Bills will continue to pay him his 4 Million Dollars per season, right??

I disagree. He will not make the team.