12 year old car thief

tomdayfan

I remember on summer, I was probably 12, I was mowing the lawn. A friend of mine (also 12) pulls up in his parent's car and asks if I wanted to go for a ride. Ahhhh, no, I have to mow the lawn. 0:)

By the way he drove 6 miles down route 20 to get there.

I remember on summer, I was probably 12, I was mowing the lawn. A friend of mine (also 12) pulls up in his parent's car and asks if I wanted to go for a ride. Ahhhh, no, I have to mow the lawn. 0:)

By the way he drove 6 miles down route 20 to get there.

Yikes .... I grew up in the middle of farms so it was not uncommon for 12 year olds to drive farm equipment including trucks - but usually very short distances, on roads not heavilly travelled and normally well off to the side of the road. Yes it was illegal but unless you did something stupid not likely to draw attention.

Yikes .... I grew up in the middle of farms so it was not uncommon for 12 year olds to drive farm equipment including trucks - but usually very short distances, on roads not heavilly travelled and normally well off to the side of the road. Yes it was illegal but unless you did something stupid not likely to draw attention.

I grew up in the middle of farm country so everyone and "field cars" we drove around. We were caught bombing around a field with one of our friends spread eagled on top of the car. Parents took the keys away for a couple of weeks.