maybe we *are* billsfanone

nodnarb

and i've been so optimistic all offseason.

at QB, we're clearly d'oomed. now we have to bring in a discarded journeyman who won't know the playbook in time. Uh, Drew? Please stay healthy.

(by the way, what's with making the word d'oomed appear as billsfanone? did i miss something?)

at SS, I don't know about you, but I don't believe Coy Wire is starting material. He doesn't have the instincts. He'll be picked on. Milloy has never been injured. Until now.

Bobby APril's unit shat the bed tonight. they were horrid.

Wake up, everyone: McGahee looked like C.R.A.P. Slow to the holes, slow through the few he found, and generally tentative and unconvincing. Travis can't get healthy soon enough.

I know Jonas was out, but the offensive line is STILL a major problem, and it's the one area where I believe Donahoe deserves the criticism he receives. I look at the Chiefs line and drool. They make Green look soooo good.

I watched the first quarter of the Pats game. Brady had all day to throw. There were plays when there wasn't anyone withing 8 yards of him after *8* seconds of holding the ball and waiting for a receiver to get free. Their OLine made holes for Dillon against one of the best defenses in the league. In other words, we're still outclassed where it matters most-the lines. We're great at the skill positions, and schitty where it matters most. The lines the lines the lines.

That was the most deflating preseason game I've seen in a while. Granted, it's preseason, but you can indeed tell a lot about a team by the performance of your first teamers.

My expectations just fell back. Very disappointed.

I watched the first quarter of the Pats game. Brady had all day to throw. There were plays when there wasn't anyone withing 8 yards of him after *8* seconds of holding the ball and waiting for a receiver to get free.

Close your eyes and count to eight. And count in real seconds, not 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 super-fast seconds. FOUR seconds is an absurdly long time for a QB to have to throw, let alone eight. Brady had a lot of time on a few plays, but I find it hard to believe the Pats' O-line was the main reason. They're brutal.

Their OLine made holes for Dillon

It did? Not when I was watching.

As for the topic, I wouldn't worry too much. All this 4-12 stuff is ridiculous, the Bills will still be around .500.

i watched the 1st quarter. i saw dillion break two good runs, saw brady had time to go thru all his reads, etc. What I'm saying is, the pats are still a better team, particularly on offense. the 3rd preseason game is supposed to give you the best indication of the actual state of the first team. There's light scheming and game planning, to simulate the real game. I'm disappointed in every aspect, the playcalling, execution, OLine, you name it. I hate that you'll agree with me.

Imagine the Viking's line a few years back! Several PB's and a couple of All-Pros!!

Willis is telegraphing it to the entire league that he is VERY unsure about his knee, that much is plainly obvious now!

Hell, I wish DB had at least 4 secs to throw picks or incompletions. He's not the only one w/o time or taking all those sacks.

I spit on that putrid line! I'm sure there are bull dykes out there with more balls who can play with a passion. Up and down, the line is nothing but a collection of kitty willows.

Coach M was despondent in post game interviews and things may not get better anytime soon.

OK so i just woke up and saw the news. My first reaction was....

billsfanone

The loss of Travis Brown and Losman really hurts us now. Drew continues to look shabby in preseason - any more reports of his ineffectiveness and I might scream.

Losing Milloy isn't too bad - but Wire's missed out on SS reps in camp - and that hurts us. The OL isn't hurt too much - but do they know how to block???

billsfanone I tell ya - another 3 years of rebuilding around losman

Drew continues to look shabby in preseason - any more reports of his ineffectiveness and I might scream.

10655[/snapback]

What are you talking about ? Drew looked shabby ? I SAW the game and he wasn't a negative at all. Made several nice throws. Watched Moulds drop a perfect pass on 3rd down. I'm a Drew basher and believe me, he's not a problem.

I'm sure this Thursday, Drew will be handing off the ball much of the time, to avoid injury. The search for the backup QB starts today.

but biggest problem appeared to be sloppy play and mistakes. 

10664[/snapback]

Of course! This is Buffalo! We haven't had crisp execution since 1994. Every play's like skin of the teeth...from Flutie to RJ to Bledsoe to whoever, it's always a miracle the play works.

Aggravating. We could have had Coughlin. We could have had Dennis Green. We could have had a coach that brings a disciplined system.

We got Mike Mularkey.

My expectations just fell back. Very disappointed.

10525[/snapback]

Here is one person's opinion about the game.

1) Who is that load wearing #74? Whoever he is, he can go anytime. He needs to be 'Private Pyled' one of these nights in the barracks. He is giving the starting O line a bad rap. Thanks to this guy, I have to hear "needs to be angry guy" rant about how bad the line sucks, how bad Drew sucks ad nauseaum here, because the line did not suck, and Drew did not suck. Sorry, but that's the way it was.

2) Drew Bledsoe looks good. People have to just get over it and move on. He does not look great, mind you (see #3 below), but good. That whole patting the ball thing, so what. I saw him roll left, yes, roll left, to avoid a defender who was let in, of course, by #74, and throw a low dart out pass right into the receiver's hands.

And yes, he was terrible last year.

3) I don't know what is happening, but every time 3rd down rolls around, it's like that movie "Space Jam". I think aliens come and sap the talent out of these guys, but for one down only. I guess I can't complain too much, the Colts didn't convert one either.

4) Coy Wire should be playing FS, not SS ( Actually, he should be playing LB so he should be in the CFL)

5) I only saw one thing that that can be construed as a coaching flaw. It was a third down, of course, a call was made for a fake draw-pass kind of thing, and DB was sacked, again, thanks to #74. I will give Tom Clements the benefit of the doubt and say that he may have done that because he does not have Travis Henry until the regular season.

6) Ok, who can we bring in as a #2 for 10 weeks or so? I'm afraid of what the answer might be.

What are you talking about ? Drew looked shabby ? I SAW the game and he wasn't a negative at all. Made several nice throws. Watched Moulds drop a perfect pass on 3rd down. I'm a Drew basher and believe me, he's not a problem.

I'm sure this Thursday, Drew will be handing off the ball much of the time, to avoid injury. The search for the backup QB starts today.

10658[/snapback]

I say he looks shabby - because every goddamn report i read online says he's ineffective. His his numbers look poor on the stats in comparison to other QBs.

Its good to hear he's not the problem - but still - us faraway fans need to see something to impress us soon.

Of course! This is Buffalo! We haven't had crisp execution since 1994. Every play's like skin of the teeth...from Flutie to RJ to Bledsoe to whoever, it's always a miracle the play works.

Aggravating. We could have had Coughlin. We could have had Dennis Green. We could have had a coach that brings a disciplined system.

We got Mike Mularkey.

10683[/snapback]

I'm just curious, is there anything at all you're happy about.....ever? :doh: