Kevin Ellison busted with painkillers

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-vicodin-pills/

With what a violent sport it is and the number of injuries, I'm surprised painkillers aren't more of a problem. Especially because pain medications are typically addictive.

I work in construction and witness guys taking painkillers from time to time. I've seen guys selling painkillers and have seen pain pills in toolboxes.

I remember when Brett Favre had a painkiller addiction a few years back.

With what a violent sport it is and the number of injuries, I'm surprised painkillers aren't more of a problem. Especially because pain medications are typically addictive.

I work in construction and witness guys taking painkillers from time to time. I've seen guys selling painkillers and have seen pain pills in toolboxes.

Painkillers are a slippery slope. I won't touch one just because I know about the possibilities they could lead too.

Im sure it is more of a problem most just have ways around getting busted

Agreed.

What we know in fandom is not even the tip of the iceberg.

Don't get me started on PED's....

I just dug out a stump, and I sure wish I had some pain killers. Vicodin arent for addicts. There is too much tylenol in them. Addicts go for oxycontin. He was probably using them to get through workouts. I dont see this as a huge deal.

I used to work in a forge, and there were a lot of guys working their butts off and taking pain pills to get through the day. I cant say I blame them.

I just dug out a stump, and I sure wish I had some pain killers. Vicodin arent for addicts. There is too much tylenol in them. Addicts go for oxycontin. He was probably using them to get through workouts. I dont see this as a huge deal.

I used to work in a forge, and there were a lot of guys working their butts off and taking pain pills to get through the day. I cant say I blame them.

My late, ex-father-in-law used to work at Gibraltar Steel on Military. Every time we'd go up to Canada he'd ask us to buy some Aspirin 222s…I guess they have codeine in them.

I've worked hard, physical labor for much of my life and I think I must be pretty lucky to not have a need for painkillers.

Still, Vicodin to get through a workout? That seems extreme to me. Kevin Ellison is a younger guy who hasn't played football in almost 6 months. I used to work out quite a bit and I never even had the thought to take a pain pill.

They're called prescriptions. All you have to do is carry the bottle with you. You'd think anyone playing football, with that much money and resources at their disposal, would be able to find a doctor/reason to get them prescribed.