RIP George Terlep

KRC

Another of the original Buffalo Bills passed away this week. George Terlep passed away on Monday. He played for the 1946-48 teams. One of the nicest guys you could meet. I was fortunate to have talked to him on several occassions over the past few years.

Obituary

RIP George. You will be missed.

Thanks Ken.

Per his obit, he led a very full life.

Can you share some of his exploits as a Bison/Bill?

He started as a RB for the Bisons in 46, but after Harry 'Hippety' Hopp struggled, he became the quarterback. Once Ratterman came to town in 47, Terlep went back to RB with spot duties passing. He played for Paul Brown at Great Lakes and then again during the 1948 season (after only a brief time with the Bills). He was part of the famous undefeated team of 1948, winning a championship against his former team: the Buffalo Bills.

Overall, he was a decent player that could pretty much do anything for the team. He spent some time coaching after finishing his playing career.

He started as a RB for the Bisons in 46, but after Harry 'Hippety' Hopp struggled, he became the quarterback. Once Ratterman came to town in 47, Terlep went back to RB with spot duties passing. He played for Paul Brown at Great Lakes and then again during the 1948 season (after only a brief time with the Bills). He was part of the famous undefeated team of 1948, winning a championship against his former team: the Buffalo Bills.

Overall, he was a decent player that could pretty much do anything for the team. He spent some time coaching after finishing his playing career.

'Hippety Hopp' stumbled? :worthy:

Lou Saban was on that '48 Championship team.

Here's a good story about the game, including offensive starters. Terlep had 1 punt return for 13 yards.

http://www.profootballresearchers.org/Coff...r/18-04-658.pdf

Thanks again for posting this, KRC!

Sorry to hear, KRC.

And I'm glad you sought out all these players, allowing them to tell their stories while they still could.

Unfortunately, there are still too many to get to. The PFRA is trying to get as many as possible, but there are just not enough people willing to interview players. I have all of the contact info, I just need people willing to interview the players. I was able to get all of the old Bills players, but there are still players from other teams that we need to interview.

Are you still coming to the meeting in Canton? I will be making another plea for help there. Any suggestions would be welcome.