Shane Conlan

Shane Conlan was recently named All Time Great Bill #27. A little low I think for a stud run stuffer from our glory years.

I know Shane personally because we plyed high school ball against each other and his brother lives down the street from my parents in Jamestown, NY. We have bumbed into each other a bunch of times, he's a good guy and willing to tell stories and answer questions about the Bills. In a HS game he hit me so hard that I thought a piano had fallen on my head, he absolutely destroyed me. I got up and for a minute thought I was vacationing in Hawaii! Definately my first concussion. He hit another back so hard it made him cry and leave the game. The other players teased him for crying but I didn't, I didn't want to go back in either.

Shane still has a large house on lake Chautauqua, speaks at banquets and other community events and will have a few cold ones w/wings around town. I have never heard a bad thing said about Shane Conlan and don't want to, he's an outstanding family man and proud former Buffalo Bill.

One thing though, Shane has the Biggest Head I've ever seen, size of a large watermellon. He has shoulders that won't pass through a doorway and legs the size of a flamingo's. But the S.O.B could hit!

With all the B.S. negative spew on most boards I wanted to say something nice about one of our finest Bills ever.

Please add some similar stories about "Hammerhead", negative posters resist the urge to badmouth Shane.

Overrated part of a soft run defense that cost us the Superbowl. But other than that he was great.

More than one of my PGH buds back then, gave me the business about BUF not taking Woodson and letting him fall into their lap. :thumbsup:

Do you know every guy we "should have drafted" from every round of every year?

Conlan had an excellent career.

Shane Conlan was recently named All Time Great Bill #27. A little low I think for a stud run stuffer from our glory years.

I know Shane personally because we plyed high school ball against each other and his brother lives down the street from my parents in Jamestown, NY. We have bumbed into each other a bunch of times, he's a good guy and willing to tell stories and answer questions about the Bills. In a HS game he hit me so hard that I thought a piano had fallen on my head, he absolutely destroyed me. I got up and for a minute thought I was vacationing in Hawaii! Definately my first concussion. He hit another back so hard it made him cry and leave the game. The other players teased him for crying but I didn't, I didn't want to go back in either.

Shane still has a large house on lake Chautauqua, speaks at banquets and other community events and will have a few cold ones w/wings around town. I have never heard a bad thing said about Shane Conlan and don't want to, he's an outstanding family man and proud former Buffalo Bill.

One thing though, Shane has the Biggest Head I've ever seen, size of a large watermellon. He has shoulders that won't pass through a doorway and legs the size of a flamingo's. But the S.O.B could hit!

With all the B.S. negative spew on most boards I wanted to say something nice about one of our finest Bills ever.

Please add some similar stories about "Hammerhead", negative posters resist the urge to badmouth Shane.

Played against him in a scrimmage once. He damned near killed me, till I figured out that I had to cut block him every time. So strong up top...dominator. One summer we spent a week on the lake, and cruised by his place in Mayville. He was holding out for a better contract, and we yelled off the boat for him to get his butt in camp. He would have been an alltime great had he not left in free agency.