A No-Brainer

The exact reason hasn't been disclosed, but if you were to rationalize some of the potential reasons these may be included:

1. Baltimore may feel that Gaither is worth more than just Lynch and want an additional pick in the draft with Lynch.

2. Baltimore may not want Lynch at all, especially after trading with us for our last featured back: McGahee

3. Gaither may have made it known that he will not extend his contract if Buffalo trades for him making a trade less

desirable to Buffalo.

4. Baltimore may want to keep Gaither.

5. Gaither may have a real injury even though it's being portrayed as minor in nature. That could also lessen what Buffalo

is willing to give up to get him.

6. Baltimore just switched him to right tackle recently and a right tackle does not have the same earning power as a LT.

Buffalo may try to pay Gaither right tackle money which Gaither's agent would probably try to discourage a deal to the

Bills in that event.

7. There may be other interested teams, and Baltimore may be holding out and stalling to see if they can up the ante and

get a bit more for Gaither's services..

I am sure there are other scenarios as well....

You're a better man than me. I was just going to say something like...you seriously started a thread with a "why don't we trade Marshawn even up for Gaither? Really? Only if they through in Flacco....

Is it me, or do Bills fans just not have a clue to who Ray Rice is? I swear, I have seen a bunch of scenarios of Bills fans who want us to trade Lynch for Gaither when the Ravens have one of the best young RB's in the league and a ton of depth behind him.

Its just like the trade down pleas every year before the draft with people just saying we should have traded down...it takes 2 to tango and it needs to make sense for both teams.

So, to the OP...can you please explain why on Earth this would be a deal that Baltimore would want? What value does it give them to pick up a RB, which they absolutley dont need and wouldnt touch the ball more than 10 times a game, for a premium up and coming LT? If you took the 3 seconds to ask yourself this question, you would have went..." :thumbsup: ...duh, no wonder this lopsided trade hasn't happened yet, because its totally stupid for Baltimore to make it" and saved yourself the time you spent posting this...

There should be some kind of proposed trade template for posters that requires them to answer why for both sides of the trade before the system allows the post to make it up on the board... <_<