NFL Arrests Database

Pretty interesting find. Enjoy!

http://www.signonsandiego.com/nfl/arrests-...nterstitialskip

</H3>

Thanks for posting. Man that really sucks about McIntyre, I wonder if players gave him a hard time about that after the charges were dropped. I imagine you could really have some fun with that one. Just reading it, I almost pissed my pants.

I wonder if the NBA list is longer or shorter than this pathetic display. I bet'cha the NHL hardly has anybody.

I would bet that arrest rates in other sports don't compare at all to the NFL. Much as many fans refuse to admit it, it often takes a borderline sociopath to play professional football well. Lawrence Taylor is being vilified for what he did right now, but throughout his career he was paid millions to hurt people badly. People still celebrate what he did to Theismann. Expecting NFL players to turn it off in civilian life is naive, I think. No other sport compares to the NFL when it comes to violence. The NHL is a walk in the park by comparison.

The complete list of numbers only;

St. Louis - 6

Detroit - 7

NY Jets - 7

Philadelphia - 7

San Francisco - 8

Arizona - 9

Dallas - 9

Houston - 9

NE - 11

NY Giants - 11

Washington - 11

GB - 12

Oakland - 12

Atlanta - 13

Buffalo - 13

Seattle - 13

Baltimore - 15

Carolina - 15

Pittsburgh -16

Indianapolis - 17

NO - 17

Chicago - 18

Tampa Bay - 18

Cleveland -20

Tennessee - 22

San Diego - 23

Miami - 24

Jacksonville - 25

KC - 25

Denver - 27 - Brandon Marshall accounts for 4 of them.

Minnesota - 30

Cincinnati - 31

Mean Average: 15.66

Median Average: 13

Bills: 13

I would bet that arrest rates in other sports don't compare at all to the NFL. Much as many fans refuse to admit it, it often takes a borderline sociopath to play professional football well. Lawrence Taylor is being vilified for what he did right now, but throughout his career he was paid millions to hurt people badly. People still celebrate what he did to Theismann. Expecting NFL players to turn it off in civilian life is naive, I think. No other sport compares to the NFL when it comes to violence. The NHL is a walk in the park by comparison.

I agree, Dave. Although there are a lot of violent sports, IMO nothing compares to professional football for sheer magnitude of violence.

It takes a "special" person to psychologically cope with knowing that any play might be your last.