How many touches of the football by Spiller will make you happy?

Even though they've switched from the one gap of the Tampa 2, even with Jauron we ran more cover 3 / cover 4 to keep over the top protected. In the 3-4, we can still roll a safety in or have two of them back there in the look of a cover two. In fact, depending on how much Edwards likes to blitz secondary members, we still may be in looks that were similar to last year (however with different results) with stemming moving the shape of the secondary to another look.

I've read here - since I asked about it - that Byrd hasn't been "all that" re run stops. He seems a good opportunist to get an interception - but in an open field, so to speak. Wilson - no idea. If I face a 3-4, one of my goals is sending safeties into the cheap seats if they decide to cheat up. I want to beat the 4 LBs to an area - and in a 3-4, usually one of them takes on some degree of edge run responsibility. I can run wide and keep them guessing. As well as hanging onto the clock with off-tackle play, an inside quick sweep and an unbalanced OL. IMO, an unbalanced line is rough on a 3-4.

And a question I still have, is how the current cb corps will perform when they face more of the inevitable deep routes.

Lotsa changes all at once for the Bills' D...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic