Is Edwards Injury Prone?

Is he injury prone? Probably to some degree.

Was he under continuous siege? Yep.

Could he have avoided some of the carnage? Some.

Could he have thrown the ball away more. Sure.

I'm not sure Edwards will be able to regain the confidence and form that had him in the top 5 QB's in the league, for a while. I would sure like to see that, but it remains to be seen as to whether or not that will happen, plain & simple. I don't think many people would have had high expectations for any of the Bill's QB's last season, given the coaching mess, sub-par starting OL and ensuing injuries. Edwards was shell shocked, Fitz isn't particularly accurate and Brohm came in too late to do anything meaningful.

We should all settle down and let the new coaching staff have a chance at getting things in place.

As if we have some other choice.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe in "injury prone".

What does it really mean?

I believe sh*t happens.

Sometimes it's just bad luck.

Is Eric Wood injury prone?

How could he have avoided his injury?

If he gets injured next year- is he injury prone?

Was Bo Jackson injury prone?

Joe Theisman?

Luck.. fate... fitness... yes..

Injury "prone", IMO..

No.

Yea well go back and watch that hit again, then count off how much time Edwards had to throw it.

I counted 3 seconds and they were already on him, it was 3rd down and 2 freaking yards and they decided to throw!

It was a run blitz called by the Jets. they had 9 Jets at the LoS ... 8 Jets came on that blitz

If you watch Edwards helmet movement on that play he looks at all 3 receivers, TE to the flat was covered, both receivers were covered closely man to man, he had nowhere to go with the ball.

Bad play call, bad protections= concusion

I don't know about you, but I would think that a smart guy like TE (coming from Stanford and all) would have been able to figure out that 9 guys in the box on 3rd and 2 calls for an audible, quickly.... :thumbsup:

I can think of 5 plays right off the top of my head that would have gone for a TD in that situation. Why couldn't Trent?

I don't believe in "injury prone".

What does it really mean?

I believe sh*t happens.

Sometimes it's just bad luck.

Is Eric Wood injury prone?

How could he have avoided his injury?

If he gets injured next year- is he injury prone?

Was Bo Jackson injury prone?

Joe Theisman?

Luck.. fate... fitness... yes..

Injury "prone", IMO..

No.

I believe in injury prone.

What it means are that some players:

A. Have a body type (and/or style of play) that tends to result in them getting a series of injuries which cost them playing time. Rob Johnson in many ways defined this type of player, it seemed that at least a couple of times a season in his several year career here he would get hit and then have to be removed from playing to rehab and extraordinary set of differing injuries from the not atypical concussion to one time he fell on the point of the ball and suffered some type of chest contusion which did not allow him to throw,

Rob Johnson is prone to be injured a lot, Brett Favre (to take an extreme to demonstrate the point) is not. He certainly gets hit alot but seemingly with little impact on his game.

B. Not only is Favre not prone to harsh injury despite letting it all hang out, but when he does get whacked he seems to have a high pain tolerance which allows him to play on despite the pain. Jim Kelly also demonstrated this ability. Injury prone players tend to need to have a lot of things right and even small injuries which the best QBs play through they get removed from the game.

Why do I judge Edwards to be injury prone? To me its an objective standard. When one relies on him and he plays does he get hurt so badly to a number of injuries to different parts of his body that it only seems a matter of time until you need to go to your back-up.

The streak within 2 years of play where he went down to a wrist injury (the best QBs seen to have bone and connective tissue structure where they do not get these injuries much), and then missed much needed practice time during pre-season with some sort of generally undescribed injury but it was not the wrist and his head also seemed screwed on straight, and then later that season a hit resulted in a concussion which cost him several games strikes me as injury prone.

Maybe Jim Kelly was so dumb that he could continue to play with his brain addled for the most part where a thinking man QB like Stanford grad Edwards needs to be with the program is the difference. Maybe it was Jimbos willingness to take a cortisone shot when he gets rammed mid-playoff game against Pitts while modern rules or Edwards individually requires he be benched.

I am not sure about the details but being injury prone is a real thing.