WIDE RECEIVERS

First post here - With all this QB and OL talk, does anyone find it disturbing that our top two receivers are Lee Evans (340 rec) and Roscoe Parrish (100 rec) with the next closest being CHAD JACKSON WITH 14...14 career receptions?

We can place all the blame on the offensive line for our offensive struggles last year with TO (horrible route runner), but without great route runners getting open, it doesn't matter how great our OL performs. Having anything resembling a passing attack will take pressure off our run game and also the blitz.

In order for us to win more than 3 games this year, one of these guys (jackson, hardy, easley, johnson) needs to step up big time.

Thoughts...

Go Bills :wallbash:

First post here - With all this QB and OL talk, does anyone find it disturbing that our top two receivers are Lee Evans (340 rec) and Roscoe Parrish (100 rec) with the next closest being CHAD JACKSON WITH 14...14 career receptions?

We can place all the blame on the offensive line for our offensive struggles last year with TO (horrible route runner), but without great route runners getting open, it doesn't matter how great our OL performs. Having anything resembling a passing attack will take pressure off our run game and also the blitz.

In order for us to win more than 3 games this year, one of these guys (jackson, hardy, easley, johnson) needs to step up big time.

Thoughts...

Go Bills :lol:

Welcome to the board.

Our top receiver last year, T.O., has over 1000 career receptions. Lotta good that did us.

Yes, wideout is a position of need for this team. Now that they've addressed other needs, the Bills have to figure out who their quarterback and left tackle are...and then figure out if they have enough talent to develop at wide receiver.

Thoughts...

TO is a horrible route runner? :lol:

Lee Evans and Steve Johnson are solid. It seems the new coaching staff has faith in Hardy too.

Thoughts...

First WELCOME to the board!!! Take a deep breath as you post because there will be some incredibly absent minded responses to your posts but people with solid posts, questions, and discussion points like this are very welcome to the board!

Like others, I am of the opinion that Steve Johnson has the potential to be a really good #2 wide out and I am completely satisfied with Evans. There is still a small glimmer of hope for Hardy but I also like the upside of Easely. Roscoe has not shown much ability to run with the ball after catching it and his minutia prevents him from having any real chance across the middle.

We still need to find a replacement for Josh Reed but like so many other elements of the Bills' offense we don't know the answers because Coach Dick played to not lose rather than to win. Coach Chan is about winning and since he will be calling the plays on game day he's putting all of the pressure on himself to succeed ... that alone is a major step up from the past.

GO BILLS!

Despite Chan repeatedly alluding to installing a run-heavy offense, I keep seeing national media bloggers referring to the idea that Chan will be running a spread offense.

I don't watch a lot of college football, so can anyone tell me if there is such thing as a run-heavy spread offense or am I correct to assume these bloggers don't know what they're talking about?

And in regards to our passing game- if we do employ a lot of 4 and 5 wide sets, could that mean that our stable of young receivers (especially Hardy, who reportedly has trouble reading defenses and adjusting his routes accordingly) will have a greater chance of success by running college style routes in a spread passing attack?

Despite Chan repeatedly alluding to installing a run-heavy offense, I keep seeing national media bloggers referring to the idea that Chan will be running a spread offense.

I don't watch a lot of college football, so can anyone tell me if there is such thing as a run-heavy spread offense or am I correct to assume these bloggers don't know what they're talking about?

And in regards to our passing game- if we do employ a lot of 4 and 5 wide sets, could that mean that our stable of young receivers (especially Hardy, who reportedly has trouble reading defenses and adjusting his routes accordingly) will have a greater chance of success by running college style routes in a spread passing attack?

A spread can be run heavy, think Florida and West Virginia. i am really thinking we will see some pistol type stuff like he used in KC. It is a shotgun but can be very run heavy.Tyler thigpen put up pretty decent numbers with it. Some people say it is gimmicky an bash it. But if it works I am all for it.

Guest dog14787

Bills just signed another big receiver, ( size)

David Nelson at 6' 5'', 217 lbs, was one of Tebows bigger targets in college, has great hands and good speed.