(OT) Anyone here have Dishnetwork?

gflande1

DN was my 1st try at sat. I dont like having the 2 dishes ( 1 for local channels)but Da Bills are on there so... It does go out a lot with inclement weather, but picture is great, and the packages are reasonable. I got 4 tvs set up with free hbo and showtime for the 1st three months. Just wish they would hurry up with the dsl..still paying $57.00 a mo. for powerlink..cant get verizon either.. :w00t: . So if I had to rate it,,7 out of 10.. :doh:

I like DirecTV better -- the hardware is lightyears better than Dish (especially with TiVo - Dish's DVR sucks from what I've read), it has better programming (including Sunday Ticket), and the customer service is much better as well.

That said, Dish is better than cable and, for a basic package, is cheaper than DirecTV. A couple of my coworkers have Dish and they pay (if I recall) $25 for the lowest tier package. As a point of comparison, my package is $40/month with DirecTV (going up to $42/month in January, as my price protection ends). I get a bunch more channels than Dish, but if you don't watch a lot of television and you want to save some money, Dish might be the way to go.

Happy AD? :lol:

CW

I like DirecTV better -- the hardware is lightyears better than Dish (especially with TiVo - Dish's DVR sucks from what I've read), it has better programming (including Sunday Ticket), and the customer service is much better as well.

That said, Dish is better than cable and, for a basic package, is cheaper than DirecTV.  A couple of my coworkers have Dish and they pay (if I recall) $25 for the lowest tier package.  As a point of comparison, my package is $40/month with DirecTV (going up to $42/month in January, as my price protection ends).  I get a bunch more channels than Dish, but if you don't watch a lot of television and you want to save some money, Dish might be the way to go.

Happy AD? :lol:

CW

138965[/snapback]

Ecstatic. :D

thats what I was going to say. If you lve outside the Buffalo market you would be crazy to get dish???

Direc Tv just locked up the NFL through 07

thats what I was going to say. If you lve outside the Buffalo market you would be crazy to get dish???

Direc Tv just locked up the NFL through 07

140482[/snapback]

Actually, I think it's throuh 2010...

knock it off. you bastards are just trying to piss off the cablelady.

Oh, I already know she's one of the people who has DirecTV, even though she works for the cable company. Just like in that commercial.

Customer: "Umm, could you park out back?"

Installer: "You work for the cable company, don't you?"

Customer hangs head and says, "Yeah..."

<_<

CW

Why get a dish where you can't watch the NFL?  

Does that even make sense?

139027[/snapback]

I did, and I am happy with the decision.

The price of Sunday Ticket is like $150 for the season, and that as a repeat customer, and I guarantee it will go up plenty more during DTV's monopoly period.

If the Bills are not available, I go to a sports bar here in Houston and watch them with a bunch of other Bills fans for a lot less money and actually enjoy myself meeting Bills fans in the process. The other nice thing, I can watch all of the games simultaneously at a sports bar, whereas for Sunday Ticket I have to flip between channels.

The other big benefit: I don't feel that I have to spend my entire Sunday watching the NFL to try to get my money's worth.

BTW, DN's DVR works just fine for me, and cost me $0 when installed. I'm very happy with my new Dish Network package.

I've had Dish Network for 3 1/2 years and have been very satisfied. Good prices. Have it on 2 JVC Monitors in my house and the picture is perfect. Sirius satellite radio comes with the mid level package. Hooked up to the stereo and the sound is outstanding. I also play the horses and 2 different channels show every major track in the U.S. I bet and watch from my living room. ( I hate OTB )

I have Season Tickets so the DirecTV NFL package means nothing to me. Besides, it's on in the Maguire Club where I sit.

The price of Sunday Ticket is like $150 for the season, and that as a repeat customer, and I guarantee it will go up plenty more during DTV's monopoly period.

Actually, they've had exclusive rights forever... The price stayed at $129/year for repeat customers for a very long time. Went up to $179 a couple of years ago after the new contract. I wouldn't expect it to go up much higher than $199 for repeat customers.

CW

I wouldn't expect it to go up much higher than $199 for repeat customers.

Oh, I'm pretty sure they will exceed your expectations... we're talking $$$ here... and these guys have no conscience. You'll be looking at $300 bill in the not too distant future.

Oh, I'm pretty sure they will exceed your expectations... we're talking $$$ here... and these guys have no conscience.  You'll be looking at $300 bill in the not too distant future.

141084[/snapback]

That's what another poster here said the last time the contract was renewed. I've won a couple DVDs off of him on that bet.

They'd be much better off raising the price of the general package by $1 or $2 then raising the Ticket to $300.

CW