The Truth about Drew Brees

Puggz

Except Brees had a much more prestigious collegiate career, was the 32nd player taken in the draft, and threw for almost 3300 yards in his first year as a starter. Neither Brohm nor Edwards have done anything to even remotely indicate they could be the "next Brees."

Okay, ill bite....

Drew threw for 3,284 yards his first year as starter...doing the math...16 games...205 yards per game

Trent threw for 2,699 yards his first year as starter...doing the math...14 games...193 yards per game

I dont think the 12 yards per game will dictate this comparison being invalid

Look, Edwards may not be drew brees, but he needs another shot at becoming our QB for the long term. thankfully, thanks to the current front office, he will get another chance

Keep in mind also that the drafting of Rivers at #4 overall served as a wake-up call for Brees, driving him to work harder and raise his game to new levels. Brees has specifically brought that up in interviews.

I don't see the drafting of Levi Brown at #209 overall as having the same effect.

Good point. Expect Lynch to have a big season.

Okay, ill bite....

Drew threw for 3,284 yards his first year as starter...doing the math...16 games...205 yards per game

Trent threw for 2,699 yards his first year as starter...doing the math...14 games...193 yards per game

Look, Edwards may not be drew brees, but he needs another shot at becoming our QB for the long term. thankfully, thanks to the current front office, he will get another chance

You can watch another year of Edwards struggling while I will be off doing other things with my time.

Productive? Mmmmmm. I personally doubt it.

More productive than our guys? Gotta agree with that.

I guess it's all on your definition of production. Aaron Rodgers played behind a very poor line last year and managed to have a fantastic season. The Bills line wasn't much worse than that, if at all.

You aren't going to convince me that Aaron Rodgers and Phillip Rivers wouldn't have gotten the ball to TO, Evans, Reed, and Nelson. Despite the o-line problems, the opportunity to make plays were there every Sunday.

I guess it's all on your definition of production. Aaron Rodgers played behind a very poor line last year and managed to have a fantastic season. The Bills line wasn't much worse than that, if at all.

You aren't going to convince me that Aaron Rodgers and Phillip Rivers wouldn't have gotten the ball to TO, Evans, Reed, and Nelson. Despite the o-line problems, the opportunity to make plays were there every Sunday.

I totally agree with you. There were times when Edwards had more than enough time to throw the ball down field and he wimped out and threw a check down pass.

Enough with the lame excuses for Edwards already.

Ask yourself why did he regress? Could it be the absolute horrid offensive line he started behind, firing of the offensive coordinator a week before the season, the retarded head coach he played for, or maybe the concussions he suffered. I'd like to see the guy play with some surrounding talent, an aggressive coach and good offensive coordinator. If he can't do it with a surrounding cast then its time to stick a fork in him.
Couldn't agree more, obviously the new coaching staff and GM also think the same way or Edwards wouldn't get another chance.

The problem is... this staff / GM didn't fix the O line, every player at every position played sub par and was about the worst in the league last season. I highly doubt that even with the proper coaching that this new staff can perform a miracle and get the players they currently have on the roster to play above their ability, save the guards Levitre and Wood. The talent is simply not there at either tackle position or center...this upcoming season is another disaster waiting to happen... no matter who starts behind the center.

Anthony Davis was there...Mike Iupati was there...Maurkice Pouncey was there...Brian Bulaga was there.

Okay, ill bite....

Drew Brees had 27 TDs and 7 interceptions in his third year starting.

Trent Edwards has a total of 24 TDs and 25 interceptions combined over his three years of being a starter.

It's not happening.

I've seen a lot of QBs being considered or on the roster, bashed because they're "never going to be Drew Brees." I was in San Diego for the early 2000s, and I remember Brees' first few years. He wasn't that great.

The Chargers acquired Rivers and were hanging onto Brees because Rivers held out. That's when Brees exploded.

This is my long way to say that maybe the book shouldn't close on Brohm or Edwards yet.

http://armchairgm.wikia.com/Drew_Brees

Please don't compare Brees to Edwards. Jesus folks, get off Edwards jock already, the guy SUCKS

Okay, ill bite....

LMAO you really think so? QB competitions come down to TWO guys out of the 4 and even that doesnt' last very long. The only real competition is can Brohm not !@#$ up and lose the job

LMAO you really think so? QB competitions come down to TWO guys out of the 4 and even that doesnt' last very long. The only real competition is can Brohm not !@#$ up and lose the job

What has Brohm shown so far that makes you think that he is a lock to be our starting qb? For heavens sake he was moved behind Flynn, a seventh round qb selection. I told you before and I will tell you again, when Edwards beats out the other mediocre qbs on this roster you will look silly and will be singing another discordant tune.

As it has already been well noted unless this porous line is upgraded it will not matter who the qb is. If this new regime truly believes that Bell is the answer for the LT position then the season will be lost before it even started, just like last year. :rolleyes: