All UDFA team

1B4IDie

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1078638

Some of them have interesting resumes and good size.

I wonder whose sister they screwed not to get picked up.

1 in particular could be training camp fodder at worst:

WR DANARIO ALEXANDER, MISSOURI

BUZZ: While he's not a blazer, Alexander's size (6-5/215) and production (113 receptions for 1,781 yards and 14 TDs) as a senior had most projecting him as a late-round pick. Instead, he wasn't selected.

We just picked up 1.

E ANTONIO COLEMAN, AUBURN

BUZZ: Coleman led the SEC with 10 sacks in '09 and had 24.5 in his career, which helped him earn some all-league honors. But his lack of height (he's 6-1) and so-so ability against the run led most NFL teams to think he only could be an outside linebacker in a 3-4 set. Given that he never has played linebacker and has no coverage skills, drafting him was seen as too big a risk.

Alexander is coming off another surgery on his knee. I think that makes 5 in the last 3 years? His production was phenominal......in college. A guy with an injury history like that before the pro level is pretty much doomed. He'll get invited to someone's camp if deemed healthy, but only if deemed healthy. He's a low risk, high ceiling kind of guy and if he doesn't get a shot this year I could see him getting a chance next year after taking a year away from football to heal.

Alexander is coming off another surgery on his knee. I think that makes 5 in the last 3 years? His production was phenominal......in college. A guy with an injury history like that before the pro level is pretty much doomed. He'll get invited to someone's camp if deemed healthy, but only if deemed healthy. He's a low risk, high ceiling kind of guy and if he doesn't get a shot this year I could see him getting a chance next year after taking a year away from football to heal.

Not that it make that big of a difference but he had 4 surgeries but they were all unrelated injuries. Here's info on the latest.......

Alexander has knee surgery

By JIM THOMAS St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Advertisement

One of Danario Alexander’s goals during the predraft process was to convince NFL teams that his knee problems were a thing of the past. Alas, the former Missouri wide receiver underwent surgery on his left knee Wednesday.

As a result, Alexander will not work out at the NFL scouting combine next week in Indianapolis or his March 4 pro day at MU. But league sources said Alexander will still attend the combine as well as Missouri’s pro day to meet with teams.

Sources familiar with the injury told the Post-Dispatch it was a “new” injury and unrelated to his previous knee problems. But that was seen as a good thing. The knee is stable, and the meniscus cartilage overall is in good shape. Alexander had a small cartilage “defect” that had to be fixed before the combine so MRI exams taken there would show that the problem had been fixed.

The surgery was performed by Dr. John Uribe in Miami. Alexander is represented by the Houston-based sports agency Select Sports Group, which plans to distribute a memo on the injury as well as a letter from Uribe stating that Alexander’s injury is a common one and one that he can bounce back from.

Alexander is expected to be ready to go for training camp and may be able to participate in some offseason workouts before camp. Alexander suffered the latest injury during a Senior Bowl practice last month in Mobile, Ala. There was some initial confusion over the injury, which was described first as a “tweaked” knee and then as a tight hamstring. Alexander previously underwent three knee surgeries at MU.

The article says he's "not a burner". Danario has a lot more speed then people give him credit for just fast forward this video to the 6:15 mark and then tell me he doesn't have speed.........

He also set a record at Mizzou with a 46.5 inch vertical leap and could be a nice redzone target. If he could come back healthy (I know its a big if) he could be a monster.

Not that it make that big of a difference but he had 4 surgeries but they were all unrelated injuries. Here's info on the latest.......

The article says he's "not a burner". Danario has a lot more speed then people give him credit for just fast forward this video to the 6:15 mark and then tell me he doesn't have speed.........

He also set a record at Mizzou with a 46.5 inch vertical leap and could be a nice redzone target. If he could come back healthy (I know a big if) he could be a monster.

Someone needs to at least bring the kid to camp. At worst he is cut, or a PS player.

What about this guy?

Sounds like the PERFECT possession reciever.

WR FREDDIE BARNES, BOWLING GREEN

BUZZ: Barnes set an NCAA single-season record with 155 receptions as a senior, for 1,770 yards and 19 TDs. He also had a big season as a sophomore, with 82 receptions in 2007, before suffering through an injury-marred junior season. While Barnes is a physical receiver with great hands and a knack for getting open, his lack of speed is considered a huge hindrance.