Offensive Line still in question?

Frez

Did we help our offensive line problems with the draft in 2010? I don't question CJ Spiller is a good RB but why not address our offensive line with the 1st round or 2nd round draft pick? Our O-line has been bad for years and adding Wang in the 5th round probably just added a project player for depth reasons.

I hope Nix has a plan in place and is not finished yet adding some players to help the O-line or whoever is taking snaps is probably going to get crushed again this year. Thought for sure Buffalo would have drafted a franchise LT with the # 9 pick.

It was all based on trade-offs.

* OL need vs. DL need (DL need was considered even more important by the Bills - at least it appears so).

* Best player available vs. need (Bills apparently thought that Spiller was much better than the available

OTs such as Davis and Bulaga).

Sometimes improvement in one position can be had by improving other positions around it. I imagine that

the Bills look at it that "we need to improve the offense. One way to do that is to improve the LT position and

keep our OK-to-good RBs. Another way is to take a dynamic playmaker at RB and hope that he can do more

with the mediocre lines than Lynch and Jackson did."

Did we help our offensive line problems with the draft in 2010? I don't question CJ Spiller is a good RB but why not address our offensive line with the 1st round or 2nd round draft pick? Our O-line has been bad for years and adding Wang in the 5th round probably just added a project player for depth reasons.

I hope Nix has a plan in place and is not finished yet adding some players to help the O-line or whoever is taking snaps is probably going to get crushed again this year. Thought for sure Buffalo would have drafted a franchise LT with the # 9 pick.

I honestly don't think that "franchise LT" was available with the #9 pick. Bulaga or Davis could certainly prove the doubter wrong, but if you don't have them graded that high, it tough to take them. I think it would have come down to asking if the Bills should have taken a decent tackle (someone better than what's currently on the roster but not a future pro-bowler or even a guy that you can leave on an island without worrying about) with the #9 pick, or take someone that they truly thought was the BPA.

It sucks that the Bills are going into this season with the same lline and QB's as last year (along with some project draft picks), but I don't think it's a reason to take a lesser player with the 1st round pick. As others have said, chances are the Bills are going to be a pretty bad team again this year. It's just the facts we have to face given the shear number of holes on the team. One opinion I'm very confident of, that fact wouldn't be different right now if we had taken Bulaga or Davis with the that pick.