I'm Happy We Didn't Waste A Pick on Jason Campbell

box0life

I've was very concerned the Bills would waste a pick on Jason Campbell. We don't need more average QB's on this team. This is one move I was happy about.

I just hope the Bills are going to trade Marshawn Lynch for another player or draft pick next year. It just doesn't make sense to bring this cancer back to the team after drafting Spiller.

Quite honestly, we should trade Whitner also. We need to improve the offensive line. This line is still no where near good enough to even be average.

I've was very concerned the Bills would waste a pick on Jason Campbell. We don't need more average QB's on this team. This is one move I was happy about.

I just hope the Bills are going to trade Marshawn Lynch for another player or draft pick next year. It just doesn't make sense to bring this cancer back to the team after drafting Spiller.

Quite honestly, we should trade Whitner also. We need to improve the offensive line. This line is still no where near good enough to even be average.

I agree with you on the fact that I'm glad we didn't waste a pick to get Jason Campbell. The guy is average at best on a good day. Was not impressed with him in college and was really underwhelmed by his uninspired play with the Redskins.

I also hope the Bills can trade Marshawn for a pick or two in next year's draft where the talent is again supposed to be pretty deep.

However, I disagree about Whitner. Look, Whitner might not have been worth the number 8 pick, but the kid is a solid strong safety. He was playing hurt for most of the second half of the season last year which was why he was in and out of the lineup. The fact is, he is fast, and has good hands, he just needs a little bit better skill on the ball. Fortunately, that's why we have Jairus Byrd back there who is the more natural ball hawk. That allows Whitner to do what he does best. Tackle and cover. Trading Whitner is not a good idea as the depth behind him is good for three or four games, but I'd rather not have Bryan Scott or George Wilson as our starter for opening weekend. Not that they're bad. They're not. But they are not as good as Whitner.

I was amazed seeing how many people were upset the Bills didnt trade for Campbell today...unbelievable

since the Bills didnt draft another RB late Im convinced that Lynch wont be traded...there isnt anything wrong with having 3 good RBs

I disagree....I'd take Campbell over any of the lower picks that we made. If we had obtained Campbell and not drafted Eisley or Wang i could live with that. I mean if we had drafted Lefleur, Pike, or Brown in the 4th round would anybody complain? Campbell is better than those guys with better attributes and would at a minimum give us a proven efficient Qb with upside. If we play solid D and establish a running game, Campbell in his present state while he won't win many games he wouldn't lose many either; I can't say the same for the rest of our QB's. But I think he will get better, especially if he played in a consistent system for more than a year! But if he doesn't but plays at the same consistent level, we could draft or bring in a replacement and at least be competitive while we build a contender.

I disagree....I'd take Campbell over any of the lower picks that we made. If we had obtained Campbell and not drafted Eisley or Wang i could live with that. I mean if we had drafted Lefleur, Pike, or Brown in the 4th round would anybody complain? Campbell is better than those guys with better attributes and would at a minimum give us a proven efficient Qb with upside. If we play solid D and establish a running game, Campbell in his present state while he won't win many games he wouldn't lose many either; I can't say the same for the rest of our QB's. But I think he will get better, especially if he played in a consistent system for more than a year! But if he doesn't but plays at the same consistent level, we could draft or bring in a replacement and at least be competitive while we build a contender.

Nether would a tackling dummy. Now if only Vick would go away so the dumpster diving talk would stop.

i want a new qb more than the next guy

BUT

jason campbell sucks fat sweaty monkey balls

that slack jawed moron cant play at a high level in the nfl

how is he supposed to read defenses when he's too stupid to read a cereal box?

no point in bringing him in, hes just as bad as the rest of these jokers

How has Lynch been a cancer?

I really just don't get all the Lynch hate that's going around.

BUT

dollar coin your right on the money. :thumbsup:

Campbell was traded for a 4th round pick in 2012. I would rather have made the move to bring in Campbell and worry about the lost 4th round pick years from now. I guess the Brohm era is on it's way.

I tend to think the current coaching staff wants to see how Trent Edwards will play with ONE coach telling him what to do... a real OC calling plays... in a decent offensive system with an improved O line and running game.

Now Gailey can develop Brohm and Brown and take his time doing just that. I also tend to think that Gailey wants to eventually open up the offense and run the spread which Brown excelled in at Troy.

BUT

And he is still twice as good as any QB we have on our roster! He has only played 4 years and while he hasn't tore the league up he has played as good or better than McNabb, Eli, Big Ben, or even Drew Bress did in their first few years but he didn't have the luxury of playing under one coach or in a single system. I mean who stunk it up more than Eli did until he got hot during the playoff run of their SB season? Big Ben team won in spite of him throwing all those picks a few years? McNabb still isn't good enough let the critics tell it; that is why he was shipped out! And Brees you know how that story ended!

While I won't go out on a limb and say that Campbell will have the success of the above mentioned QB's, there are lot of big named QB's who have fared way worse than Campbell has his first 4 years (I could list way more)! The fact that he has progressed year after year is nothing to sneeze at and to discard him as trash because he isn't a Pro Bowl QB is ludicrous thinking. I think the turmoil and impatience of the Redskin organization to stick with a plan has more to do with their limited success than Campbells play did.