Tony Dungy

boyst

I had always thought I was a fan of Tony Dungy, I mean how could you not appreciate his character and kindness. Yet, here I was watching him analyze every player with a character issue as if he every one should be forgiven and they can be coached to become a good productive person in this world. I do not remember the player that Dungy was commenting on when he said that he would really welcome this guy on his team because he would put him with a responsible and good guy on his team to serve as a roll model. Dungy is probably better than any coach we have had in 10 years, but I think maybe this guy is just too optomistic and out of touch with the youth today.

Some people may believe this differs from my view of the Big Ben issue, and it does. The world is not fair, and because Ben is as good as he is, not to mention an already established professional player, he gets a greater rope to hang himself. Like an old mentor once told me, you'll always get the rope to hang yourself in making your decisions, some times you're lucky enough to get a longer rope.

But, to summarize my post, Tony Dungy really looked like a soft type who thinks he can change the world. In a few places, he did, but I just think he is disconnected now!

I had always thought I was a fan of Tony Dungy, I mean how could you not appreciate his character and kindness. Yet, here I was watching him analyze every player with a character issue as if he every one should be forgiven and they can be coached to become a good productive person in this world. I do not remember the player that Dungy was commenting on when he said that he would really welcome this guy on his team because he would put him with a responsible and good guy on his team to serve as a roll model. Dungy is probably better than any coach we have had in 10 years, but I think maybe this guy is just too optomistic and out of touch with the youth today.

Some people may believe this differs from my view of the Big Ben issue, and it does. The world is not fair, and because Ben is as good as he is, not to mention an already established professional player, he gets a greater rope to hang himself. Like an old mentor once told me, you'll always get the rope to hang yourself in making your decisions, some times you're lucky enough to get a longer rope.

But, to summarize my post, Tony Dungy really looked like a soft type who thinks he can change the world. In a few places, he did, but I just think he is disconnected now!

Tony Dungy has changed the world(first black HC to win a SB) and maybe it's because of his outlook on life....

or maybe it's because of Peyton Manning :pirate:

Who am i to judge? :flirt:

Dungy is one of the most overrated coaches in recent memory and if it wasnt for the Bears he wouldnt even have that one super bowl win

and let me guess, all the players he was talking about were black

Dungy is one of the most overrated coaches in recent memory and if it wasnt for the Bears he wouldnt even have that one super bowl win

Sorry but that's dumb. If it weren't for the 90 Raiders we wouldn't have made it to our first Superbowl

Sorry but that's dumb. If it weren't for the 90 Raiders we wouldn't have made it to our first Superbowl

whats just dumb? they had an amazingly easy opponent in the super bowl that continued to defend the pass when they were getting killed by the run and if they played someone better (could have been the Saints) he may not even have that one super bowl win

the Bears were one of the worst super bowl teams of the past decade so i'll say it again, if it wasnt for the Bears he may not even have that one super bowl ring

whats just dumb? they had an amazingly easy opponent in the super bowl that continued to play pass when they were getting killed by the run and if they played someone better (could have been the Saints) he may not even have that one super bowl win

No, what's dumb is that the guy has a SB win and you try to diminish that by knocking his a opponent. It's not like the Bears won a raffle to get there. Our own Marv Levy is 0-4 at such a feat.

No, what's dumb is that the guy has a SB win and you try to diminish that by knocking his a opponent. It's not like the Bears won a raffle to get there. Our own Marv Levy is 0-4 at such a feat.

why not? they got lucky with who they played...he has a ring there is no denying that but he may not even have that if he didnt get lucky with who he played....is that really that hard to understand genius

Clearly his own life experiences have lead him to his conclusions. Your opinion on this from the extreme outside is pointless and unnecessary.

Clearly his own life experiences have lead him to his conclusions. Your opinion on this from the extreme outside is pointless and unnecessary.

My opinion is more that he is far removed from the NFL compared to the 5 years ago when he was still in touch. I am not saying the man was never a good coach, he was and better than we've had since Levy. What I am saying now is how out of touch he seems. Yes, I am all about second chances, but not for multimillion dollar contracts to unproven characters and talents.

My opinion is more that he is far removed from the NFL compared to the 5 years ago when he was still in touch. I am not saying the man was never a good coach, he was and better than we've had since Levy. What I am saying now is how out of touch he seems. Yes, I am all about second chances, but not for multimillion dollar contracts to unproven characters and talents.

Is that something that you have personal experience with. People that have walked the walk have important insights. Casual observers who have their own problems to sort out should focus on that. Here is some really old testament for you, "don't concern yourself with the splinter in your brothers eye when you may have a plank in your own".

You're 100% wrong. He turned around one of the worst franchises in pro sports in Tampa and became an annual SB contender. Gruden won the SB with his players.

Also for all the talk of Manning, he chokes an awful lot in big games. In fact during their SB run, it was teh defense that carried the team. Mannning had terrible #s.

You're 100% wrong. He turned around one of the worst franchises in pro sports in Tampa and became an annual SB contender. Gruden won the SB with his players.

Also for all the talk of Manning, he chokes an awful lot in big games. In fact during their SB run, it was teh defense that carried the team. Mannning had terrible #s.

You are 100% clueless as always...Wyche had Tampa heading in the right direction before Dungy got there and dont give him more credit then he deserves because they had a good GM that was making the picks and putting the team together, not him

and with the talent that team had he should have won at least one super bowl if not more

you are right about one thing, Gruden did win the super bowl with the same players which says all you need to know about Dungy as a head coach

You are 100% clueless as always...Wyche had Tampa heading in the right direction before Dungy got there and dont give him more credit then he deserves because they had a good GM that was making the picks and putting the team together, not him

and with the talent that team had he should have won at least one super bowl with them if not more

and you are right, Gruden did win the super bowl with the same players which says all you need to know about Dungy's coaching ability

Thanks for the petty insult. It doesn't make your argument any less dumb. You're reaching hard. Wyche was 5-11, 5-11, 6-10, and 7-9. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/tam/ Dungy went 6-10 in his first season and then in his 2nd led the Bucs to their 2nd 10 win season in their history. According to your logic, Jauron was taking us in the right direction. You're brilliant.

I don't why people try so hard to discredit players or coaches. It's not just luck that in 2 separate NFL cities, Dungy's team always win. He is a very good coach and will be in the HOF. He also has a very successful coaching tree in the league now as well. But Dungy just always gets lucky every place he goes. Great logic. :thumbsup:

In the 8th Century, B.C. Hesiod wrote:

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.

When I was a boy, we were taught to be discrete and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise and impatient of restraint."

and so it goes

kids today are spoiled back in my youth we didn't have the wheel or fire

Tony Dungy has changed the world(first black HC to win a SB) and maybe it's because of his outlook on life....

or maybe it's because of Peyton Manning :thumbsup:

Who am i to judge? :lol:

Man, Lovie Smith never gets enough credit for being the first black coach to lose a super bowl. And it's never happened since!

Thanks for the petty insult. It doesn't make your argument any less dumb. You're reaching hard. Wyche was 5-11, 5-11, 6-10, and 7-9. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/tam/ Dungy went 6-10 in his first season and then in his 2nd led the Bucs to their 2nd 10 win season in their history. According to your logic, Jauron was taking us in the right direction. You're brilliant.

I don't why people try so hard to discredit players or coaches. It's not just luck that in 2 separate NFL cities, Dungy's team always win. He is a very good coach and will be in the HOF. He also has a very successful coaching tree in the league now as well. But Dungy just always gets lucky every place he goes. Great logic. :thumbsup:

Wyche went to Tampa and the team started to turn around after being so bad for so long...who knows what would have happened if he stayed there but they definately started their upswing under him

Dungy went to Indy and took over a team that went 6-10 but was in the playoffs the two years before that and already had these players named Manning and Harrison

Colts also just happened to have the best GM in the business building their teams but hey, lets give Dungy all the credit

by saying someone is overrated is not saying they are bad, just not as good as the media and some fans make them out to be

I had always thought I was a fan of Tony Dungy, I mean how could you not appreciate his character and kindness. Yet, here I was watching him analyze every player with a character issue as if he every one should be forgiven and they can be coached to become a good productive person in this world.

He's like every other outspoken Christian in America. They all talk like they are trying out for ther role of Jesus in their school play. It's all horseshit. Ten to one he beats his wife.

You mean, you didn't realize all this when he defended that total thug douchebag Mike Vick so vehemently?

But hey, better late than never, I always say! :thumbsup: