Draft grades

NFL Network asked Charles Davis and Cory Chavous what they think the Bills did in this draft, Davis gave the Bills a C+ and Chavous gave them an A.

Davis thought Spiller was a great pick but that Troup was a 3-4th rd pick, tho he said he absolutely loves Ed Wang and Levi Brown.

Cory stated the Bills got the most explosive player in this years draft with Spiller

He also stated he loved the Levi Brown pick. Mentioned he really likes Batten and Moats and Easley.

Said good job Buffalo!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Mayock, NFL Network A couple of quick thoughts on some seventh round picks as we get started early in this round.

Buffalo finally got a QB in Levi Brown from Troy. I believe he's been undervalued all along. He was invited to the Combine, but only as a throwing QB, not a participant. I liked him on tape, and feel like he has a chance to be a very solid backup QB.

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/883

Mike Mayock, NFL Network 192 -- Bills -- DE Danny Batten

The Bills' makeover to a 3-4 defense continues with this pick. In the second round they took Troupe, in the third round they took five-technique Carrington, and then with the last two picks they've gone to small school conversion outside linebackers. Batten from SDSU is an undersized, quick, try-hard edge rusher whose motor never stops. I've never seen more college DEs who are candidates for 3-4 conversions in one draft in my life.

I guess that huge media concensus some on the board was saying to watch is coming down in favor of this draft. I guess, as usual, those uneducated among us shot their mouths off too quickly. The media is praising Buffalo for making smart picks to make over their 3-4 defensive scheme. Gee, I guess maybe Buddy and Co. do know what they're doing.

Grading a draft before any of the players have played one game is like reviewing a movie before filming even begins.
Every site you log into for NFL football will soon have grades for all the teams, just some insight from two NFL scouts / analysts about what the Bills did in the draft.

According to some analysts the Bills two greatest needs were QB and OT and the addressed them very late in the draft. Hearing from those two (Cory Chavous & Charles Davis) gave me hope the Bills really did well this draft.