Dropped the ball on Tebow?

cossack

Hmmm. I am a big Nix believer but I am disapointed as hell this evening. We got a RB, nobody to protect whatever QB is back there and now it appears that they were going after Tebow but couldn't get it done, losing to a former Bellicheat weasel.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ter-tebow-hard/

:unsure::wallbash::censored:

We can never get it done. Losing Tebow is no shock. Bills mgmt thought that they could sit around and pick their man in the second round, like the other 31 teams were stupid. Once again, pull the trigger when you intend to kill or you end up dead.

Would you have rather taken Tebow at 9 or given up a 2, 3, and 4 round pick? Because that's what it would have taken to ensure getting Tebow. They took a chance that he'd be there in the second and it didn't work. The price was too damn high to jump up.

Would you have rather taken Tebow at 9 or given up a 2, 3, and 4 round pick? Because that's what it would have taken to ensure getting Tebow. They took a chance that he'd be there in the second and it didn't work. The price was too damn high to jump up.

Problem is we now have 3 worthless QBs and 3 runnings backs that we don't need. Sometimes risk is necessary.

Hmmm. I am a big Nix believer but I am disapointed as hell this evening. We got a RB, nobody to protect whatever QB is back there and now it appears that they were going after Tebow but couldn't get it done, losing to a former Bellicheat weasel.

did i miss something? is the draft over or did they only have the first round tonight

its April dude and they are one round into the draft and you're acting like the season starts tomorrow

Problem is we now have 3 worthless QBs and 3 runnings backs that we don't need. Sometimes risk is necessary.

So which would you rather they do? Use the 9 or give up the 2, 3, and 4. Personally I wouldn't have had a problem with taking him at 9 if Nix and Gailey wanted to hang their hat on him, but I just want to know what the guys that are pissed the Bills didn't take Tebow would have been willing to give up for him.

did i miss something? is the draft over or did they only have the first round tonight

its April dude and they are one round into the draft and you're acting like the season starts tomorrow

I understand but given their lack of activity since the season ended and the fact that they did not trade up clearly states that it will be more of the same next season. Colt and Jimmy will be taken by Oakland and Cleveland tomorrow leaving us with the usual bottom fishing project.

I understand but given their lack of activity since the season ended and the fact that they did not trade up clearly states that it will be more of the same next season. Colt and Jimmy will be taken by Oakland and Cleveland tomorrow leaving us with the usual bottom fishing project.

I hope they are gone. Then its all line all the time. Six linemen and Spiller. Actually, probably five lineman, Spiller and Campbell for a 6th when the Redskins get nervous after we pick in the 5th.

This team won't be fixed in one draft. Spiller will be a good player. I'm confident they will add a good player in the second round tomorrow as there are a lot of good players left. I know it sucks, but we have to hope that Nix knows what he's doing and give him his chance at bat.

you were kidding yourself if you expected them to do a lot in free agency

there are two very good tackles still on the board that could possibly be there when they pick in the second round

there are also other QBs besides McCoy and Clausen that will be available in the 3rd round (Pike is my choice)

trading up for Tebow who is a project at best would have been a waste for the Bills

you were obviously expecting way too much out of next season to begin with

Never ceases to amaze me how Bills fans always find something to complain about. Unbefreakinglieveable.

"Couldn't get it done..." what a joke of a comment. There are 31 other teams out there on the phone. If the Bills had traded up the complaints here would have been ENORMOUS - not only taking a project QB, but giving up picks as well.

I hope they are gone. Then its all line all the time. Six linemen and Spiller. Actually, probably five lineman, Spiller and Campbell for a 6th when the Redskins get nervous after we pick in the 5th.

So you want to go with Campbell next season?

you were kidding yourself if you expected them to do a lot in free agency

there are two very good tackles still on the board that could possibly be there when they pick in the second round

there are also other QBs besides McCoy and Clausen that will be available in the 3rd round (Pike is my choice)

trading up for Tebow who is a project at best would have been a waste for the Bills

you were obviously expecting way too much out of next season to begin with

You are right. Its just frustrating after so many disappointing seasons. Maybe I did expect too much given all of the trades that the fish and jets have made.

So you want to go with Campbell next season?

I didn't say that, but I wouldn't have any problem giving up a 6th for him. We use the next 3-4 picks to firm up both line positions, maybe include a LB and I'm happy. Campbell would be a bonus if he were had for a late pick. If Chan can make Tyler Thigpen look good, well, Campbell would do just fine for next year.