Notes from the upper deck

Kelly the Dog

Hey Kelly - where were you sitting?! We were there will all the Bills Backers. Not too far from the Bledsoe family so we had to tone it down when he tossed those picks.

This is not my first Seahawks home game but a couple of notes about their fans:

- The notion of cheering for an injured player who gets up is obviously foreign. They sat there like slugs when anyone went down, our team or theirs.

- When the score was 10-0 and the Fleahawks scored three points, they booed. Had it been the other way around, we Bills fans would have gone nuts knowing we just shaved the score by 3 points.

Clearly Seattle really isn't much of a football town. All the people at work who went to the game have a voice today, except me.

What did you think about the Blue Thunder? My husband is going to audition, he is a great drummer and they'd be lucky to have him.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kelly - where were you sitting?!  We were there will all the Bills Backers.  Not too far from the Bledsoe family so we had to tone it down when he tossed those picks.

This is not my first Seahawks home game but a couple of notes about their fans:

- The notion of cheering for an injured player who gets up is obviously foreign.  They sat there like slugs when anyone went down, our team or theirs.

- When the score was 10-0 and the Fleahawks scored three points, they booed.  Had it been the other way around, we Bills fans would have gone nuts knowing we just shaved the score by 3 points.

Clearly Seattle really isn't much of a football town.  All the people at work who went to the game have a voice today, except me.

What did you think about the Blue Thunder?  My husband is going to audition, he is a great drummer and they'd be lucky to have him.

137943[/snapback]

It's really not a very good sports town, period. Pretty typical of the left coast.

Dude, I'm not "JUST" looking at the bad things.  I'm suggesting that those bad things were bad enough to lose against most good teams.  My point is not that Bledsoe sucks - that point has been beaten to death on this Board.  My point IS that, while a win is a win, we may want to keep our focus on the Big Picture, which is that this team is still not a playoff team until it finds a way to eliminate more mistakes.  Yes, we dominated - that's what dominating defenses do.  Our o-line dominated.  Willis dominated.  Our receivers got open, and Bledsoe made some great throws.  Our STs were solid, again.  However, YOU CAN'T TURN THE BALL OVER ON THE ROAD and expect to win big games.  It's not nitpicking - it's axiomatic.  It's important - crucial, actually.  If you want me to stop posting, I'll take that under advisement - but I don't think I'm being unreasonable.

137941[/snapback]

This Bledsoe bashing is rediculous. Why can't you people just give him his due? Yeah, he threw three int's that didn't hurt us at all. Did anybody bail him out? NO. We played exactly how we should play every week. AS A TEAM! Everyone did their jobs and that's why we won. No one unit or person did anything better than anybody else. Give it a rest. We played an outstanding, well rounded game yesterday. Just enjoy the sucess and stop bitching and whining about any one person. Damn! :blink:

This Bledsoe bashing is rediculous. Why can't you people just give him his due? Yeah, he threw three int's that didn't hurt us at all. Did anybody bail him out? NO. We played exactly how we should play every week. AS A TEAM! Everyone did their jobs and that's why we won. No one unit or person did anything better than anybody else. Give it a rest. We played an outstanding, well rounded game yesterday. Just enjoy the sucess and stop bitching and whining about any one person. Damn!  :blink:

137967[/snapback]

Imperfect people expecting perfection from other people. That's reality. Good post.

Guest Guest_Coach_Tuesday
Imperfect people expecting perfection from other people.  That's reality.  Good post.

137970[/snapback]

Never claimed to be perfect - but if I had as many bad days at the office as DB has had over the last 3 years, I'd have been fired.

I said Willis AND THE DEFENSE.  Reading comprehension, Fezmid.

137890[/snapback]

Yes, and the key part in there is "WILLIS." Willis did NOT carry the offense (oh, and the defense didn't carry the offense either!). And I'm sorry, but if Willis gets 1 or two yards per carry, that's not opening up the pass at all. Bledsoe had *7* straight passes in the 2 minute drill to score a TD with 6 seconds left in the half. Picture perfect.

Apparantly YOU are the one who needs WRITING help because an AND means that BOTH parts are true, and that's obviously not the truth.

:blink:

And for the umpteenth time, the Seahawks are NOT a bad team! They're in first place in their division and have the leading rusher in the NFL! It's like the negative fans say, "Well, if *we* beat them, they must really suck!"

Another poster (I forget who) got it right when he said something like, "A few weeks ago, everyone said Bledsoe was the worst QB in the league and that we'd never win another game this year. Then after we won a few, they said that Bledsoe can win home games but he'll never win another road game. Now that we won a road game, they're saying that Bledsoe will never take us to the Superbowl." Spot on.

CW

Yes, and the key part in there is "WILLIS."  Willis did NOT carry the offense (oh, and the defense didn't carry the offense either!).  And I'm sorry, but if Willis gets 1 or two yards per carry, that's not opening up the pass at all.  Bledsoe had *7* straight passes in the 2 minute drill to score a TD with 6 seconds left in the half.  Picture perfect.

Apparantly YOU are the one who needs WRITING help because an AND means that BOTH parts are true, and that's obviously not the truth.

:blink:

And for the umpteenth time, the Seahawks are NOT a bad team!  They're in first place in their division and have the leading rusher in the NFL!  It's like the negative fans say, "Well, if *we* beat them, they must really suck!"

Another poster (I forget who) got it right when he said something like, "A few weeks ago, everyone said Bledsoe was the worst QB in the league and that we'd never win another game this year.  Then after we won a few, they said that Bledsoe can win home games but he'll never win another road game.  Now that we won a road game, they're saying that Bledsoe will never take us to the Superbowl."  Spot on.

CW

137992[/snapback]

Fezmaguiller, if Bledsoe takes us to the Superbowl I owe you a bottle of Champagne.

So you're saying that a "good team" should have been able to score 3 TD's after those INT's? And then Bledsoe should be blamed for the loss, even though the opposing offense would have had to march 60+ yards to score each time? Well let's say the Seahawks DID score TD's after every INT. What's the final score (and you can add a point for the failed 2-point conversion that would otherwise have been a PAT)?

Still waiting for you (and ICE) to justify how WM carried the offense...

CW

138051[/snapback]

Can't you read?? I said Willis and the D bailed out Bledsoe. How? The D forced 3-and-outs after the INTs; I've already explained how Willis's success against the run-blitzing, compared with Henry's failure against the same kinds of fronts earlier in the year, made the difference by keeping the Seattle D on its toes (and remaining relatively upfield). Willis also kept the offense from too many 3d and longs, plus he was able to eat up clock time. Now, you obviously disagree with my arguments - but please, stop turning my words upside-down.

Can't you read??  I said Willis and the D bailed out Bledsoe.  How?  The D forced 3-and-outs after the INTs; I've already explained how Willis's success against the run-blitzing, compared with Henry's failure against the same kinds of fronts earlier in the year, made the difference by keeping the Seattle D on its toes (and remaining relatively upfield).  Willis also kept the offense from too many 3d and longs, plus he was able to eat up clock time.  Now, you obviously disagree with my arguments - but please, stop turning my words upside-down.

138075[/snapback]

Right... Because averaging 2 yards per carry keeps third downs very short. :blink: If running for 1 yard "keeps the defense honest," then why didn't that work with TH? You could say WM picks up the blitz well and is a good outlet; however, that's what you expect from your RB, so that's not "bailing someone out" either.

Also, Bledsoe threw only 4 incomplete passes -- meaning on all of his other passes, the clock was running. How is that WM controlling the clock?

To me, it looks like typical "Bledsoe can do no right" thinking on your part.

CW

Right... Because averaging 2 yards per carry keeps third downs very short. :blink: If running for 1 yard "keeps the defense honest," then why didn't that work with TH?

Actually, it does if they're run blitzing and you're still able to get positive yardage.