Roethlisberger violated the NFL's personal-conduct policy

LGB

So you were there and have evidence/proof of this? I'm not saying that he is guilty, or innocent, what I am saying is that he has not been convicted in a court of law, only in the public/media "court of justice".

If you worked for a regular corporation, and they tried to disipline you because you were accused of something, you may have a lawsuit on your hands, or atleast a grievance with a union or labor board

He hasn't been convicted in the public either. There are plenty of people defending him, but you're right in that public image is really the issue. If part of your job meant presenting a good public image for your company and you have twice been caught in a situation that presented a bad public image, then regardless of whether or not there was "enough evidence" the company has a right to discipline you.

Plenty of professional athletes get laid without being accused of rape. Whether Ben did it or not he's putting himself in a very uncomfortable place for the NFL. That's the tradeoff for making millions of dollars for playing a kid's game. You have to play by their rules.

He hasn't been convicted in the public either. There are plenty of people defending him, but you're right in that public image is really the issue. If part of your job meant presenting a good public image for your company and you have twice been caught in a situation that presented a bad public image, then regardless of whether or not there was "enough evidence" the company has a right to discipline you.

Plenty of professional athletes get laid without being accused of rape. Whether Ben did it or not he's putting himself in a very uncomfortable place for the NFL. That's the tradeoff for making millions of dollars for playing a kid's game. You have to play by their rules.

So what...if I were him I'd say F you to all of them and retire early...I think the NFLPA should strike on mistreatment

Ridiculous...utterly ridiculous...so now the NFL's Goodell is the Nazi and people back this fool????...c'mon...bad judgment is now grounds for losing your job?...please...this country gets more and more sickening by the week...nobody has any heart...NFL guys are getting suspended for anything and everything...if they go to the bar, suspended...if they do an endzone dance suspended...I think Sapp was right NFL now stands for the No Fun League as far as celebrations go...and now on top of that even if you're AROUND something bad...or even ACCUSED of something bad, you're in violation of the NFL...this is stupid...like Willis once said "I guess I'll just stay in my house and play Madden all day, that isn't a violation of the NFL rules now is it?"...please...plus I'm still fuming over the hockey game, where players show zero heart now...just sports suck nowadays...they really do...

When there is a code of conduct policy,that the player's union ratified with their last agreement,then yes there are ramifications for these types of behaviour,that shed a bad light on the league.Enough defending ben------he need's to grow up,and hopefully learn what it means to be a real man.

When there is a code of conduct policy,that the player's union ratified with their last agreement,then yes there are ramifications for these types of behaviour,that shed a bad light on the league.Enough defending ben------he need's to grow up,and hopefully learn what it means to be a real man.

It's stupid...he didn't do anything...DA said there is not evidence...so the NFLPA are stupid for ratifying the policy...

It's stupid...he didn't do anything...DA said there is not evidence...so the NFLPA are stupid for ratifying the policy...

I think you're missing the point. He's not being considered for suspension because of what the DA says.

He volunteered himself to be held accountable to a written NFL standard. Whether it's stupid or not, he put himself in a situation that violates what he swore to abide by.

Like you said earlier, if he doesn't like it, he can find employment elsewhere...

Are you serious?? do you not understand that the NFL is a multi-billion dollar industry,which relies on monies from both private sources------(people like you and me),and corporate sponsorship,whom it is ultimately beholden to.It may not seem fair to you,but i can assure you it is fair,fortune and fame do at times carry a price tag,and i for one don't a bit sorry for him.

Ridiculous...utterly ridiculous...so now the NFL's Goodell is the Nazi and people back this fool????...c'mon...bad judgment is now grounds for losing your job?...please...this country gets more and more sickening by the week...nobody has any heart...NFL guys are getting suspended for anything and everything...if they go to the bar, suspended...if they do an endzone dance suspended...I think Sapp was right NFL now stands for the No Fun League as far as celebrations go...and now on top of that even if you're AROUND something bad...or even ACCUSED of something bad, you're in violation of the NFL...this is stupid...like Willis once said "I guess I'll just stay in my house and play Madden all day, that isn't a violation of the NFL rules now is it?"...please...plus I'm still fuming over the hockey game, where players show zero heart now...just sports suck nowadays...they really do...

you really feel passionately about bens right to nail underage drunk girls eh? you seem to post in each and every thread about it.....

So you were there and have evidence/proof of this? I'm not saying that he is guilty, or innocent, what I am saying is that he has not been convicted in a court of law, only in the public/media "court of justice".

If you worked for a regular corporation, and they tried to disipline you because you were accused of something, you may have a lawsuit on your hands, or atleast a grievance with a union or labor board

He admitted sexual contact with her and has not disputed he bought her multiple shots. By her own admission, she wasn't sure what happened, at least at first.