We need to ACQUIRE talent, not trade it away

Got_Wood

Too many people want to get rid of Lynch, Evans, and Schobel for draft picks. Or trade down in the draft for more picks.

This team, more than most in the league, needs to BRING IN more talent. Take a look at our division rival, the Jets. So far, they've added Tomlinson, Cromartie, and Holmes. And they're potentially grabbing Jason Taylor as well. These guys are stockpiling talent, and they haven't had to give up much to get it.

If anything, we need less late round draft picks and more proven talent. If we're making any trades, it should be late round picks for players. Guys like Jared Gaither, Brandon Marshall, Matt Hasselbeck, Albert Haynesworth are worth their weight in gold to Buffalo. If they can be had, we should grab them immediately. Now many of them may not be available, but we need to get out of bottom-dweller mode and start believing we're on the same level as the rest of the NFL.

Too many people want to get rid of Lynch, Evans, and Schobel for draft picks. Or trade down in the draft for more picks.

This team, more than most in the league, needs to BRING IN more talent. Take a look at our division rival, the Jets. So far, they've added Tomlinson, Cromartie, and Holmes. And they're potentially grabbing Jason Taylor as well. These guys are stockpiling talent, and they haven't had to give up much to get it.

If anything, we need less late round draft picks and more proven talent. If we're making any trades, it should be late round picks for players. Guys like Jared Gaither, Brandon Marshall, Matt Hasselbeck, Albert Haynesworth are worth their weight in gold to Buffalo. If they can be had, we should grab them immediately. Now many of them may not be available, but we need to get out of bottom-dweller mode and start believing we're on the same level as the rest of the NFL.

Let me be the first to say I wouldnt trade them for picks I would trade them for players. I would trade Evans and Schobel in a heart beat. Lynch on the other hand Im not to quick to pull the trigger. You need two good backs and Lynch is a truck. IF Gailey uses them right both rbs could have a potential of reaching a 1000yds each easy.

Evans isnt worth his salary and we need more of a possesion WR, Schoebel is changing position so instead of seeing if that will work trade him for a LB. Im not as big on drafting players as others are. I am one of those who is more willing to give up all 7 of my picks for 7 proven NFL players but thats just me.

very true but highly unlikely...and just wait for the posts here protecting ralph's wallet (and he doesn't need any help). "build through the draft, build through the draft, build through the draft"...lather,rinse, repeat.

Let me be the first to say I wouldnt trade them for picks I would trade them for players. I would trade Evans and Schobel in a heart beat. Lynch on the other hand Im not to quick to pull the trigger. You need two good backs and Lynch is a truck. IF Gailey uses them right both rbs could have a potential of reaching a 1000yds each easy.

Evans isnt worth his salary and we need more of a possesion WR, Schoebel is changing position so instead of seeing if that will work trade him for a LB. Im not as big on drafting players as others are. I am one of those who is more willing to give up all 7 of my picks for 7 proven NFL players but thats just me.

I agree that a trade for Lynch or Evans that brought back another proven player would be a different story. Talent for talent is ok by me, but not talent for "potential" talent. The draft is a great way to acquire future stars, but the chance of landing those types of players with late round picks is significantly lower.

+1