The best thing about this game too me was..

that it seems to show that we probably have the right talent and the right coach (read coaching staff selected by the right HC).

The Bills braintrust has the right plan to win with the advantages and limitations of this team. This means:

1. You run and stop the run which seems to be the most fundamental part of this game. JMac is such an upgrade over Vinky and Ruel it isn't even funny and Jrry Gray is showing himself to not only be a wonderful tacticiam as he demonstated last year through mastering play calling of the run blits, but he is a wonderful strategist as he almost always seems to diagnose what the opponents are doing right in the first half and come up with and implement an adjustment at half time to stop the opponents. If I feel good personally it was in recognizinh that even if some posters wee correct in labeling Adams a fat tub of goo (I honestly didn't know having never seen Adams that even a fat tub of goo was an upgrade for this D where it needed to be upgraded. Fortunately, this fat tub of goo is playing like a great player and is a key to stopping the run on this D.

2. Bledsoe is not the QB he once was in terms of production, but he can win IF the HC and O squad run an offense which does not depend on him being Elway or Montana because he ain;t. However, you can win with him if you use his golden arm as a threat and instead run the ball and run it again.

The main problems for these team early in the season which unfortunately will likely cost us a shot at the playoffs was that we got A unlucky with a couple of miracle plays we should have stopped againt Jax and with the refs in Oakland and that our roolie HC was not a vet yet so that he could run a game which demphasized Bledsoe so that Bledsoe could win.

The NE game shows we are not anywhere near the best yet, but the run up too this game and the two games afterward show to me that this team is on the right track.

Start JP when he is ready to start and not a moment sooner or a moment later!

No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!

I will go ahead and make the blasphemous statement...Drew will be our starting QB next year. If we continue as we have been, and finish the year strong, how can he suddenly be benched for a guy with very little experience. JP may have to sit and wait his turn.

I will go ahead and make the blasphemous statement...Drew will be our starting QB next year.  If we continue as we have been, and finish the year strong, how can he suddenly be benched for a guy with very little experience.  JP may have to sit and wait his turn.

136820[/snapback]

And at the end of next year we will sit with maybe a 10-6 record and a playoff birth, nothing more. As will always be the case with Bledsoe. And then we wait another year for JP's development.

Actually, I was kind of nervous about what sort of 2nd half adjustments JG was going to make. They were so effective in the 1st half, I was afraid they were going to try & outsmart themselves.

I think that's about the 1st game where our Dee has been stymying (sp?, or is that a word) in the 1st half. (Maybe the dull-fins, but they don't count.) They played very well in the 2nd as well.

I will go ahead and make the blasphemous statement...Drew will be our starting QB next year.  If we continue as we have been, and finish the year strong, how can he suddenly be benched for a guy with very little experience.  JP may have to sit and wait his turn.

136820[/snapback]

I think they cut or trade him, due to the salary cap.